For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Yes and open season should be limited to self forged barrels, hand made receivers and stocks with bullets constructed by the hunter. Riiigghttt 

I have no objection to crossbows but people seem to lose common sense and therefore credibility when statements like this are made.  Same with doc wanting to introduce firearms in gun season.  The slope ain’t that slippery boys.  

And of course crossbows are easier to shoot than compounds which are easier than trad bows.  So what.  But again to argue otherwise one loses credibility.  

I  am with big Val.  Waste of time reading this stuff.  

Reading this I can understand what you are getting at moog. I am taking things to extremes to try and make points of how silly some of the comments are, but in doing so I am stooping to the levels of those I am trying to point out how ridiculous their statements are, but really what difference does it make. 

To answer the poll one more time, YES I Fully Support Crossbow Full Inclusion!

The rest of this dribble is useless. Enough Said, Carry on folks! 

Over and out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tughillmcd said:

Reading this I can understand what you are getting at moog. I am taking things to extremes to try and make points of how silly some of the comments are, but in doing so I am stooping to the levels of those I am trying to point out how ridiculous their statements are, but really what difference does it make. 

To answer the poll one more time, YES I Fully Support Crossbow Full Inclusion!

The rest of this dribble is useless. Enough Said, Carry on folks! 

Over and out!

But would you be satisfied with partial inclusion 

That is  what I want to know .

I mean if vertical bows got one week more or 3 days more then xbow would you still have a problem with that ?

16 hours ago, tughillmcd said:

What difference would it make? I am not promoting crossbow because of the ease or difficulty. I promote crossbow to grow hunters and hopefully keep hunting alive for my grandchildren to enjoy.

Is a compound bow easier than a longbow?

We're 16 pages into topic number 642 about crossbows. It makes no difference. But I'll take it from your failure to respond after being asked 3 times that you feel it DOES matter, or you'd have answered. 

16 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

nah, here read this and remember that analytics and statistics what we are discussing  not who won the electoral college vote. 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right%3famp

it was pretty widely publicized that she was going to win the ELECTION. And she didn't. So stop.

14 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

And shooting a compound at 70lb. draw weight with 80+%  let off ain't difficult either.

The fun and challenging part is the game of hunting. 

it's not challenging to you, but you haven't been paying attention to all those who cannot pull back a 70 lb. bow. Hell I don't shoot 70. 

2 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

If I recall correctly, mine is at 58 lbs with a 65% letoff. That's enough for me!

very few people need to shoot 70. And even someone like myself who is pretty physically fit would never claim it's "easy". It was a silly comment by a guy who thinks crossbows are harder than compounds. Enough said.

17 minutes ago, Belo said:

it was pretty widely publicized that she was going to win the ELECTION. And she didn't. So stop.

Can’t admit you are wrong I see. 

Im not talking about what the news said or opinions, the polls were right just like the data the DEC already has that shows a majority in favor of expanding crossbow season. 

And this is yet another wasted thread, the only thing stopping crossbows is the law making process. I wonder if this election cycle will be enough to get it pushed through finally. 

Your opinions don’t matter much at this point. 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

very few people need to shoot 70. And even someone like myself who is pretty physically fit would never claim it's "easy". It was a silly comment by a guy who thinks crossbows are harder than compounds. Enough said.

But you would not know which is easier or harder, you just assume. Nor did I say it was harder, I said compound bow hunting is not harder.

I said crossbow hunting was not easier. With hunting different weapons it takes different tactics.

Some would say gun hunting is more challenging then bowhunting cause deer are more pressured. Isn't that part of the bow hunting communities argument.

If you hunt the same way in every season, one will seem more challenging than the other.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tughillmcd said:

Yep, they get the bow season and all other implements are jumbled together.

I think you should lobby for no restrictions  on crossbow design instead of trying to get them in  all of archery season

Limb and draw weight  rules need to go .

Crossbow is a good weapon it definitely should have a season .

