Coyote den?

Chef

26 minutes ago, hugedogleg said:

Good Lord y'all sure do have a lot of rules up there. Guess I would stay in trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's our communist Governor. Can we send him to you? We would even include money.

Do what you will with him.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, hugedogleg said:

Like they say here in Texas. El Paso.

i loved living in Mississippi. unfortunately none of my extended family was there. home is where the heart is and unfortunately that's upstate ny and our communist dictatorship. 

• Like 1

i loved living in Mississippi. unfortunately none of my extended family was there. home is where the heart is and unfortunately that's upstate ny and our communist dictatorship. 
Yeah I did some drilling in North central PA and took a few sight seeing trips through upstate NY. It was some pretty country and met a lot of good people. Niagara falls is the coolest thing I have ever seen as far as nature. Awesome power right there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah....., but you shoulda seen the other guy,lol! :blackeye:

There are isolated incidences of just about every animal attacking humans and their furry friends somewhere out there. 

You can't base a general overview of a critters behavior solely on an over dramatized FB post that is most likely lacking in some of the finer details that may have provoked or initiated  the attack in the first place. Precautions should always be taken around ANY wild animal, but too many guys just go over the top and let their fear and imaginations get in the way of logical thinking when it comes to some species.

Edited by wooly
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, wooly said:

There are isolated incidences of just about every animal attacking humans and their furry friends somewhere out there. 

You can't base a general overview of a critters behavior solely on an over dramatized FB post that is most likely lacking in some of the finer details that may have provoked or initiated  the attack in the first place. Precautions should always be taken around ANY wild animal, but too many guys just go over the top and let their fear and imaginations get in the way of logical thinking when it comes to some species.

I agree that they're isolated. I agree that we can't let fear run our lives. But I also understand why a father and pet owner would take the actions that he did and I wont be throwing stones at him. That is all.

20 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Belo dropping a papist like post, lol

Everything on Facebook and the internet is always true. 

read all the comments. Seems to be verified. Doesn't contrast with any of the videos i've posted.

Edited by Belo

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

I agree that they're isolated. I agree that we can't let fear run our lives. But I also understand why a father and pet owner would take the actions that he did and I wont be throwing stones at him. That is all.

read all the comments. Seems to be verified. Doesn't contrast with any of the videos i've posted.

Well belpist  turns out the guy is from South Dakota and didn’t see the attack soooooo

Hey what other animals live in South Dakots that might have attacked? 

51 minutes ago, wooly said:

Exactly! This idea of using isolated incidences like these to wage a full scale war on predators does not speak well for so called sportsmen. For those that tout themselves as sportsmen who care about wildlife conservation this kind of thinking only reinforces my opinion that you are not!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Well belpist  turns out the guy is from South Dakota and didn’t see the attack soooooo

so if he shot a mountain lion out of season for the same reason would you be ok with it?

3 minutes ago, nyantler said:

Exactly! This idea of using isolated incidences like these to wage a full scale war on predators does not speak well for so called sportsmen. For those that tout themselves as sportsmen who care about wildlife conservation this kind of thinking only reinforces my opinion that you are not!

taking care of a den that is close to your backyard is hardly full scale war. One might even say a guy who hunted day and night legally all yote season long would be doing more damage. 

so if he shot a mountain lion out of season for the same reason would you be ok with it?

taking care of a den that is close to your backyard is hardly full scale war. One might even say a guy who hunted day and night legally all yote season long would be doing more damage. 

I wasn't speaking to the den... I am speaking to the attitude of many on here towards predators in general.. and stand by what I said... and if you don't like mountain lions, don't live in mountain lion country.

You pick the strangest things to try and argue...

lets play the if game you love, IF it was attacking a pet or person or livestock in NY it would be legal to shoot. I don’t know the laws in the Dakotas but I am willing to bet you can shoot a critter that is trying to eat you. 

I wonder if chef has gone back to camp yet or is he still laying low waiting for Dec to stop looking for him.

4 minutes ago, nyantler said:

I wasn't speaking to the den... I am speaking to the attitude of many on here towards predators in general.. and stand by what I said... and if you don't like mountain lions, don't live in mountain lion country.

i don't like democrats... yet here i am :) 

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

You pick the strangest things to try and argue...

lets play the if game you love, IF it was attacking a pet or person or livestock in NY it would be legal to shoot. I don’t know the laws in the Dakotas but I am willing to bet you can shoot a critter that is trying to eat you. 

I wonder if chef has gone back to camp yet or is he still laying low waiting for Dec to stop looking for him.

why is that strange? I make a good living in risk management. I don't wait till someone is hurt to fix a hazard. I prevent the hazard from hurting someone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Okay.. the "Belpist" thing is funny!!! :rofl: Belo.. you gotta admit that was funny!

i don't like democrats... yet here i am :) 

why is that strange? I make a good living in risk management. I don't wait till someone is hurt to fix a hazard. I prevent the hazard from hurting someone.

There ya go... you made a decision to live with democrats without shooting them on sight. We should give predators the same respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nyantler said:

Over the past 30 years or so my area has seen a barrage of new houses go up and many large acreage properties cut up into small saleable building lots. Most of our new  neighbors have migrated here from the suburban areas around the metro area. With this increase of human traffic and occupancy will come more conflict between humans and wild critters no doubt as they continue to infringe on local wildlife habitat. For those who are contemplating moving out to the country from their castles in the city, but fear for their families safety living amongst the native wild residents..., stay right where you are so those of us who have learned to co-exist with these creatures can continue to enjoy them as we have for so long before you ever even arrived on the scene here. Please don't move to the country just to disrupt our lifestyle with your city boy concerns and F'ed up ways of dealing with them. Thanks! :beee:

• Like 2