Redneck is a winner

moog5050

10 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

it's killing me as i've still got one of my best stands still out. i bring everything in for the off season but i'm mostly in treestands. i get leaving the blinds despite i've had some snow cave them in and stretch the fabric.

We have way too many out to bring them.  They stay and are replaced as needed.   Usually hunt ladder stands but bought 2 of these to hunt with kids and hoped metal frame of blind would allow me to leave em out.  So far so good.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Looks great Moog - I see you made the risers, but what brand is the platform and blind?

Redneck 360 softsided blind with DYI platform.   I am shocked it made it through those winds.  But it’s about as sturdy a soft side you will find.  The frame is square tube metal and really permanent.  Cover can be removed/replaced if needed. 

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

We have way too many out to bring them.  They stay and are replaced as needed.   Usually hunt ladder stands but bought 2 of these to hunt with kids and hoped metal frame of blind would allow me to leave em out.  So far so good.  

When you buy quality, it's buy once, cry once. Those Redneck blinds are not cheap! But seeing this, it's obvious they are worth what you pay for them!  I'm looking to pick up one this summer!  

18 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cant wait to see your painting skills at work on the platform!  Hoping for camo in custom dragonfly pattern!

Bingo!!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Is that the redneck blind? With a custom platform? I will be building my own redneck soon hopefully. Did you cement the legs?

No need to cement legs.  Secured the legs by attaching to rebar driven in ground but even that was likely overkill.  It’s heavy and angled legs make it virtually tip proof. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

When you buy quality, it's buy once, cry once. Those Redneck blinds are not cheap! But seeing this, it's obvious they are worth what you pay for them!  I'm looking to pick up one this summer!  

Bingo!!!!

On sale for $399 shipped.  Worth every penny if you don’t plan on moving it.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Redneck 360 softsided blind with DYI platform.   I am shocked it made it through those winds.  But it’s about as sturdy a soft side you will find.  The frame is square tube metal and really permanent.  Cover can be removed/replaced if needed. 

I've heard of them, but for some reason they were under my radar. Clearly on my radar now!

Roughly what do you think your all in cost is? I’ve been thinking about turning my gun stand into an inclosed stand. Between the weather the last 2 years and now having a kid that wants to hunt it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Roughly what do you think your all in cost is? I’ve been thinking about turning my gun stand into an inclosed stand. Between the weather the last 2 years and now having a kid that wants to hunt it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around a grand for everything.  Maybe a little less.  Great idea for kids.