Coyote den?

Chef

Probably a chupacabra. They are bad down here in Texas. What ever it was it was a varmint. When dealing with the varmint cong you got to do like Bill Murray in caddyshack, fall back on superior intelligence and firepower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4f404c78edc989035e0d153fb664af71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 10:42 AM, wooly said:

I'm looking forward to the posting of the pics and video.

As has been noted here in the past with trail cam pics, it's not too hard to pull a GPS location that's already embedded in the images. That den from the original post may already be on the radar. That would be cool as hell if one of our members became a famous coyote killer,lol!!

if your trail camera isn't equipped with gps/cell, you can't pull that data. ip trace and what not, very easy though. I'd be surprised if the dec had that kind of time and resources on their hands. 

49 minutes ago, grampy said:

SSSU !!!  If ya have to...... 

Every situation is not the same. 

What's works for me, may not for someone else. I respect that.

No one knows better, what's best for my property, than I do!

When a property gets over run with predators, you do what's best for all concerned. Other animals, included.

I've never killed them at a den sight. Behind the barn, yes. 

Flame on........

That's why I like sponge method.. I didn't make them eat them .. and people wonder why I never have a problem with them

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

if your trail camera isn't equipped with gps/cell, you can't pull that data. ip trace and what not, very easy though. I'd be surprised if the dec had that kind of time and resources on their hands. 

Well it’s a good thing Chef never posted a map to where his camp is on the internet for the DEC to find him easier. 

Right Chef? 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 8:35 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

There is zero difference between killing a coyote out of season and killing a deer out of season. Just because you deer hunt, doesn’t mean you get to make the rules. In the grand scheme of things, deer are much more of a nuisance to landowners than coyotes. So poisoning a yote is exactly the same as poisoning a deer. There’s gotta be a better way to solve this yote den issue.

i see where you're coming from. But i don't agree that there is ZERO difference. 

1. most states have open yote seasons all year long.

2. killing a yote anytime a year doesn't feed anyone. Killing a deer out of season may be going to feed a poor family.

3. It's my opinion that all animals aren't equal. Killing a deer because it's a pest to your shrubs is not the same as killing a yote because it's a threat to your kids or domestic animals (which includes those with chicken coops).

On 4/16/2018 at 11:16 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

I usually don't say too much and will just avoid this thread, but will have my say for a quick minute. 

Hunters are usually a good representative for wildlife.  A lot of this thread is nothing but fodder for the "antis" many of you deem ignorant.  I have seen so far here ...shoot them out of season....drown them.....burn them alive ...and poison them.  All illegal and also just immoral.  I am sure a lot of this is just tough guys talking, but still you do no favors to true hunters that respect wildlife.   

I can totally see the OP being concerned and have to do something, made sense to me.  But maybe we should suggest to call the DEC for help.  

I wonder where people get the idea that hunters are evil killers.... If a person on the fence read these things and felt that way I dunno if I would blame them.  

There is some great, responsible, ethical people on this forum, that I have learned a lot from and enjoyed conversations with.  Even good debates.  

But to advocate some of these things is reckless and frankly ignorance in representing yourselves and the hunting community.  I don't expect anyone to change their minds and I expect to get killed by them from this post. I would expect no less.  But realize that I can understand why people leave this site and not want to be associated with such things.  

I have enjoyed this site so much but things like this are def making it difficult for me to stay as I would rather not be associated with people that would act this way towards wildlife.  Would you burn out or drown or poison a field of deer?  

I am generally pretty thick skinned and also never want to see free speech corrupted.  But I would hope a group of hunters would have far more ethics than I have seen here.  It's disappointing.  

Think I am gonna take a break for a bit.  Hoping maybe a hunting season will bring some more decency about and some good posts on successful ethical hunters that are also on this site.  

you don't normally say much? lol.

yall are acting like he's killing a white rhino. Lest you forget this is an invasive animal. One that is ok to kill in February but unethical and immoral to kill in April? lol.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

I’m not afraid of a wild dog, you have two hunting dogs so worse case scenario turn em loose. Now I would be hesitant to let them run because you put poison out, it works on domesticated animals too I’m sure. 

And as noted above they will disperse from your presence alone. 

You sound like a damn yuppie afraid of an animal that you haven’t even seen to know what it was. 

We deal with Coyotes, Fox, Fisher etc on a daily basis and I have yet to be scared or have to kill any of them. And yes that is right around the house. 

He put in a very low concentration gas which dissipates within seconds and no ground den would be capable of containing any pocket of. he didn't dump liquid into the ground water or pellets. so stop. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, G-Man said:

That's why I like sponge method.. I didn't make them eat them .. and people wonder why I never have a problem with them

Another lawbreaker. Hey Greg good thing you didn’t just admit to breaking a law on an open forum that you provided a map to before. 

Oopppsss

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

He put in a very low concentration gas which dissipates within seconds and no ground den would be capable of containing any pocket of. he didn't dump liquid into the ground water or pellets. so stop. 

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t realize you were a judge for the DEC and decided which laws are ok to break. Now I understand. 

6 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Apparently there was enough of a threat in his eyes. Personally I wouldnt want the den there either, and Id do what I needed to, to make them leave and fill it back in. I wouldnt really give a rats patoot what anyone thought about it either. Its no different than a woodchuck digging holes in your yard, or squirrels damaging your house.

i've trapped all sort of critters from coons to opossums and shoot squirrels that mess up my bird feeder. so sue me.

whats the difference between coyotes and putting out poison for moles, mice etc. Where do we draw the line?

• Like 4

i see where you're coming from. But i don't agree that there is ZERO difference. 
1. most states have open yote seasons all year long.
2. killing a yote anytime a year doesn't feed anyone. Killing a deer out of season may be going to feed a poor family.
3. It's my opinion that all animals aren't equal. Killing a deer because it's a pest to your shrubs is not the same as killing a yote because it's a threat to your kids or domestic animals (which includes those with chicken coops).

CT opens deer season on 9/15. I’m under 20min away, so can I use their rules for deer in addition to coyotes? My point is, just follow the laws- it’s not that hard. He wasn’t attacked, so why go out of your way to kill an animal as opposed to deterring it off your properly?

• Like 2

i've trapped all sort of critters from coons to opossums and shoot squirrels that mess up my bird feeder. so sue me.

whats the difference between coyotes and putting out poison for moles, mice etc. Where do we draw the line?

The line is legal hunting season for me. Pretty simple to follow. Kill animals during their legal season only. If a species is year-round, have at it

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, greg54 said:

16 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Another lawbreaker. Hey Greg good thing you didn’t just admit to breaking a law on an open forum that you provided a map to before. 

Oopppsss

Funny

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think you are underestimating how smart coyotes are. Way smarter than deer. They don’t want to be around humans. You start making your presence known or leave some human clothes around that den and I bet you they are gone.

Like I said earlier, deer cause more damage $-wise. It’s happened to me, but I wouldn’t poach a deer over it. If you don’t want your yard and woods to be so close, put a fence up.

can't remember if you have kids. i can relate as i have a 1, 3 and 5 year old. putting some clothes out and then "assuming" they're gone is not the same as "knowing" they're gone. I bet many of you support the death penalty. Why? Because you're guaranteed that bastard will never rape a little girl ever again. No. Matter. What.

• Like 2

Let's say it was a bear den... Would you still say the same?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk