Finally

Grizz1219

Got my 6 camera's set up in fields on plot watcher setting on the farm I hunt this past Saturday... good lord... Way behind getting ready for Youth weekend and then regular season..  so I'll check them in a week, that will be my prep work for the youth hunt... then I check them youth weekend to get info for the opener for me... Hate being behind.. usually I've had them out for a month already... been out multiple times scouting.... This weather is just crazy... plus doing a bathroom reno UGH!!! a bit buried to say the least.. Anyone else feeling the crunch???

• Like 3

I'm usually done doing spring cleanups by now. Have at least 8 more. Going to be tuff getting those done, take the grandnephews out scouting and hunting this weekend and get our place ready to put on the market.  

It will be worth it when we hear that first gobble on Saturday morning. 

• Like 1

Same here. I finally got 2 cams out a little over a week ago. Typically they are up at march's end. Damn weather, and snow i couldn't get to my camp. I intended on setting up 5 cams but somehow i only had enough batteries for 2 lol. Bet my stepson found my "stash" of batteries lol. Going to try and check today or tomorrow to see whats on there. And hopefully get a couple more set up. 

• Like 1

I have nothing to scout around me so I’m taking a drive to a better area tomorrow to scout that is 70 miles away or so. 

Im not sure if they are still bunched up or in woodlots elsewhere but it is dismal as of now. Two harsh winters and crappy hatch seasons are taking a toll locally I fear. 

Ive done a bit of scouting, but not much. Between the weather and traveling, I havent had much time. Im hoping that my work trip for this weekend get cancelled and I can get Haley out there this weekend. Blind will have to get setup Saturday morning from the looks of it. Her gun is ready, thats about all the prep Ive been able to do.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Just found out my trip is cancelled, so Ill be home to take Haley out this weekend!!!!! Wooohooo!!!!

I made a few calls and acted like I was Tommy boy so I sounded legit so that’s why it’s cancelled. 

New guys in the corner puking his guts out...

• Haha 1