What would you grow

If you had 3 food plots on your property and was already  clover, what would be your top 2 choices? Say if plot size was over 150 x 150 each. Good amount  of sun each day perfect  PH and in the middle  of the woods. 

What would you choose  and why

• Like 1

I always follow clover with corn, because it uses the nitrogen that has been stored up in the soil by the clover to make a decent.  Purple top turnips would also utilize that nitrogen and would be be my second choice.  The turnips would be my first choice, if you have a lot of coons, which would destroy a corn plot of that size by the end of September.    

• Like 1

Are you talking about two new plots or flipping a couple clover plots over? If adding plots it seems you have spring and summer covered even though top seeding some chicory into clover wouldn't hurt and the deer by me like it over clover.  If adding plots oats because they are easy and brassicas in the other, brassicas can get mold, be eaten quickly and suck nutrients out of the ground and should only be planted a couple years in a row. A lot of people like radishes and turnips but I get too much snow for that. Winter Wheat can be top seeded if your brassicas if they are slow to grow as mine were last year. I had awesome luck with wheat and deer loved it, also great for soil.

58 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Good amount  of sun each day perfect  PH and in the middle  of the woods. 

What would you choose  and why

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-pests-deer/

Cannibas

QUOTE "Deer are nocturnal and are therefore most likely to come to your garden in the middle of the night when fewer humans are walking around. If they do stumble upon your marijuana plants, they will have a heyday, devouring your precious plants’ leaves buds, and entire seedlings."

"You will know of it the following morning when you see their hoof tracks and the horrendous damage these hungry animals have done to your plants."

Why is obvious :smoke: :taunt:

Sorry I was clear. Out of my 3 plots one is already  clover. Planted late last year. It's closest  to the house and on a slope over looking my pond. Easy maintenance  and I can't get my tractor  there to turn it over. My other 2 plots one was bassicas  with turnips  and radishes. Did OK but from August  to October  it grew about 12". Which isn't  bad. The plot was what Agway  called a "mix" which was probably  everything  that fell on the floor. That did pretty good for an August  planting. This year I have time, tractor  and some Implements. I want something that will grow to good height and the deer will munch during  the late season too. I need some ideas on what to grow and why. Next I'll ask again and grow something  else 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

150ftx150ft or yards? IF feet, I would plant a buffet blend(Annual clovers, Brassicas, Cereal grains, Winter peas) in both Early August. O rsplit this buffet blend in two, half the species in one, other half in the other. If yrds, I would plant one in a pure brassica blend, with half having bulbs. Then maybe overseed an annual clover or a perennial if you want a clover plot established for march april the following year..  or a soybean plot with a corn perimeter possibly.. Lots of choices to pick from if your plot is bigger..