For Or Against Full Inclusion

DirtTime

For Or Against Full Inclusion  

105 members have voted

1. 1. For Or Against Full Inclusion

• For
    • Against

41 minutes ago, Cory said:

I'm all in on crossbows! From what I'm told by a dec officer that is a friend of mine is this year they're not going to be any changes the liars in Albany can't come to an agreement. But next year the decision on crossbows will be in the hands of the dec and they will implement the rightful use of crossbows. He also told me the silly rule on #200 draw weight will be lifted also. 

It's never in hands of Dec..our season isn't either

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, G-Man said:

We need a poll to see who is a bow hunter that also crossbow hunts.. I see one xbow  non bow hunter so far everyone else has one in addition to bow..

I never bow hunted, but just started xbow hunting.  For me, it was any easy choice.  I am very familiar with shoulder fired weapons and would expect to be more successful with the xbow vs a bow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'm for full inclusion. Shoulders are shot, even after a surgery. 

But it doesn't matter. Full inclusion won't be happening any time soon.

Thats just the way it is. When ignorance pervades a political system, charged with passing something they know nothing about.

But they sure claim to be experts, on the destructiveness of the dreaded "assault weapons!" And had no problems adding more gun laws in the last session. 

Go figure. 

Guess those politicians know much more about guns than crossbows.

You for or against, full inclusion of the crossbow?

It doesn't really matter. We're all in the same boat here.

Divided we fall.......

There it is! Right there! PERFECT way to put this into perspective! The X-Bow Bill has been on "The Govs" desk for years! The instant a chance comes to ban a firearm he's all over it. 

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

I don't think I made myself clear. It would be a 2x2 grid with pro and anti inclusion on one axis, and horn and meat hunter on the other axis. I just think it would be interesting to see the correlations across the two different issues, four different subsets.

So you're not interested in any discussion or exchange of ideas on the topic? OK, I didn't realize that. I will keep my musings out of your poll thread.

I am open to talks/discussions. But, I am not the DEC. They make the rules and we just have to deal with it. You made yourself very clear! 

If you want a poll to discuss the things you have to say that really don't have anything to do with this thread, then make one! I am sure many would be interested on your "Axis". 

I will avoid the x-bow for as long as I can, but if others want full inclusion, fine and dandy. I personally will keep in shape as long as I can and keep using my "old fashioned" Bowtech compound bow. Dang x-bows are too heavy and a pain in da butt to lug around anyhow. No poppycorn for me...just a glass of Merlot for me...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rob... said:

There it is! Right there! PERFECT way to put this into perspective! The X-Bow Bill has been on "The Govs" desk for years! The instant a chance comes to ban a firearm he's all over it.

All proposed Xbow legislation the past few years has either been stalled in an Enviro sub-Committee or within the hands of the legislators. Hasn't gotten passed and sent on for Czar Andy's approval, yet.

14 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

All proposed Xbow legislation the past few years has either been stalled in an Enviro sub-Committee or within the hands of the legislators. Hasn't gotten passed and sent on for Czar Andy's approval, yet.

Nah.....its sitting right under the bill that is going to make a moose season.:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i voted against - which surprised me a little actually.  But I just like the seasons exactly the way they are.  I would like to see anyone with a Sr's license to be able to use it and also for youth hunting and then lower the age restriction and get rid of the youth gun weekend.  Would be nice for younger folks to be able to hunt the whole bow season with an adult and a crossbow. 

I love bow hunting - its my favorite damn thing.  But if they made it open to crossbows i would be hard pressed not to take it instead of the bow. 

Deja Vu, 15 years later....:rofl: I remember when they made crossbows all-inclusive in PA, all the same arguments, pro & con. If anything, it got more bowhunters into the woods, and now less guys rifle hunt in PA, many are tagged out before gun season starts. I do realize they take much less practice than a longbow or compound bow, but the premise is the same; you are shooting an arrow and need to be extremely fussy with your shots, or you will wind up with a crippled deer rather than a dead deer.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, goosifer said:

For the bolded part, not so much motivated by wanting to go with the crowd to fit in, more out of respect of the skill needed to shoot a bow. I would be concerned if enough bow hunters are against it, allowing full inclusion could cause some bowhunters who hunt for sport to quit the sport, which would be bad.

I'd be curious to see a poll grouped by pro and anti inclusion folks, asking them if they are sport/horn hunters or meat hunters. I suspect the first group with have a high % of anti, and the latter group high % of pro full inclusion.

This will probably draw some heat but no one is ever going to convince me otherwise. I believe that most of those against full inclusion are are in the "some one is going to be able to shoot my deer" camp

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

This will probably draw some heat but no one is ever going to convince me otherwise. I believe that most of those against full inclusion are are in the "some one is going to be able to shoot my deer" camp

Youll get heat because youre right.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I hunt with both, Im for full inclusion. Give people the choice. The sky will not fall.

X-2..........That sums it up very nicely!

24 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

X-2........So does this!

• Like 3

Im for full inclusion , I'm selfish. I don't like camp being empty for a month because my friends age and health doesn't allow them to pull their bow anymore.. camp is so much better when all the old guys are there with their crossbows. Heck I'll say,it life is better with them there.

• Like 6

My next birthday will be the big 6-0. I'm already finding there's physical things that I used to do with ease, that aren't so easy at all anymore.

I'd hate to think that once I retire in hopefully five-ish years, that I'd only have a few years left before I have to start skipping the month of October.

Besides, I love my Parker F-4. I'd like to spend a little more quality time with it! Like 6-7 weeks per year. I've had it for 3 years and haven't killed any more deer per season than I have before X-bows were legal.

I'm disappointed in it not making the budget. Typical NY State, making my choices for me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i voted against - which surprised me a little actually.  But I just like the seasons exactly the way they are.  I would like to see anyone with a Sr's license to be able to use it and also for youth hunting and then lower the age restriction and get rid of the youth gun weekend.  Would be nice for younger folks to be able to hunt the whole bow season with an adult and a crossbow. 

I love bow hunting - its my favorite damn thing.  But if they made it open to crossbows i would be hard pressed not to take it instead of the bow. 

I voted for full inclusion for the first time in one of these 47 polls. All the other times I voted against it. The reason I voted against it in the past was the same reason as you. I like the season the way they are...It basically makes me use my bow. If full inclusion was in effect I am not sure I would carry my bow anymore. Then I started thinking,  I am voting for less freedom which goes against pretty much everything I believe in.  If I chose not to carry my bow anymore that would be my choice and not someone dictating it. Either way they need to amend the existing law immediately to allow people to hunt with a crossbow that are not able to bow hunt due to age/disability. I want everyone that wants to be in the woods hunting to have the ability to do that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I voted for full inclusion for the first time in one of these 47 polls. All the other times I voted against it. The reason I voted against it in the past was the same reason as you. I like the season the way they are...It basically makes me use my bow. If full inclusion was in effect I am not sure I would carry my bow anymore. Then I started thinking,  I am voting for less freedom which goes against pretty much everything I believe in.  If I chose not to carry my bow anymore that would be my choice and not someone dictating it. Either way they need to amend the existing law immediately to allow people to hunt with a crossbow that are not able to bow hunt due to age/disability. I want everyone that wants to be in the woods hunting to have the ability to do that. 

Couldn't agree more. The liberty question of does this law make you more or less free, doesn't stand up.  

Don't like to see more legislation in most all cases.  But if that were the case then why wouldn't it just go right to all implements.  

Def on the fence with that one. But I truly am not on the fence for expanding the use of them for those that cannot draw a bow.  

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Couldn't agree more. The liberty question of does this law make you more or less free, doesn't stand up.  

Don't like to see more legislation in most all cases.  But if that were the case then why wouldn't it just go right to all implements.  

Def on the fence with that one. But I truly am not on the fence for expanding the use of them for those that cannot draw a bow.  

How is the choice of crossbow or bow not more of a freedom of choice than bow only? You get to decide instead of the government deciding for you. I hear what you are saying about it going to all implements and I thought about that as I was typing it. So I get that argument, and no I wouldn't be for that even though it would give people more choice so I guess that philosophy can't work for everything.   I guess I have just swayed from I like it the way it is..... too....why shouldn't people be aloud to choose. 

• Like 1