Just heard on news , dicks will be destroying remaining A/R’s

rob-c

So when a nut job shoots up a place with a shotgun, I suppose all shotguns get tossed in the garbage too. We need to march in the Albany/Washington swamps to protect our rights. I will design camo hats decorated with spent 12 gauge shells, so as to mimic the vagina hats worn by those "open minded" protestors the day after the inauguration . We are losing our county slowly but surely. This is insane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Same reason they would create policies that alienate a chunk of their customer base. A PR stunt to try and suck up to the liberals in this country. Hopefully its one of the pieces that add to their demise.

My opinion is they did it because they wanted to dump gun inventory any way. They announced they want to build online sales. They can’t sell guns online so why keep them. The timing just worked out to their favor, they probably don’t care about anything but PR and sales. 

11 minutes ago, Merlot said:

So when a nut job shoots up a place with a shotgun, I suppose all shotguns get tossed in the garbage too. We need to march in the Albany/Washington swamps to protect our rights. I will design camo hats decorated with spent 12 gauge shells, so as to mimic the vagina hats worn by those "open minded" protestors the day after the inauguration . We are losing our county slowly but surely. This is insane.

Marching in Albany wont do anything about what a company chooses to do, at least not in a case like this.

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

My opinion is they did it because they wanted to dump gun inventory any way. They announced they want to build online sales. They can’t sell guns online so why keep them. The timing just worked out to their favor, they probably don’t care about anything but PR and sales. 

Most likely

45 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Same reason they would create policies that alienate a chunk of their customer base. A PR stunt to try and suck up to the liberals in this country. Hopefully its one of the pieces that add to their demise.

Problem is that there are more of them than there is us!  They will get a bigger $$$$ base by doing what their doing.  There is only a small number that would buy an AR anyways so in the long run it will put more $$$ in their pockets.

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Problem is that there are more of them than there is us!  They will get a bigger $$$$ base by doing what their doing.  There is only a small number that would buy an AR anyways so in the long run it will put more $$$ in their pockets.

A small number that would buy ARs? Youre joking right? Over 2 million AR15 style rifles were produced and sold between 2000 and 2010. Thats not counting any of the other various "assault rifles". They are extremely popular. Out of all of the "gun guys" I know, Id say more of them have some sort of "assault weapon" than dont, well until the safe act, then most of them were lost in tragic boating accidents.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

A small number that would buy ARs? Youre joking right? Over 2 million AR15 style rifles were produced and sold between 2000 and 2010. Thats not counting any of the other various "assault rifles". They are extremely popular. Out of all of the "gun guys" I know, Id say more of them have some sort of "assault weapon" than dont, well until the safe act, then most of them were lost in tragic boating accidents.

2 million sold in Ny?   Cant say the same is true up here. I know more that dont own them than do. i myself never found the need for one but i also dont own a whole pile of guns, 10 i guess but never found the need for an AR looking machine.

But i still would bet in the long run they will make more $$$ off the people that do not believe in the AR fad and agree with their move of destruction.   There will always be more of "Them" than "Us"

Edited by Four Season Whitetail's
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

2 million sold in Ny?   Cant say the same is true up here. I know more that dont own them than do. i myself never found the need for one but i also dont own a whole pile of guns, 10 i guess but never found the need for an AR looking machine.

But i still would bet in the long run they will make more $$$ off the people that do not believe in the AR fad and agree with their move of destruction.   There will always be more of "Them" than "Us"

I do agree with your statement that there’s more of them than us. Hell there are idiot hunters that agree ,why would anyone need a  AR. I don’t own one myself BUT if anyone thinks they will stop at AR’s they are crazy. After they outlaw AR’s( and it will happen,) they will go after pistols. Then any semi auto guns etc etc and just keep going down the line . the writing is on the wall , it may not happen even in our kids lives but I bet by the time my grandkids are elders there will be severe restrictions.. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

No, not in NY alone

saw something on usa today about younger voters not showing up to the polls in recent elections despite the belief that they would "change the world". These same voters will keep buying on amazon and wont give 2 sh!ts about the stunt. But I know many of us hunters now refuse to shop there. 

In summary, they've isolated a pretty loyal customer base and most likely will not attract any new business as a result of their move. The only possible benefit is future risk mitigation where a shooter buys a gun from dicks and then people "boycott" them. Otherwise this just doesn't make good business sense. 

As an aside, if you have a citi credit card you can participate in their pricechecker program. buy anywhere and if they find a lower price you get the difference. Recently saw some hs strut decoys on sale at dicks and am sticking to my guns. Bought from midway which was the next cheapest. Submitted to pricechecker and i received the credit for the dicks pricing. i win. they lose.

https://www.citipricerewind.com/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

i keep having that same discussion with my anti-gun friends. If any of these nuts were smart they'd by an autoloader 12 gauge with buck shot. I'm glad none of them are smart. 

• Like 3

Right and right . I’m one song away from Dicks, yet haven’t shopped there since as well .

A 12 ga never needs to be run dry either , Fire 2 or 3, 00 buck , and stuff a couple  more in as you go . Although for many ,especially kids who haven’t shot much an AR will be easier to,tote and shoot, with less reloading , myself I shoot 12ga a lot and many slugs and boxes of 00, and practice tactical reloads and swapping slugs for 00 mid way through a tube of 00.

11 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Right and right . I’m one song away from Dicks, yet haven’t shopped there since as well .

A 12 ga never needs to be run dry either , Fire 2 or 3, 00 buck , and stuff a couple  more in as you go . Although for many ,especially kids who haven’t shot much an AR will be easier to,tote and shoot, with less reloading , myself I shoot 12ga a lot and many slugs and boxes of 00, and practice tactical reloads and swapping slugs for 00 mid way through a tube of 00.

The shooters buy into the same hype that the media sells the public that doesn't know jack about guns. in tight quarters like most of these shooting took place everyone should be thankful that the shooters didn't walk in with shotguns.  I seen guys operate speed loaders tubes for shotguns that really know how to do it and it's scary how much lead they can put down range in a hurry. I tried them and it takes some practice but still faster than like we do it  by hand.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

heck a sawed off is a heck of a lot easier to conceal  than a full AR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

223 is smaller than 12ga shells, so they have more room in their pockets for their Tide pod snacks.