But so should vertical bows to be Fair. You have to comprise if you want things done sometimes .

Under the rules they have now 

This is illagle 

Which makes no sense 

MICRO 335
MSRP
Velocity
335 FPS
Cocking Effort
Draw Weight (LB)
Mass Weight (LB)
Arrow Length
Arrow Weight
min 350gr
Stock Type
Feather-Lite
Product Code

Edited by Storm914

20 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Just wondery to you xbow guys does your season really need to overlap all of archery to be satisfied?  Why not try some compound or recurve and mix it up a little . 

Maybe you will injoy it .

I my self am thinking  about ordering  some lower weight limbs for my recurve and see if that helps  me get more accurate with the thing enough so that I'll use that instead of my compound bow. At least some of the time . 

Or at least I can target shoot a lot more with it  before my fingers and arms feel like crap . 

In the southern zone, I would settle for a compromise that catetegorizes compound vertical bows and crossbows the same (high-tech), with the season for them starting October 15 and running until opening of gun season.  October 1 thru October 14 would be "traditional" (or low-tech), when only longbows and recurves would be allowed, for archers over 16 but under 50 years old. I would like to see the compounds and crossbows be legal during that first two weeks for hunters under 16 or over 50 years old, or for others with some physical disability.   In the Northern zone, I would like to see those dates shifted forward 1 month with the same arrangement (low-tech starts September 1).  That is a compromise that I could definitely live with. 

Such an arrangement would result in vastly increased participation in "traditional" low-tech archery, while also not impeding the access of beginners and older hunters the access to more efficient weapons (compounds and crossbows), which would offer them a greater chance for "fresh" or "continuing" success.  I really do appreciate the selflessness of some of the traditional archers who have welcomed "full-inclusion" of the crossbow for all, with no strings attached.  I have very little appreciation for the compound-only crowd who selfishly fight to keep the crossbow out of their "private time".         

Edited by wolc123

43 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

In the southern zone, I would settle for a compromise that catetegorizes compound vertical bows and crossbows the same (high-tech), with the season for them starting October 15 and running until opening of gun season.  October 1 thru October 14 would be "traditional" (or low-tech), when only longbows and recurves would be allowed, for archers over 16 but under 50 years old. I would like to see the compounds and crossbows be legal during that first two weeks for hunters under 16 or over 50 years old, or for others with some physical disability.   In the Northern zone, I would like to see those dates shifted forward 1 month with the same arrangement (low-tech starts September 1).  That is a compromise that I could definitely live with. 

Such an arrangement would result in vastly increased participation in "traditional" low-tech archery, while also not impeding the access of beginners and older hunters the access to more efficient weapons (compounds and crossbows), which would offer them a greater chance for "fresh" or "continuing" success.  I really do appreciate the selflessness of some of the traditional archers who have welcomed "full-inclusion" of the crossbow for all, with no strings attached.  I have very little appreciation for the compound-only crowd who selfishly fight to keep the crossbow out of their "private time".         

Not a bad idea but that  would stop alot from using a compound bow most Will go to a  crossbow unless you give them also  a few exstra days? 

Know  what I mean 

My idea would have recurve go first then compound and then xbow but no limits on xbow design no draw weight or limb restrictions .  And I would add airbow into that season to .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Not a bad idea but that  would stop alot from using a compound bow most Will go to a  crossbow unless you give them also  a few exstra days? 

Know  what I mean 

My idea would have recurve go first then compound and then xbow but no limits on xbow design no draw weight or limb restrictions .  And I would add airbow into that season to .

