For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

I wish there would have been a "neutral" option. I hunt with a crossbow, I don't hunt with a bow. I would love to be able to hunt five weeks earlier in the season, if I had the consensus blessing of my fellow hunters. I look at hunting with a crossbow as a privilege, not a right, and if a majority of all hunters feel I shouldn't have that privilege, I can live with that.

From a deer management perspective, I could see the DEC allowing full inclusion in certain WMUs where they give out a lot of doe tags and still don't get the target numbers they want. That might be an approach to a compromise.

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

we've had this poll 74 times now

Then why did people ask for another one? At least this is straight forward, not click-bail. Sheesh. LOL

7 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I wish there would have been a "neutral" option. I hunt with a crossbow, I don't hunt with a bow. I would love to be able to hunt five weeks earlier in the season, if I had the consensus blessing of my fellow hunters. I look at hunting with a crossbow as a privilege, not a right, and if a majority of all hunters feel I shouldn't have that privilege, I can live with that.

From a deer management perspective, I could see the DEC allowing full inclusion in certain WMUs where they give out a lot of doe tags and still don't get the target numbers they want. That might be an approach to a compromise.

Neutral is don't vote, don't post.

I agree with that bottom part. That's a very reasonable compromise IMO. But to many others, that wouldn't be "fair" to the WMU's left out. 

The area I made bold and italic.... Don't agree with that at all. ALL hunting is a privilege, and no one should just go with the crowd to fit in, make your own decisions/conclusions and stand by them.

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

Then why did people ask for another one? At least this is straight forward, not click-bail. Sheesh. LOL

Neutral is don't vote, don't post.

I agree with that bottom part. That's a very reasonable compromise IMO. But to many others, that wouldn't be "fair" to the WMU's left out. 

The area I made bold and italic.... Don't agree with that at all. ALL hunting is a privilege, and no one should just go with the crowd to fit in, make your own decisions/conclusions and stand by them.

For the bolded part, not so much motivated by wanting to go with the crowd to fit in, more out of respect of the skill needed to shoot a bow. I would be concerned if enough bow hunters are against it, allowing full inclusion could cause some bowhunters who hunt for sport to quit the sport, which would be bad.

I'd be curious to see a poll grouped by pro and anti inclusion folks, asking them if they are sport/horn hunters or meat hunters. I suspect the first group with have a high % of anti, and the latter group high % of pro full inclusion.

34 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm changing my stance on X bows lately , i was dead against them and they don't bother me so much . I'll never shoot one myself , i still see them as the fanny pack of the hunting world .

I like both xbows and fannypacks ! But my fanny pack holds a Glock .

I had no use for a xbow, till my 29th year of bow hunting and all the sudden I could not draw my compound anymore , spent about a grand on one, which was more then I spent on compounds in those 29 years.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I like both xbows and fannypacks ! But my fanny pack holds a Glock .

I had no use for a xbow, till my 29th year of bow hunting and all the sudden I could not draw my compound anymore , spent about a grand on one, which was more then I spent on compounds in those 29 years.

I'm dreading the days when I can' draw a bow anymore .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goosifer said:

For the bolded part, not so much motivated by wanting to go with the crowd to fit in, more out of respect of the skill needed to shoot a bow. I would be concerned if enough bow hunters are against it, allowing full inclusion could cause some bowhunters who hunt for sport to quit the sport, which would be bad.

I'd be curious to see a poll grouped by pro and anti inclusion folks, asking them if they are sport/horn hunters or meat hunters. I suspect the first group with have a high % of anti, and the latter group high % of pro full inclusion.

This isn't about the "rack" hunters". Been many arguments about that already, as with this topic. You are free to create a poll on meat vs antlers. Who's stopping you?

I made this poll because people kept saying make a new poll, and no one did. So, I did. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rob... said:

This isn't about the "rack" hunters". Been many arguments about that already, as with this topic. You are free to create a poll on meat vs antlers. Who's stopping you?

I don't think I made myself clear. It would be a 2x2 grid with pro and anti inclusion on one axis, and horn and meat hunter on the other axis. I just think it would be interesting to see the correlations across the two different issues, four different subsets.

40 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I made this poll because people kept saying make a new poll, and no one did. So, I did. Nothing more nothing less. 

So you're not interested in any discussion or exchange of ideas on the topic? OK, I didn't realize that. I will keep my musings out of your poll thread.

Edited by goosifer
typo

I'm for full inclusion. Shoulders are shot, even after a surgery. 

But it doesn't matter. Full inclusion won't be happening any time soon.

Thats just the way it is. When ignorance pervades a political system, charged with passing something they know nothing about.

But they sure claim to be experts, on the destructiveness of the dreaded "assault weapons!" And had no problems adding more gun laws in the last session. 

Go figure. 

Guess those politicians know much more about guns than crossbows.

You for or against, full inclusion of the crossbow?

It doesn't really matter. We're all in the same boat here.

Divided we fall.......

• Like 4

I'm all in on crossbows! From what I'm told by a dec officer that is a friend of mine is this year they're not going to be any changes the liars in Albany can't come to an agreement. But next year the decision on crossbows will be in the hands of the dec and they will implement the rightful use of crossbows. He also told me the silly rule on #200 draw weight will be lifted also.