Just heard on news , dicks will be destroying remaining A/R’s

rob-c

Brilliant way to run a company: buy product to sell at a profit, but destroy it instead.  The shareholders must be thrilled with that CEO.  

Wonder if they'll be burning Nikes and other sneakers every time an athlete rapes or beats a woman?  

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, airedale said:

If they actually pull a stunt like that it is a PR move all the way. I would think donating what ARs they want to get rid of to various Law Enforcement agencies around the country that could use them would be a better option.

Al

Can’t do that, it’s a scary assault rifle. Even too scary for law enforcement.. 

Edited by rob-c

Screw them, I havent stepped foot in their stores since the whole AR thing with them started earlier this year, and Ill never set foot in them again. Runnings has been getting a bit more of my business, and Ive been buying online. Brick and mortar stores like Dicks are a dying breed. The last thing they should be doing is pissing off a big chunk of their customer base.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Screw them, I havent stepped foot in their stores since the whole AR thing with them started earlier this year, and Ill never set foot in them again. Runnings has been getting a bit more of my business, and Ive been buying online. Brick and mortar stores like Dicks are a dying breed. The last thing they should be doing is pissing off a big chunk of their customer base.

Yup. Runnings in Gloversville is a great place! Went last Sunday, and dropped $300, on more reloading stuff there. Got a Dicks/Field and Stream much closer. But they will not see a dime of my hard earned cash!!!

• Like 4

Guys come on ! They can't destroy a firearm the ATF tracks all firearms from manufacture to the person who buys the gun at the store. They would have to send them back to the manufacturer or turn them over to law enforcement for destruction.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Guys come on ! They can't destroy a firearm the ATF tracks all firearms from manufacture to the person who buys the gun at the store. They would have to send them back to the manufacturer or turn them over to law enforcement for destruction.

Why? until they sell them, they own them. Theres nothing illegal about destroying a firearm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Guys come on ! They can't destroy a firearm the ATF tracks all firearms from manufacture to the person who buys the gun at the store

Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced plans to destroy the modern sporting rifles, magazines and accessories they pulled from their shelves in recent weeks. That’s the word from a corporate spokesperson asked about pallets of inventory removed from displays nationwide. The sporting goods dealer’s mouthpiece said the firearms would be destroyed at regional distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage yard for recycling.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/john-boch/what-will-dicks-do-with-all-those-rifles-and-magazines-they-wont-sell-theyre-destroying-them/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Dick’s Sporting Goods has announced plans to destroy the modern sporting rifles, magazines and accessories they pulled from their shelves in recent weeks. That’s the word from a corporate spokesperson asked about pallets of inventory removed from displays nationwide. The sporting goods dealer’s mouthpiece said the firearms would be destroyed at regional distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage yard for recycling.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/john-boch/what-will-dicks-do-with-all-those-rifles-and-magazines-they-wont-sell-theyre-destroying-them/

More like there going to sell  them off in parts and make believe they destroyed them 

Unless I see it I don't believe it .

Edited by Storm914

I have a relative that works for one of the biggest wholesalers in the US and he said they all have to be iventoried by the ATF.

• To-be-scrapped firearms must be inventoried during an ATF inspection if they are onsite and are considered an “open disposition”.

• Before you cut, shear, crush i.e. destroy your firearm, you should first record the firearms placed into your scrap bin on a scrap log or a to-be-destroyed log.

• This is a list of the firearm Make, Model, Serial Number, Type, Caliber/Gauge, and the date it was entered into the bin.

• On scrap day, this list should be validated against the physical firearms for verification prior to scrap; and once scrapped should be used to make the appropriate dispositions into the A&D Book.

• The A&D Book should be populated almost immediately after the destruction to ensure accuracy.

• Another detail to pay attention to is making sure that your A&D Book accurately reflects the firearm type at the time of destruction.

• If you are disassembling a firearm and only scrapping the frame or receiver, then you’re A&D Book must first reflect the change in form prior to the final scrap disposition.

• Lastly, when destroying an NFA firearm, be sure to prepare a letter to the NFA Branch, informing them of the destruction and requesting that they amend your National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record to remove the NFA items scrapped.

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So they have the ATF come in and verify that they are there before they destroy them. No big deal to them, and its perfectly legal.

Plus that way, a few AR’s and Standard capacity mags, can go “off the books “ and into the ATF guys trunks ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I really like Runnings, they remind me of the Southern chain Fleet & Farm stores.

51 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yup. Runnings in Gloversville is a great place! Went last Sunday, and dropped $300, on more reloading stuff there. Got a Dicks/Field and Stream much closer. But they will not see a dime of my hard earned cash!!!

Wish there was a runnings down here on the southern tier! Maybe once field and stream goes belly up Runnings will take over their store. That would be a great move for runnings as the stores are already setup for what they sell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Why would a corporation destroy all that overhead . 

Same reason they would create policies that alienate a chunk of their customer base. A PR stunt to try and suck up to the liberals in this country. Hopefully its one of the pieces that add to their demise.

• Like 1