Records from Ohio and PA have shown that most have indeed switched to the crossbow, because it is marginally more efficient and effective overall.  There are lots of situations where the compound bow comes out on top however.  That is why, even after 40 years, there is still significant usage of them in Ohio.   Stalking thru a corn field would be easier with a compound for example, or almost any still-hunting thru and around cover.   Even hunting from a tree-stand, around branches where there is not a rest, seems easier with a compound.  That takes away any valid reason to let the compound in before the crossbow.   The valid reason for letting the traditional equipment (longbows & recurves) in earlier is that there is few or any situations where they are more efficient or effective, but many folks (natural born fighters) who enjoy the challenge.  Those of us who are natural born killers would never have a use for such things, because we always seek to minimize challenge that impedes a kill.   New fighters are born every day though, so there will always be folks wanting to use traditional equipment.  I feel that those willing to put in the added time and effort to become skilled with a traditional bow deserve an earlier shot at the deer.  That certainly does not apply to the compound bow however.     

I don't mind the current mechanical restrictions on crossbows in NY.  I have done ok with an entry-level model.  It did not cost much but has put all three bucks that I shot at with it down inside of 40 yards, after they took the bolt.  I would be ok with airbows in gun season but not in archery.   

Edited by wolc123

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Know  what I mean 

Airbow ? Do everyone a favor and go slam your hand in a door for typing that !

19 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Records from Ohio and PA have shown that most have indeed switched to the crossbow, because it is marginally more efficient and effective overall.  There are lots of situations where the compound bow comes out on top however.  That is why, even after 40 years, there is still significant usage of them in Ohio.   Stalking thru a corn field would be easier with a compound for example, or almost any still-hunting thru and around cover.   Even hunting from a tree-stand, around branches where there is not a rest, seems easier with a compound.  That takes away any valid reason to let the compound in before the crossbow.   The valid reason for letting the traditional equipment (longbows & recurves) in earlier is that there is few or any situations where they are more efficient or effective, but many folks (natural born fighters) who enjoy the challenge.  Those of us who are natural born killers would never have a use for such things, because we always seek to minimize challenge that impedes a kill.   New fighters are born every day though, so there will always be folks wanting to use traditional equipment.  I feel that those willing to put in the added time and effort to become skilled with a traditional bow deserve an earlier shot at the deer.  That certainly does not apply to the compound bow however.     

I don't mind the current mechanical restrictions on crossbows in NY.  I have done ok with an entry-level model.  It did not cost much but has put all three bucks that I shot at with it down inside of 40 yards, after they took the bolt.  I would be ok with airbows in gun season but not in archery.   

Are the crossbow guys going to take the archery class because if  not they should not be in the  same season as compound bows or recurves 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Airbow ? Do everyone a favor and go slam your hand in a door for typing that !

Why ? 

What is the difference from a xbow shoots a arrow don't it and it is . Safer 

People have gotten fingers broken from putting hand in front of path of xbows string 

Edited by Storm914

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Why ? 

What is the difference from a xbow shoots a arrow don't it and it is . Safer 

People have gotten fingers broken from putting hand in front of path of xbows string 

Why bother segregating the seasons ,if you're gonna let garbage like airbows out of gun season .

I nominate wolcot and storm to be the DEC brain trust for their genious ideas. 

I really thought these type of threads couldn’t get any dumber but these two are proving me wrong with their innovative thinking. 

I think l lost more brain cells reading the last series of posts than wolcot did when he had brain surgery. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I nominate wolcot and storm to be the DEC brain trust for their genious ideas. 

I really thought these type of threads couldn’t get any dumber but these two are proving me wrong with their innovative thinking. 

I think l lost more brain cells reading the last series of posts than wolcot did when he had brain surgery. 

And what is your idea ? 

And if crossbow is the same as vertical bow why did I have to take a archery course to get the license?  but 

All xbow guy only has to  sign the paper in the hunting manual that he read it.

Why is that if there the

same?

Bowhunter Education

students drawing a bowstring with guidance from an instructor

This course is required for learning the necessary safety techniques and responsibilities when using a bow and arrow to pursue deer and bear. While this course is not required for hunting deer with a crossbow, or for small game or turkey, DEC encourages you to take this course to learn general bow and tree stand safety techniques.

Edited by Storm914