Coyote den?

Chef

Was she? Because a short while ago you thought I was wrong, without even knowing any of the details, you were saying I was guilty of something without even knowing which fish we were talking about or whether or not it was in season!?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes she was. I never said you were wrong I was questioning it. I’m not a big fisherman, was simply responding to what was posted and my interpretation.

If you’re so confident however, why not take me up on the suggestion to email the DEC for interpretation. That’s how we settled grows illegalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, chrisw said:

Any rebuttal now WNY? Like I said I'm quite astute in the laws, I'm not picking a fight with you like you seem to be with me. If you want to hold a grudge and look at everything I do with a magnifying glass then go right ahead. You were wrong twice now, let it go.

You can not catch and release all species. It is illegal to target a species outside of their legal season unless otherwise stated legal to catch and release. That is not up for discussion or interpretation it is cut and dry in the regs. 

18 hours ago, Belo said:

I believe that's assuming you're catching a fish in which is legal and in season. I don't believe they would apply those rules to a fish that you are not supposed to be catching, which is what wny posted about... because obviously it's not like hunting and you still may hook one.

if it's really a big deal, someone can email the dec. We had this fun with grow and her crossbow/bow combo in her deer blind. 

You are correct, you can not legally target a species outside of their season unless stated otherwise in the regs.

If you want I suggest you go out April 1st targeting walleye or go out the last week in march targeting trout in streams that are not year long and see how that works out for you. You will be ticketed the instant they see you fishing for them. I have friends that have been ticketed for it "looking like" they were targeting walleye but fishing for Browns in the lake. 

Edited by chas0218

18 hours ago, chrisw said:

The fish posted was/is in season... Do you own a fishing regulations guide?? He was trying to make something to slam me for because he got butthurt 193 pages ago when he tried calling me out for trout fishing out of season, he was wrong then, he's wrong now. It would be nice to know why he's still actively stalking me, much like you did to Grow.

See, this is where you are 110% wrong. I did Not call you out, I asked Where you caught the fish, and you were the one to make it into me accusing you of something. I wasnt. Your comprehension is lacking. 

As far as the stalking comments go, as soon as you started your high and mighty attitude in this thread, you put a target on your back. I’m not stalking you at all, I posted Something and you posted something in the same thread, which I noticed And it raised my eyebrow. I have This thing called a memory, that’s all. 

21 hours ago, ADK Tank said:

I don't have a dog in this hunt either but here is what it states from the DEC website:

Catch and release means catching and immediately releasing the caught fish without harm. Measuring, weighing and photographing of the fish are permitted as long as the fish is not removed from the water for an extended period or handled in a manner that could cause it harm. Fish may not be placed in a bucket, tub, livewell, on a string or any other holding device. Catch and release angling is only permitted during the open season for a particular fish species. Catch and release angling during the closed season, or for endangered or threatened fish species is prohibited.

Here is the link to the DEC site and then click on "Fishing Definitions"

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7917.htm

That’s a different definition of catch and release than what I found When I searched It the other day, but ok. If that’s what’s in the refs at this point, then what I referred To was incorrect. 

To keep this going with more only semi-relevant material, a friend in Ulster County found an odd-acting raccoon in his kid's goat pen. He didn't want to shoot it and spread blood everywhere so he managed to bag and drown it. But as he wanted to be sure about possible diseases he sent it off to the local health dept. Positive for rabies. 

Since he had his hands in the water and the raccoon's saliva was in the water, he's off for the 17 or so rabies shots. Really surprised they haven't condensed this down to a couple of shots.  

Coyote vs cur dog vs wolf vs talking tuna vs rabid raccoon.

Who wins?

25 minutes ago, left field said:

To keep this going with more only semi-relevant material, a friend in Ulster County found an odd-acting raccoon in his kid's goat pen. He didn't want to shoot it and spread blood everywhere so he managed to bag and drown it. But as he wanted to be sure about possible diseases he sent it off to the local health dept. Positive for rabies. 

Since he had his hands in the water and the raccoon's saliva was in the water, he's off for the 17 or so rabies shots. Really surprised they haven't condensed this down to a couple of shots.  

