Coyote den?

Chef

Soft dirt what kind if tracks are in it?  I would say fox den. Which are harmless unless your a city dwelling snow flake. Lol. Have a resident fox here who I see occasionally. Pretty sure he got my cat. Can't be mad tho he's just doing what foxes do.on the bright side he also cleaned up all the strays to. Havent seen a cat it months. Now he's moved on to the. Neighbors  chickens lol.  He is safe tho. They are whiney libtards hippies and dont own a gun. Lol. It makes me happy to see him walk through my yard carrying a chicken. The fishers  love them to. Saw one dragging a chicken across the road last yr.

• Like 1

Soft dirt what kind if tracks are in it?  I would say fox den. Which are harmless unless your a city dwelling snow flake. Lol. Have a resident fox here who I see occasionally. Pretty sure he got my cat. Can't be mad tho he's just doing what foxes do.on the bright side he also cleaned up all the strays to. Havent seen a cat it months. Now he's moved on to the. Neighbors  chickens lol.  He is safe tho. They are whiney libtards hippies and dont own a gun. Lol. It makes me happy to see him walk through my yard carrying a chicken. The fishers  love them to. Saw one dragging a chicken across the road last yr.
Anything that eats cats is welcome at my house. Ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

That was actually one of the things that made me sure it was yotes..... I was able to see the tracks and they were large dog tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Zero. But when I was a kid I remember a family of Fox moved in under my parents shed. We would see like 6-8 of them at a time and the mom fox always stood there angry when i played basketball. My dad closed up the holes and the fox moved farther away.

My point is, why junk straight to killing animals that you haven’t even seen yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im actually still waiting to see the post where chef killed anything, or actually broke any law. Maybe I missed it, but all I could find is a post where he threw a gopher bomb down a hole where he found a deer leg.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Again I know it's been posted but what on Earth makes killing coyote out of season any different than killing deer out of season? 

i think too many of us are looking at this through a hunters eyes and not that of an average parent. To answer your questions, he was never trying to hunt the yotes. He wasn't planning on retrieving the bodies, skinning and selling the fur. This same act could have been carried out by a non-hunter and some may look at it completely different.

Typically when someone jacks a deer, they're after meat or horns. This was not what his intentions were. He was simply taking steps (we seem to all disagree if necessary or not) to reduce the risk of an encounter with his family and pets.

And that's the best way to look at it. Not as eliminating a threat or being scared. But simply reducing the likelihood of something bad happening. If there were a rabid deer behind your house, I'd have no issue if you went out back and shot it. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wooly said:

Rarrrrrrrrrr! 

I've come across my fair share of scary holes over the years, but none more terrifying than these.....

Anyone wanna guess what kind of hole the last one is,lol

in the spirit of fun. and because this is how the media spins us tales. I counter

• Haha 1

i think too many of us are looking at this through a hunters eyes and not that of an average parent. To answer your questions, he was never trying to hunt the yotes. He wasn't planning on retrieving the bodies, skinning and selling the fur. This same act could have been carried out by a non-hunter and some may look at it completely different.
Typically when someone jacks a deer, they're after meat or horns. This was not what his intentions were. He was simply taking steps (we seem to all disagree if necessary or not) to reduce the risk of an encounter with his family and pets.
And that's the best way to look at it. Not as eliminating a threat or being scared. But simply reducing the likelihood of something bad happening. If there were a rabid deer behind your house, I'd have no issue if you went out back and shot it. 
So in that if a deer from his camp is eating my garden I can shoot it to protect my food source as long as I leave it to rot.

I have 2 kids and understand the threat but Also know animals. If I remember right this camp is relatively new purchase. The animal would have left rather quickly if not imediatly. Leaving a coyote to rot is a (insert your own $-$+$-) move especially with possibility of pups being involved.

If it was really that big if a concern for him why post about it. Why not just carry on with your business like many do and not air it for the world to see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

So in that if a deer from his camp is eating my garden I can shoot it to protect my food source as long as I leave it to rot.

I have 2 kids and understand the threat but Also know animals. If I remember right this camp is relatively new purchase. The animal would have left rather quickly if not imediatly. Leaving a coyote to rot is a (insert your own $-$+$-) move especially with possibility of pups being involved.

If it was really that big if a concern for him why post about it. Why not just carry on with your business like many do and not air it for the world to see.

you think protecting your garden is the same as protecting your kids?

