Coyote den?

Chef

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

i disagree. I think we are very much discussion morality. There's only 2 or 3 that are really hung up on the legality. 

That’s only because you don’t want to admit you are wrong. Lol 

Gotta go, I saw an Eagle and I know they eat things so I’m gonna go blast it. 

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

That’s only because you don’t want to admit you are wrong. Lol 

Gotta go, I saw an Eagle and I know they eat things so I’m gonna go blast it. 

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

*discussing

Me, myself and I didn't DO anything. And now you're just being petty. This is typically how my discussions with my anti-gun friends go. back and forth very civil until they just turn into a 3rd grader. 

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

Me, myself and I didn't DO anything. And now you're just being petty. This is typically how my discussions with my anti-gun friends go. back and forth very civil until they just turn into a 3rd grader. 

So the spelling police don’t like being busted I see. Hahaha

loosen up. Just messing with you. I think this thread had ran its course two days ago. 

Im actually still waiting to see the post where chef killed anything, or actually broke any law. Maybe I missed it, but all I could find is a post where he threw a gopher bomb down a hole where he found a deer leg.
He posted online that his intentions were to kill coyotes, which he verified that he knew were coyotes, by poison, out of season. He then proceeded to attempt to kill said coyotes with a poison smoke bomb. He even made the remarks that he will gladly pay the fines associated with his actions all the more admitting guilt. I think you should look into the wildlife laws a bit more. You don't need to kill anything to be charged. Ever hear of "illegal take"? It essentially involves every aspect of the "hunt" the methods used, the pursuit, etc and is not hinged even slightly on whether you killed anything. He knew exactly what he was doing, what he was attempting to accomplish and came here, to this site, for strangers blessings to carry on with his poaching, which, sadly is endorsed by you and many others...
Why is it so hard for you guys just to admit he was attempting to poach? Because you don't like the title? Because you fear the label? Because if you justify it in your own head it makes it ok?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisw said:

He posted online that his intentions were to kill coyotes, which he verified that he knew were coyotes, by poison, out of season. He then proceeded to attempt to kill said coyotes with a poison smoke bomb. He even made the remarks that he will gladly pay the fines associated with his actions all the more admitting guilt. I think you should look into the wildlife laws a bit more. You don't need to kill anything to be charged. Ever hear of "illegal take"? It essentially involves every aspect of the "hunt" the methods used, the pursuit, etc and is not hinged even slightly on whether you killed anything. He knew exactly what he was doing, what he was attempting to accomplish and came here, to this site, for strangers blessings to carry on with his poaching, which, sadly is endorsed by you and many others...
Why is it so hard for you guys just to admit he was attempting to poach? Because you don't like the title? Because you fear the label? Because if you justify it in your own head it makes it ok?

He said tossed the smoke bomb down there, theres nothing that said he killed anything. I suggest you study up on how the law works, because without any proof of anything, the DEC can do nothing more than look into it. They cant charge anyone with anything for making a comment on the internet and posting a picture of a hole in the ground.

BTW, you do know what happens when you make ASSumptions about people, right?

• Like 1

He said tossed the smoke bomb down there, theres nothing that said he killed anything. I suggest you study up on how the law works, because without any proof of anything, the DEC can do nothing more than look into it. They cant charge anyone with anything for making a comment on the internet and posting a picture of a hole in the ground.
BTW, you do know what happens when you make ASSumptions about people, right?
You can't be charged for comments made on the internet huh? You're wrong. Maybe read slower, you don't need to kill anything to be charged. But I assume you'll stick your head in the sand some more because God forbid you admit what he did was illegal. If I shoot at a deer in the summer but miss it, I can't be charged? Because I didn't kill anything? Playing stupid after the fact won't help you.

• Like 1

I thought this thread had run its course two days ago*
I think this thread has run its course*
You are right. I told myself I wouldn't get sucked back in but the double standards really piss me off. You can poach this, but not that because I like that. You can kill things out of season if you have a reason. You can light coyote pups on fire if you think they're overpopulated. Let's all be afraid of nature and kill anything that comes near us. Let's have a site where poaching is encouraged by many members and a few moderators. There are some awesome people on this site, then there are some real #$&@bags. Carry on, I'm done with this topic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

You are right. I told myself I wouldn't get sucked back in but the double standards really piss me off. You can poach this, but not that because I like that. You can kill things out of season if you have a reason. You can light coyote pups on fire if you think they're overpopulated. Let's all be afraid of nature and kill anything that comes near us. Let's have a site where poaching is encouraged by many members and a few moderators. There are some awesome people on this site, then there are some real #$&@bags. Carry on, I'm done with this topic.

