Coyote den?

Chef

Found this today on the back 40. A good 20 minute hike from my parents. They don’t have kids anymore, but do have a wiener dog. So... I dumped a gallon of gas down there and lit it up. Then a 55 gallon drum of water to drown them if the fire didn’t work. I followed this up with a gopher bomb and then some leftover anthrax I had just to be sure. Finally I rented a bobcat and filled it in.

In the end I feel safer now.
9252c2122e98de445b2c7b04b3d03bc5.jpg8932d56f0fb554fabf026f7de7f66e9e.jpgf462cd62aafe8e146c4c7b273d905960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

Found this today on the back 40. A good 20 minute hike from my parents. They don’t have kids anymore, but do have a wiener dog. So... I dumped a gallon of gas down there and lit it up. Then a 55 gallon drum of water to drown them if the fire didn’t work. I followed this up with a gopher bomb and then some leftover anthrax I had just to be sure. Finally I rented a bobcat and filled it in.

In the end I feel safer now.
9252c2122e98de445b2c7b04b3d03bc5.jpg8932d56f0fb554fabf026f7de7f66e9e.jpgf462cd62aafe8e146c4c7b273d905960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you drinking or smoking now ?

So seeing as the thread is fired up again, I see one of the high and mighty posters in it took some illegal out of season bass pictures and posted them in the live from the water thread yesterday. Im sure its ok with him though, its just a minor law, so no big deal if he breaks it.

Capture.JPG

Come down to Texas go go hog hunting with us sometime and I'll show that old yeller wasn't that far fetched. Cur dogs got some serious grit. The worse it gets the better they like it.

Old Yeller was a fictional dog in a book. Now we are comparing make believe with reality? Good gravy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, hugedogleg said:

Come down to Texas go go hog hunting with us sometime and I'll show that old yeller wasn't that far fetched. Cur dogs got some serious grit. The worse it gets the better they like it.

Oh I know they do, my sons mom has family down there that hog hunts with Curs and Pits. They tried to get me down there to join them a few times, but it just never worked out. They do the knife hunting thing, seems like it would be alot of fun. Maybe one day Ill actually get to do it.

Im not saying some of the things in the book are far fetched, Im saying that comparing what the fictional dog Old Yeller did to the fictional wolf in the book to things that have really happened is silly.

Oh I know they do, my sons mom has family down there that hog hunts with Curs and Pits. They tried to get me down there to join them a few times, but it just never worked out. They do the knife hunting thing, seems like it would be alot of fun. Maybe one day Ill actually get to do it.
Im not saying some of the things in the book are far fetched, Im saying that comparing what the fictional dog Old Yeller did to the fictional wolf in the book to things that have really happened is silly.
I seen my old male Luck stretch out a yote by himself. I have seen his daughter Nug and two males that belong to a buddy stretch one out. If I had purse dogs I'd be concerned.

32 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So seeing as the thread is fired up again, I see one of the high and mighty posters in it took some illegal out of season bass pictures and posted them in the live from the water thread yesterday. Im sure its ok with him though, its just a minor law, so no big deal if he breaks it.

Capture.JPG

sort of off topic, but my dads up in the daks right now fishing for trout and landed a few bass, despite using spoons aimed at trout. I mean... that whole reg is odd. Can't fish for them even if released immediately, but then says if you do catch them, unhook and release immediately. 

i do agree that taking a pic like one of our resident saints (chris) did would be in violation. But still a funny way to word that reg.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hugedogleg said:

I seen my old male Luck stretch out a yote by himself. I have seen his daughter Nug and two males that belong to a buddy stretch one out. If I had purse dogs I'd be concerned.

Ive seen what they do to dogs that arent trained to hunt. Theres a couple that live next to one of the farms I hunt, theyve spent thousands of dollars in vet bills a few times to patch up their yellow lab, which has been attacked in their back yard a few times. You also have to remember, yotes in Texas are pretty small compared to the ones we have up here. Ill see if I can dig up some trail cam pics from my bait piles.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

sort of off topic, but my dads up in the daks right now fishing for trout and landed a few bass, despite using spoons aimed at trout. I mean... that whole reg is odd. Can't fish for them even if released immediately, but then says if you do catch them, unhook and release immediately. 

i do agree that taking a pic like one of our resident saints (chris) did would be in violation. But still a funny way to word that reg.

It is worded funny, but their point is that you arent allowed to use species specific tactics, etc outside of season, but if you do happen to catch one, it is to be released immediately and not handled for any other purpose (including pictures).

Now I also do realize that most DEC officers are not going to actually ticket someone for taking pictures and posting them (unless they use it to tack extra charges on a poaching case or something like that), but it is illegal none the less.

Oh yeah I have heard some stories all unconfirmed but probably have some merit. One guy was telling me that female yotes will lure a male dog out in the brush into an ambush. Said he saw a pitbull that got neutered by a pack of yotes. Like I say can't confirm it. I know they are all over my place and I've never had a problem.

Ive seen what they do to dogs that arent trained to hunt. Theres a couple that live next to one of the farms I hunt, theyve spent thousands of dollars in vet bills a few times to patch up their yellow lab, which has been attacked in their back yard a few times. You also have to remember, yotes in Texas are pretty small compared to the ones we have up here. Ill see if I can dig up some trail cam pics from my bait piles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It is worded funny, but their point is that you arent allowed to use species specific tactics, etc outside of season, but if you do happen to catch one, it is to be released immediately and not handled for any other purpose (including pictures).

Now I also do realize that most DEC officers are not going to actually ticket someone for taking pictures and posting them (unless they use it to tack extra charges on a poaching case or something like that), but it is illegal none the less.

yeah i get it. no doubt he was wrong... i guess it would be pretty hard to nail someone on fishing tactics though lol.

• Like 1

Fishing for black bass in NY is legal now. It's artificial lures only - catch and release. From December 1st, to the Friday preceding the 3rd Saturday in June. They changed the regs regarding this a few years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Fishing for black bass in NY is legal now. It's artificial lures only - catch and release. From December 1st, to the Friday preceding the 3rd Saturday in June. They changed the regs regarding this a few years ago. 

Which means releasing immediately by DEC definition. They even go so far as to recommend removing the hook with the fish still in the water. You cant keep or posses them. Thats how it was explained to me when they implemented the law a few years back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Wait, Old Yeller wasn't real? 

How about Underdog? Could he handle a coyote?

image.png.876483a994224cc9b38cce9042d42a09.png

• Haha 2