keeping notes

Iluvracks1359

Does anyone here keep notes from season to season of things like when and where they make a harvest, weather and temps and times of harvests? Sightings, etc etc? As every year goes by I find myself becoming more and more involved in hunting and I was thinking keeping a notebook of all of these things could be a good way to become more successful.

I used to keep a notebook in the truck with permission notes and records of kills. I put that into a spreadsheet in the late 90's that I still keep up with today. Buck or doe, points, property, stand location and implement used.

It goes back to 1983 and has data for me, my wife, and our daughter. Every year when I update it, I'll print it out. Everyone including me seems to like perusing it and reminiscing.

We have a log book in which guys write their story of the days hunt. Main heading is Whistler in camp, weather, temp.  Been keeping it since 93.. going back and reading some of the stories are hysterical. Even days when all one person saw was a black squirrel who by the end of the season named it . And documented its adventures while he hunted that spot every time he saw it. Makes me smile and laugh of all the crazy things we've done over the years.

• Like 2