I agree, people pick and choose legality based upon different species. Illegal is illegal anyway you spin it. Ive been hunting for 30 plus years and my dad for close to 60 years and we have never been remotely threatened by yotes..i have 4 young children and have/ had dogs and have never felt threatened by yotes even though i can hear them yipping all night behind my cabin. You have a better chance of getting hit by a bus then you, your children or your pets getting attacked by coyote pups. Sorry, i just cant see doing that to those pups. In season and within game laws i agree that all game needs some sort of mgt., but this paranoia is just ridiculous. The chance of attack can happen, but its not the norm.  Just keep your kids and pets away from the den and you can all coexist. 

• Like 3

Jumping back in to this thread because my conscience is really bothering me. I've been hiding this for quite some time and after reading all of this, I think it's finally time to relieve myself of this burden and get this off my chest.

It's very hard for me to admit this, but here goes;

So last winter I was ice fishing on Irondequoit Bay up in Rochester (my old stomping grounds). I had a few tip-ups set for northerns, and was in my clam jigging for perch. Had a good day for the perch, and caught one 35" northern. All seemed well, but when I got home I realized to my horror what I had done. I had miscounted my perch and discovered I had 51 in my bucket -51! I was starting to feel the heat rising up my neck as the shame set in. I came to the awful realization that I was now a poacher as there was no way else I could be considered anything but. It was true, I poached that 51st perch. I could have recounted and stopped at 50, but I didn't. I completely disregarded the game laws and said screw it. I shamefully yanked that defenseless and innocent perch through the hole and threw it in my bucket. I didn't even show it any mercy by killing it, I just let it gasp it's final breath in the bucket as I casually and selfishly thought of only myself and my dinner that night.

Now, before anyone posts a aerial photo of my house, I'll do it myself. Once I realized I was nothing more than a lowlife poacher of perches, I called the DEC on myself. They actually blew it off! Told me thanks, but don't worry about it. I just couldn't live with that outcome as I was now only a lousy poacher with no other obvious redeeming qualities. I won't be moving in until tomorrow night, but here's my new place. Let me know if I should add GPS coordinates.

There, I feel better. 

Attica.PNG

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, chrisw said:

You can't be charged for comments made on the internet huh? You're wrong. Maybe read slower, you don't need to kill anything to be charged. But I assume you'll stick your head in the sand some more because God forbid you admit what he did was illegal. If I shoot at a deer in the summer but miss it, I can't be charged? Because I didn't kill anything? Playing stupid after the fact won't help you.

Sure you can be charged, if they saw you do it. Proof is the key. Theres nothing to say the guy hasnt been trolling you guys the whole time. If theres no evidence that he did anything other than throw a smoke bomb down a hole and made a few comments on the interwebs, they cant convict him of anything.

God forbid you stop making ASSumptions

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Nowhere in this thread did I ever encourage anyone to poach. More of your ASSumptions.

9 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So Chris, where did you catch this trout? Season didn’t open yet and it’s illegal to take pics of fish you catch out of season in NY. After all of your assumptions, rants and accusations, I sure hope You weren’t picture poaching this fish. 

68BFB8BE-A2CF-4863-B80D-B8D6C9C8F3FC.jpeg

Ill ASSume youre joking

• Like 1

So Chris, where did you catch this trout? Season didn’t open yet and it’s illegal to take pics of fish you catch out of season in NY. After all of your assumptions, rants and accusations, I sure hope You weren’t picture poaching this fish. 
68BFB8BE-A2CF-4863-B80D-B8D6C9C8F3FC.thumb.jpeg.86bfa1685fd126defe0e505b15d026cc.jpeg
Well, since you're trying to research my illegal activities to propogate your own shortcomings... That steelhead trout (rainbow trout) was caught in the Salmon River in Altmar, NY where the trout season is open year round for trout species and the legal creel limit is 1 steelhead over 21". A minor bit of research would've helped you not make a fool of yourself once again.

13 hours ago, chrisw said:

Well, since you're trying to research my illegal activities to propogate your own shortcomings... That steelhead trout (rainbow trout) was caught in the Salmon River in Altmar, NY where the trout season is open year round for trout species and the legal creel limit is 1 steelhead over 21". A minor bit of research would've helped you not make a fool of yourself once again.

I asked A question, that’s all. You didn’t say where you caught it, so how would any research on my part clear anything up? I know where they are legal all year round. Once again though, you are assuming that I have Or would kill something out of season. Something that makes you look like a fool there skippy. Seriously, you sound like an asshat.

19 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

This weekend the temperature should be in the 50's...............................and sunny.

This thread could die a slow smoky death. :)

No Sir!We cannot burn anything until May that is local law.I guess I should have worded diferently no outside burning/campfires leaf and brush burning until May.

Edited by Dom
  • Haha 1