First trophy you hunted

ryno botma

My first trophy was a girl named Brenda in  my freshman year of HS.  Took me a few months before I finally tagged and bagged her. Definitely a high fence scenario lol 

I was thinking same thing. When I was 13 years old I started going to the local mall on Saturday nights. I would scout for hot girls and then talk to them and exchange phone numbers or AIM screen names, hookup in the movie theatre or the woods, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

my first deer and buck. what was most likely a 2.5 year old whitetail with a 6 pt rack.... 4 on its right and 2 on its left. it's was a trophy. my dad was pumped. wouldn't shoot it now because we've gotten everyone to collectively up standards voluntarily. the same level of realistic expectations and opportunity back then couldn't produce what we do today. despite the size difference they're still all considered trophies.

6 point with my bow was my first deer, pouring rain. My dad had to leave the night before for a work obligation and I stayed to hunt. I called him around 8 o'clock that morning and could barely talk after shooting the deer. He told work to forget it and drove the hour and a half back to help me track and teach me to dress the deer etc. One of the best days of my life. 

• Like 6

For me it was a chipmunk with my pellet gun when i was 10yrs old.Me and my friend bill would go out hunting in the morning before school for about a week we kept trying to get that chipmunk.I finally got him in a tree.Those where the good old days for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

my first deer and buck. what was most likely a 2.5 year old whitetail with a 6 pt rack.... 4 on its right and 2 on its left. it's was a trophy. my dad was pumped. wouldn't shoot it now because we've gotten everyone to collectively up standards voluntarily. the same level of realistic expectations and opportunity back then couldn't produce what we do today. despite the size difference they're still all considered trophies.

I've also shot some animals in the past that I regret ,being  uneducated in the field and not thinking about the effect it will have on the genepool this is why its so important to learn the right ways from the start 

My first trophy With a bow i worked hard to pay for at 15 yrs, Missed 2 pope and young bucks that fall, ended up harvesting this guy as a first.. Antlers plagued on the wall. The prior spring I took my first bird too! 9" Longbeard 1" spurs. Mounted on the wall. Great year for firsts... but we wont mention the others lol 

20171112_131632.jpg

• Like 3

My first trophy kill with a bow was the first pigeon that I shot up in the hay-mow with my hand-carved bow and hand made arrows at age 11. I cleaned it along with 2 or 3 others and made a meal of them cooked by my Mother. Nope, I didn't have them mounted like most trophies, but they were trophies to me nonetheless.

• Like 3

My trophy isn't one I hunted or shot. My first trophy was my father getting a little 6 point buck. His health has been bad for a long time and he doesn't go out very much. When he does get out he never is able to get very far and it is never for very long. Had been years sence he had gotten a deer or even seen one.  Open in day about 5 years ago he got a little 6 point and the look in his eyes and happiness on his face was the best thing in the world. We all knew it was probably be the last deer he ever shot and we gave the woke day too him. We got that deer out of the woods and listened to him tell the story over and over that day. This started at 8 a.m. on opening day and we didn't go back out the rest of the day. Just sat and enjoyed his moment with him. Heck the second day was only a half day hunt because he wasn't finished when we all called it quits the first day. Best trophy ever.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

My trophy isn't one I hunted or shot. My first trophy was my father getting a little 6 point buck. His health has been bad for a long time and he doesn't go out very much. When he does get out he never is able to get very far and it is never for very long. Had been years sence he had gotten a deer or even seen one.  Open in day about 5 years ago he got a little 6 point and the look in his eyes and happiness on his face was the best thing in the world. We all knew it was probably be the last deer he ever shot and we gave the woke day too him. We got that deer out of the woods and listened to him tell the story over and over that day. This started at 8 a.m. on opening day and we didn't go back out the rest of the day. Just sat and enjoyed his moment with him. Heck the second day was only a half day hunt because he wasn't finished when we all called it quits the first day. Best trophy ever.

Always great to share these moments with ones Dad .