Who wins?

Godzilla

45 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

You can not catch and release all species. It is illegal to target a species outside of their legal season unless otherwise stated legal to catch and release. That is not up for discussion or interpretation it is cut and dry in the regs. 

You are correct, you can not legally target a species outside of their season unless stated otherwise in the regs.

If you want I suggest you go out April 1st targeting walleye or go out the last week in march targeting trout in streams that are not year long and see how that works out for you. You will be ticketed the instant they see you fishing for them. I have friends that have been ticketed for it "looking like" they were targeting walleye but fishing for Browns in the lake. 

nothing to do with Belo.  not trout or walleye.  you meant to say musky.

Nobody implied or was saying you can catch and release all species? Not sure where you're going with that? The species was bass, which you can now.

See, this is where you are 110% wrong. I did Not call you out, I asked Where you caught the fish, and you were the one to make it into me accusing you of something. I wasnt. Your comprehension is lacking. 
As far as the stalking comments go, as soon as you started your high and mighty attitude in this thread, you put a target on your back. I’m not stalking you at all, I posted Something and you posted something in the same thread, which I noticed And it raised my eyebrow. I have This thing called a memory, that’s all. 
Don't be ridiculous, So I let the first time slide, now again for the same thing and it's just a coincidence? You now posted a picture of my post as "proof" of my illegal activity and you were wrong again but still can't admit to me you were mistaken and called me out unjustly... So at the beginning of this post my opinion differed from yours (we won't mention how many other people saw it the same as I did but I bet they don't have a "target" on their back) and that makes me the bad guy? How dare I disagree with WNY!? I forgot you're a forum moderator who puts "targets" on people's backs for disagreement. How about you just tell me you're definition of "catch and release" was wrong and I am allowed to take pictures and you shouldn't have tried to paint me as a law violator? See that's what rational adults do, they admit when they are wrong, I'm not holding my breath for that...

Yes she was. I never said you were wrong I was questioning it. I’m not a big fisherman, was simply responding to what was posted and my interpretation.

If you’re so confident however, why not take me up on the suggestion to email the DEC for interpretation. That’s how we settled grows illegalities.

The definition of "catch and release" is on the DEC website, a link was provided, if you want to call them and they can read it aloud to you then go for it. Didn't you have a big problem with Grow because she couldn't ever admit when she was wrong? Well you were wrong here, assuming what I did "was no doubt in violation" of the law. Which I wasn't. Maybe if you're "not a big fisherman" you shouldn't be so quick to side with someone else's accusations about fishing laws.

Maybe Grow wasn't the only one that can't admit when they're wrong huh?

It’s the same MO as grow. If you want to preach that your watch beeps at legal hunting hours, than don’t bring a crossbow into the deer woods out of season and don’t burry your trash.

There are plenty of examples in here of people making mistakes, being corrected and moving on. But similar to our AG, if you’re going to champion the me too movement, don’t be surprised when you’re roasted after being caught abusing woman.

• Like 1

The definition of "catch and release" is on the DEC website, a link was provided, if you want to call them and they can read it aloud to you then go for it. Didn't you have a big problem with Grow because she couldn't ever admit when she was wrong? Well you were wrong here, assuming what I did "was no doubt in violation" of the law. Which I wasn't. Maybe if you're "not a big fisherman" you shouldn't be so quick to side with someone else's accusations about fishing laws.

Dude I never said you were wrong... I was just giving my interpretation of what was posted. Good lord.

18 minutes ago, chrisw said:

i'd just quit now while you're ahead. it's been posted what the law is and it's okay within reason to take a photo or two for something like bass and not something like sturgeon.  if you switch to offense people will just look for something else. we all break a law a some point. we're not human and not perfect.

• Like 4

Cur dogs win all The time half the time. Ha

Who wins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't have a dog in this fight either but was interested so went to DEC site and it clearly states you can fish for small and largemouth from Dec. 1 to 3rd Sat in June on a catch and release basis and that you can take a picture, measure.....and so forth. There isn't much interpretation it is in black and white right in the regs.

