Dinsdale's Guide? Dude hauls wildebeast out solo!

Jdubs

I call BS on this video.  Yeah, it looks impressive hauling that big critter on his back like that, but he's probably only doing it to get a quick video to promote his safari business.  As soon as the cameras are turned off he leaves it to the black guys to haul it the rest of the way.  As is the usual!!

20 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

That link worked.

Yoh, sho<<<<South African for that be some mighty tough sob carrying that!

Don't know anything about African game or Kudu. But that critter he's carrying looks larger than the average whitetail buck. What do one of those Kudu weigh Dan?

Not only is that guy carrying that critter out. He's carrying it through the thorn brush too! 

Good guy to have around camp!!!

11 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i was waiting for the lion to jump out for the bloody critter but he was prob afraid of the dude carrying it!  damn! 

Or to have him kick a Mamba out of the way! 

That guy looks like he could stare down a Rhino! 

Tough sob.......

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grampy said:

But that critter he's carrying looks larger than the average whitetail buck. What do one of those Kudu weigh Dan?

Roughly 400-600lbs. About the same as an Elk. This could be Cape Kudu at maybe a bit less in general, but not much, 350-450 maybe. Thats live weight.

If that recent he's right at his peak weight for the year going into their rutting season (May) He'll lose condition as their winter/dry season is coming. Think more wet/dry than 4 seasons.....Hot and raining.....Dry and cool (near freezing in some places)

This is the biggest bodied male  Kudu I've shot and we used a winch to load him......just over 500lbs full weight. Most of time you don't gut in field and recover whole and this one was hung on scale. Peak weight right at beginning of May and the rut, good rains that year.

Does PA chest chart work for this?

uV23hn2.jpg

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What a great picture!  Congratulations on a beautiful animal my friend! Kudu has to be among the best looking animals in Africa! IMO.

Not to derail the thread.....but you gotta tell me about that beautiful rifle in the pic too!

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

What a great picture!  Congratulations on a beautiful animal my friend! Kudu has to be among the best looking animals in Africa! IMO.

Not to derail the thread.....but you gotta tell me about that beautiful rifle in the pic too!

First animal ever in Africa; guess you know why I got hooked huh?

Wood stock Blaser R93 in 300RUM and 180gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaws, Kahles 3-10 scope. That frame is still my favorite rifle, terrific trigger.

Frontal shot, bullet recovered under skin on the backside of ham. That barrel was a hell of a shooter. Sold it as it was always a powder burner and a lot of recoil for a relative light gun and using a 300WBY as a fast 30 cal now for the  Blaser rifles now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

Roughly 400-600lbs. About the same as an Elk. This could be Cape Kudu at maybe a bit less in general, but not much, 350-450 maybe. Thats live weight.

If that recent he's right at his peak weight for the year going into their rutting season (May) He'll lose condition as their winter/dry season is coming. Think more wet/dry than 4 seasons.....Hot and raining.....Dry and cool (near freezing in some places)

This is the biggest bodied male  Kudu I've shot and we used a winch to load him......just over 500lbs full weight. Most of time you don't gut in field and recover whole and this one was hung on scale. Peak weight right at beginning of May and the rut, good rains that year.

Does PA chest chart work for this?

uV23hn2.jpg

That's awesome!  Never even heard of the kudu before, those horns are crazy!  

The same professional hunter hauled out a blue wildebeest bull about 3 years ago as well , it works on flat land but where we hunt in the mountains its impossible and youhave to skin and quarter .

Kudu ( the grey ghost ) is truly a signature African trophy and they are usually on the top of the list for hunters .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryno botma said:

The same professional hunter hauled out a blue wildebeest bull about 3 years ago as well , it works on flat land but where we hunt in the mountains its impossible and youhave to skin and quarter .

Kudu ( the grey ghost ) is truly a signature African trophy and they are usually on the top of the list for hunters .

Post up some more bulls......not much to hunt here at the moment and winter is dragging on.

• Like 1