Bear sighting

Arcade Hunter

My son in law was in Elton Creek yesterday afternoon fly fishing and heard a ruckus and splashing....  He turns to see whats going on and a black bear had run from the woods on the side of the creek and crosses the creek and took off, running the whole way.  The bear crossed upstream about 100 feet from him.  Scared the crap out of him  lol

Just thought I would share that... I never saw a bear in NY.... PA, yes, but not in ny.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

My son in law was in Elton Creek yesterday afternoon fly fishing and heard a ruckus and splashing....  He turns to see whats going on and a black bear had run from the woods on the side of the creek and crosses the creek and took off, running the whole way.  The bear crossed upstream about 100 feet from him.  Scared the crap out of him  lol

Just thought I would share that... I never saw a bear in NY.... PA, yes, but not in ny.

Thats awesome! I love Elton Creek

• Like 1

In our area of 4-H, there has been bears around as long as I can remember. Back in the late 60s and early 70s, You'd catch sight of one every two or three years. They are much more common now days, as we have two or three bear sightings a year. Sometimes more. 

• 1 month later...

Over the years I have had, deer, rabbits, muskrats, beaver and an occasional idiot in the Salmon that insisted on wading chest deep swim on by, but never a black bear in New York.

Fly fishing in Alaska I've had bears near me and eagles as pesky as gull surround me....

Hard fly fishing when you have to look over your shoulder every other cast.....  

• Like 1