• Like 1

This may be off topic and a little long winded but I have a little but have a story. I took my family camping and one of these local retired police officer had a trailer on the camp grounds. He was trapping skunks and throwing the traps in the pond so they would drown. The dummy was telling everyone he was doing it and to my knowledge just the owner asked him not to do that anymore. My point is everyone wanted to blow him in but nobody followed through including myself. I was working in a sub development and seen a guy shooting a B.B. gun at geese cause they were shitting on his lawn. I DID call the DEC on that cause it pissed me off I hunt waterfowl and I give back to hunt Waterfowl.  I think people care about the game they pursue and animals we think could be a nuisance go by the way side.. 

• Like 1

Well if your dog is no bigger than a rabbit ANY predator and probably a few grass eaters will try to snatch it up. Hawks, eagles, owls, coyotes, bears, raccoons, squirrels, field mice.... the list goes on and on. You can't take your eyes off those little guys!

As for the little boy in the video, I'll bet his sister beat him up and he's just to embarrassed to admit it! She seemed a little too quick to blame the coyote in all this simply based on a rumor she heard going around town,lol 

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

in the spirit of fun. and because this is how the media spins us tales. I counter

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Obviously not but I also don't consider coyotes a threat.

ultimately that seems to be the biggest contention in this thread. I for one don't view it as my place to decide what another man views as a threat so long as it has no bearing on me and my family. The other small percentage who seem to take issue are those who never took a puff of green, waited till midnight of their 21st birthday to try alcohol and never break the speed limit.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

My dog ate a block of rat poison a week or two ago, he pooped green a couple of times but that was it.

Parents dog did the same but 2 of those big boxes of pellets. He made it through okay but needed a blood transfusion. Must have been close to 1.5lbs. of it.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

ultimately that seems to be the biggest contention in this thread. I for one don't view it as my place to decide what another man views as a threat so long as it has no bearing on me and my family. The other small percentage who seem to take issue are those who never took a puff of green, waited till midnight of their 21st birthday to try alcohol and never break the speed limit.
I get it but to me his actions could have stopped me from trapping or hunting these coyotes come winter for their fur so it does have bearing on me. We fur harvesters do it bc we love it and population control not for the money so him killing what could be 3-5 + coyotes could stop me from pursuing what I love to do. Just like me killing a monster buck over my garden could stop my neighbor from hunting his trophy . Like I said I get why but what I don't get is why advertise it if you were gonna do it either way why not just do it and be done. If I thought something was threatening me or my family the last thing I would do is ask others opinions on it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wooly said:

Well if your dog is no bigger than a rabbit ANY predator and probably a few grass eaters will try to snatch it up. Hawks, eagles, owls, coyotes, bears, raccoons, squirrels, field mice.... the list goes on and on. You can't take your eyes off those little guys!

As for the little boy in the video, I'll bet his sister beat him up and he's just to embarrassed to admit it! She seemed a little too quick to blame the coyote in all this simply based on a rumor she heard going around town,lol 

I have a little dog and worry a little bit about hawks stealing her, theres always one or two cruising around. An encon officer I know told me a coyote killed a bull mastiff on LI a few years back, anyone know anything about that? He said I dont care what kind of dog you have theyre no match for a wild animal

Still waiting for some Trail Cam pictures placed facing the hole . Then again , if the OP dropped a gopher bomb in the hole maybe nothing survived .

I bet a lot of the ethical self righteous posters on this thread would take out the yote if if was 40 yards from their cabin . 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have a little dog and worry a little bit about hawks stealing her, theres always one or two cruising around. An encon officer I know told me a coyote killed a bull mastiff on LI a few years back, anyone know anything about that? He said I dont care what kind of dog you have theyre no match for a wild animal

Tell that to AIREDALE, Tacks....Hehehe...  

No offense, but I think your fish cop buddy is FOS...

There are LOTS of medium sized and large dogs that would make short work of any coyote... That is not saying that the 'yote might not get lucky and kill a large dog, but thatwould be the exception rather than the rule...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

This may be off topic and a little long winded but I have a little but have a story. I took my family camping and one of these local retired police officer had a trailer on the camp grounds. He was trapping skunks and throwing the traps in the pond so they would drown. The dummy was telling everyone he was doing it and to my knowledge just the owner asked him not to do that anymore. My point is everyone wanted to blow him in but nobody followed through including myself. I was working in a sub development and seen a guy shooting a B.B. gun at geese cause they were shitting on his lawn. I DID call the DEC on that cause it pissed me off I hunt waterfowl and I give back to hunt Waterfowl.  I think people care about the game they pursue and animals we think could be a nuisance go by the way side.. 

Skunks are considered unprotected I believe so no laws apply to how and when they are killed. Similar to porcupine and wood chucks. 

Doesnt make it ok just makes it legal.