Outright Thievery

airedale

I do not understand how this is allowed to legally happen, a Chinese outfit producing counterfeit Leupold Vari 3 scopes right down to the same box design and slogan and blatantly selling them on ebay as a Leupold. The real deal can be purchased for around $450 and the cheap Chinese phoney for $179!:aggressive:

And this is not the only model they are counterfeiting and selling, Leupold must be fuming! 

2018-04-13_072156.png

2018-04-13_072355.png

People fuel this epidemic by buying from china even when they have the choice to purchase products made in the USA . I've seen some real horror stories of people having their ideas ripped off that they spent years on ,multiple mortgages to fund a tooling build and market it only to be ripped off as soon as it hits the market . Even worse are the companies that send prints to china for a quote on tooling and they just steal the design for themselves . Patents are only worth the money someone has to sit in court . 

• Like 2

Ebay has to shoulder some of the blame for this crap for allowing this to go on! They have plenty of complaints from their own customers feedback and I am sure they have heard from manufacturers yet they let these Chinese rip off artists to continue to sell their phoney repro junk with no penalty!

Al

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Bionic said:

All the big companies are faked like this,  you might be surprised,  i know I was.  

The zeiss for $77 is a dead giveaway but with some better or even fake photos and higher prices, I am sure the Chinese take some people

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The zeiss for $77 is a dead giveaway but with some better or even fake photos and higher prices, I am sure the Chinese take some people

If it works good and your not dumb enough to think you got the real deal  I say someone got a deal . In a way .

It is the accuracy of the gun and the  ammo that means more .

Rather buy more expensive gun then a more expensive scope.

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Oh, absolutely,  without a doubt.  I have a big interest in upgrading automotive lighting, and the company Philip's is faked by a TON of "companies".  Even Osram is....Osram sells a pair of high intensity discharge headlight bulbs for $185...well on ebay you can get a pair for uner $100...obviously fake.  I bought a 2" lowering suspension system for a vehicle once...I had to contact the REAL company to be sure where I was purchasing through, was indeed a legit authorized distributor.  It's crazy.  My girlfriend bought me a pair of fake Chinese under armour pants, and long sleeve shirt, for $27 total, you would be shocked to notice they are fake.  Logo, packaging, and all, its ridiculous.  They are just as warm, as my legit Under Armour.

12 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Oh, absolutely,  without a doubt.  I have a big interest in upgrading automotive lighting, and the company Philip's is faked by a TON of "companies".  Even Osram is....Osram sells a pair of high intensity discharge headlight bulbs for $185...well on ebay you can get a pair for uner $100...obviously fake.  I bought a 2" lowering suspension system for a vehicle once...I had to contact the REAL company to be sure where I was purchasing through, was indeed a legit authorized distributor.  It's crazy.  My girlfriend bought me a pair of fake Chinese under armour pants, and long sleeve shirt, for $27 total, you would be shocked to notice they are fake.  Logo, packaging, and all, its ridiculous.  They are just as warm, as my legit Under Armour.

The stuff could be coming from the same factory you go have something made over there the Chinese have this habit of making more of it and selling it on there own . Or open up a factory across the street and cloning your stuff . 

They can make it cheeper because it is  all government subsidized if it is for  export 

And they cut out the middle man of   Under Armour or Nike or whoever.

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

The stuff could be coming from the same factory you go have something made over there the Chinese have this habit of making more of it and selling it on there own . Or open up a factory across the street and cloning your stuff . 

They can make it cheeper because it is  all government subsidized if it is for  export 

Reminds me of Yeti,  and Ozark Trail.  I hear they are from the same factory....

15 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Storm

zeiss glass is not Chinese.  Want a cheap scope and to support piracy, buy away. Don’t think you are receiving the same scope but you can pretend.  I am not interested in rewarding thieves.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Storm

zeiss glass is not Chinese.  Want a cheap scope and to support piracy, buy away. Don’t think you are receiving the same scope but you can pretend.  I am not interested in rewarding thieves.  

I was generalizing btw no way to no that alot of companys sometimes  buy the parts over there and assemble it someplace else then you have company  that do both to  even make it more confusing for consumers to know for sure .

Edited by Storm914

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I was generalizing btw no way to no that alot of companys sometimes  buy the parts over there and assemble it someplace else . 

A reputable manufacturer will tell you where parts are purchased.  Then you will “know” Storm.   You just like to be controversial, to the point of contradicting yourself at times.   Enjoy your night and fight piracy of American products!   I am out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

A reputable manufacturer will tell you where parts are purchased.  Then you will “know” Storm.   You just like to be controversial, to the point of contradicting yourself at times.   Enjoy your night and fight piracy of American products!   I am out. 

Yea like vw  didn't get caught rigging pollution control systems on their cars or Facebook  selling your information lol you would be surprised what even a  big company will do to make dime.

But your right about one thing always good to support made in America products .

35 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

×2

Thank You!

• Like 1

Never use a cheap scope . My good friend was hunting with one of those savage axis combos and he blew a front leg off (I noticed they upgraded the scope in their package since this happened) . He walked back home and discovered it was shooting low ,he doesn't remember bumping it that would cause it to change . My jarhead brother always says to spend as much on glass as you do the rifle. 

That is my favorite hunting excuse the scope was off lol it was the cheep scope that made you miss lol

I love that one  unless you got a scope from 60 years ago You dont need a $400  scope  to get good reliability or accuracy out of a  scope  .

Technology has advanced.

But what ever .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

When you are paying $50K in taxes, you got to watch your pennies.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasco-3-9x40-Riflescope/47487533

On sale....$16.50

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

That is my favorite hunting excuse the scope was off lol it was the cheep scope that made you miss lol

I love that one  unless you got a scope from 60 years ago You dont need a $400  scope  to get good reliability or accuracy out of a  scope  .

Technology has advanced.

But what ever .

Should we argue about it for 17 pages so you have something to do this weekend ? 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Should we argue about it for 17 pages so you have something to do this weekend ? 

Nothing to argue about it is  like guys who  go out and get the newest  compound bow every year .

Any difference in most people'   hands is no difference unless you plan on shooting in the Olympics  .   There are  rednecks that will out shoot most anyone with a Wal-Mart scope and $400  rifle  in a hunting scenario.

If the thing is guaranteed to be fog proof shock  proof waterproof and hold a zeo that is  all you need to hunt with .

But its nice to buy expensive things for bragging rights we all do it .

Just saying it's not necessary. 

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Storm

I don't buy knock-off crap 

I research what ever I  want to buy  look at reviews and then make a decision.  I dont go for the cheapest thing out there but I don't go for the most expsive either at least when it comes to scopes . 

Edited by Storm914

In the ‘80s when I worked for a safe manufacturer, the Chinese were knocking off our patented models .

Its very hard to stop and costly to move through the court system even if you can figure out just who over there is doing it .

You might even win , but nothing will change .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad