Coyote den?

Chef

Found this on a 20

Ft slope leading down to the creek bed, what you can’t really see in the pick is the deer leg sticking up out of the hole and the flies buzzing around

46a18d07b3dd5bbe59f68b3c6c94dc46.jpg1654d9828cfce08bdc003bb5e39aa8db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the cams, drop one of those big smoke bombs down the hole and sit back.

I was thinking about that or just pouring a gallon or two of gas down there and lighting it up

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zag said:

Naw it's brush fire season, agway sells these smoke bombs, looks like a flair. Then find a way to eliminate the entrance. 

A farmer in Walwortrh was doing this at woodchuck holes . His brother , the property owner said when the farmer did this small trees shook in his yard a few hundred yards away . Varmint bombs would be safer but check for a 2nd hole . I would still go with the trail cam to find out what exactly is using the hole . 

Set trail cam. Don't kill the pups that's not very sportsman like. Anyone can kill a pup takes skill to kill them as adults.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks pal. This has nothing to do with being a sportsman. The den is 40 yards of my deck at camp I have 2 dogs and a 1 year old. I just want them gone

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SteveB said:

2017/2018 NYS coyote season = Oct 1 to March 25.

That would interfere with my deer hunting.., and besides.... it's awefully cold out after that.:rolleyes:

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

So I used the poison smoke gopher bombs from agway.. when I got to the mouth of the den I could see I whole deer front quarter sticking out, put the smoke bom in covered in last years law clippings and ran back, nothing came running out but I was ready if it did.... I’ll inspect tomorrow morning

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Do you realize this is an open public forum and the DEC and others are on here? 

Not to mention someone could report you if they knew you. 

Big bad hunters scared to death of a 30 pound dog. 

I'm looking forward to the posting of the pics and video.

As has been noted here in the past with trail cam pics, it's not too hard to pull a GPS location that's already embedded in the images. That den from the original post may already be on the radar. That would be cool as hell if one of our members became a famous coyote killer,lol!!

• Like 6

mother coyote or fox around a den site is a little different natured than your normal behavior.  My brother when he was i'm thinking around 10 or so had a fox come after him. never knew the den was nearby. as it was coming at him, he hit it with a stick, and then just ran back to the house. I get why you want whatever they are gone. I probably would've contacted DEC first being it's not the season and you're not say a farmer with whatever you're raising in danger.

Isn’t this a “camp”? 

Let me guess, the den that is next to the wet area sits uphill and up stream of your well. Great idea putting poison into the water system like that. I would be more concerned with that for my child than I would a den in back of a camp I didn’t live in full time but it’s your world.  

• Haha 1

Isn’t this a “camp”? 
Let me guess, the den that is next to the wet area sits uphill and up stream of your well. Great idea putting poison into the water system like that. I would be more concerned with that for my child than I would a den in back of a camp I didn’t live in full time but it’s your world.  

It is a camp and no the den is downhill and down stream from my well. I’m at this camp every weekend. All I did was throw a smoke bomb in a hole in the ground. If dec wants to dig up the hole to find out if I killed anything and charge me they are more then welcome.

• Like 1