How To Clean This Up

DirtTime

Looks like you have most of the crud off. I agree with Doc at this point. Put a handle on it and use it. The nice thing is that if it's actually 'old', and I'm guessing it is, it's probably good quality steel that will take and hold an edge. It's something I'd be proud to own and use.

I'd be more worried about getting the cakey rust out of the 'throat' of the tool than the faces, if you're going to use it, otherwise you will probably buy a few handles trying to fit one to stay tight to the head.

Lawdwaz will run it through a wire wheel for me. I may send it to him, not sure yet.
I was going to use it for splitting small stuff for our fire pit. But, now, I am thinking of getting a cheap wood burning kit, add something cool to the handle and hanging it in my den.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Rob... said:

Done for today. I might pick up some course sandpaper and see how it goes. But not overly concerned or in a rush.d3fdd458dd9164b94ca00ed7e0c4cc06.jpg7375597368b169784aee43ea0765f7c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Let it soak in clr for a few days.. it will polish up nice