Gander Outdoors, Cicero

airedale

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

You might be disappointed, I have read the owner is very anti gun/ hunting.. guess it’s going to be more like a camping store.

Don't know where that info came from but if you actually click on the link and at the top of the page click on the shop by category in their shooting section they show to be selling  huge selections of firearms (both long and handguns) and accessories, archery also! They are also claiming to have a complete gunsmithing service. Whether all that they sell will be in stock or have to be ordered is another matter, but I will check it out and see.

Al

Edited by airedale

I live right near there and I stopped in on Sunday.  Nice store.  The layout is almost the same as what Mtn was, but now there is a big counter in the center of the store where the archery tech, and bicycle tech is.  They didnt seem to have any over priced casual wear as Mtn did, the clothing was much more activity specific.  Gun prices were not too bad, they seemed more inline with competitors, a very decent selection of AR15 parts, pet friendly store, and I read a statement that they are 2A friendly to patrons with carry permits.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, airedale said:

Don't know where that info came from but if you actually click on the link and at the top of the page click on the shop by category in their shooting section they show to be selling  huge selections of firearms (both long and handguns) and accessories, archery also! They are also claiming to have a complete gunsmithing service. Whether all that they sell will be in stock or have to be ordered is another matter, but I will check it out and see.

Al

The new owner Marcus lemon also owns camping world and has gotten himself in hot water with hunters over making anti hunting comments after trumps son posted pictures from a hunt. Basically said if you agree with trump don’t shop at my stores so a lot of hunters boycotted camping world and he felt the loss of profits and apologized. I had read they pulled all the mounted animals out and were concentrating on camping. But I am mistaken on that .. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Syracuse Gun Show today and it was packed wall to wall with folks, made it tough to look things over, with finally a nice day weather wise I knew people would be out in droves and they were. On the way back home stopped at the new Gander Outdoors in Cicero, overall I liked what I saw, nice merchandise, decent long gun selection, huge handgun selection and the prices were not bad from what I saw. A thumbs up, I will be going back.

Al