Carry on I'm making more popcorn.

• Like 1

I don't have a dog in this fight either but was interested so went to DEC site and it clearly states you can fish for small and largemouth from Dec. 1 to 3rd Sat in June on a catch and release basis and that you can take a picture, measure.....and so forth. There isn't much interpretation it is in black and white right in the regs.

Carry on I'm making more popcorn.
There are even catch and release bass tournaments before the actual season. You take a picture on a certified bump board and total length in inches takes the win. It's popular with the kayak tournaments.

Lets again recap for the new people here...THIS is directly from the DEC and ...and they took nearly 5 days to research their answer before sending it... again read the the part in bold:

Below is the answer to your question on carrying two hunting implements at the same time if hunting for two different species. It really comes down to knowing what you can and cannot be in possession of while hunting a particular species. NYS laws and regulations specify if you cannot be in possession of a certain weapon while hunting a certain species. So, there is not one law or reg that says what you can or cannot do. Here is the response from our law enforcement:  

As long as neither implement is prohibited by a person hunting for a particular game, there is no issue with simultaneously hunting two species at the same time.  Someone hunting for grouse could carry a .22 pistol for shooting squirrels, for instance.

Hunting for deer during a muzzleloading or bowhunting season while in possession of a gun, or with someone who possess a gun is prohibited.  Further, the bowhunter accompanying someone with a muzzleloader would be a ticketable offense.  However, someone hunting pursuant to a muzzleloading privilege COULD use a crossbow and accompany a bowhunter, as long as both special seasons are open.  There used to be occasional confusion when the late Muzzleloader season did not line up with late bow season, but that has largely been eliminated.

A turkey hunter could use a crossbow for turkeys and a compound bow for deer, but I can't think of a practical way to still hunt with both implements or quietly carry them to a stand/blind for purposes. 

Kelly

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

Don't be ridiculous, So I let the first time slide, now again for the same thing and it's just a coincidence? You now posted a picture of my post as "proof" of my illegal activity and you were wrong again but still can't admit to me you were mistaken and called me out unjustly... So at the beginning of this post my opinion differed from yours (we won't mention how many other people saw it the same as I did but I bet they don't have a "target" on their back) and that makes me the bad guy? How dare I disagree with WNY!? I forgot you're a forum moderator who puts "targets" on people's backs for disagreement. How about you just tell me you're definition of "catch and release" was wrong and I am allowed to take pictures and you shouldn't have tried to paint me as a law violator? See that's what rational adults do, they admit when they are wrong, I'm not holding my breath for that...

How exactly am I being Ridiculous. I donT watch every post you make, I have better things to do. 

Also this has nothing to do with disagreeing with me, I could Care less if someone does. Life would be pretty boring if we all agreed. What I had An issue with was how you came across about your disagreement with people that had a different opinion than yours. The high and mighty attitude that I keep Talking about. 

None of this has anything to do with me being a moderator, and you were the one that painted a target on your back with your attitude, not me  

Btw, I admiitted I was Wrong about the dec definition in this very thread. Read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

It’s the same MO as grow. If you want to preach that your watch beeps at legal hunting hours, than don’t bring a crossbow into the deer woods out of season and don’t burry your trash.

There are plenty of examples in here of people making mistakes, being corrected and moving on. But similar to our AG, if you’re going to champion the me too movement, don’t be surprised when you’re roasted after being caught abusing woman.

Exactly. 

Im not perfect, I’ve broken plenty of laws through the years, some were by mistake, others weren’t. I drive Over the speed limit, I’ve taken pics of out of season fish before, I have Probably shot deer a few mins after legal light expired because I donT have an alarm that tells me the very second it ends. But I dont Act high and mighty about things when I see Someone doing something wrong. I’ll say something, but I do T act like my crap doesn’t stink. 

14 minutes ago, growalot said:

Lets again recap for the new people here...THIS is directly from the DEC and ...and they took nearly 5 days to research their answer before sending it... again read the the part in bold:

Well hello there stranger! Any disagreements aside, you e been missed around here. Hope all is well. 

• Like 3