8 Year Anniversary Coming Up

Lawdwaz

This site will be 8 years old in June, I believe................wasn't there another NY site that was similar that folded for some reason, then this one was born?

It's been a good run with plenty of great guys (a couple nice gals too) on here.  Having met and become very good friends with a pile of the guys I'd say this place has been a winner for me.   How about you, have you made friends with many guys in your area or even over across the state?

The gathering last year at the 'Goat was a good time and maybe we can do another after they re-open?  How about a picnic or something this summer?  Wasn't there some talk of that LAST year? :)

Time sure does fly eh?

• Like 5

Was it Myhuntingforum.com?

There was a big blowup a few years ago on there and a lot of members were banned or left on their own, but I don’t recognize any of the screen names here from that site.  

The one I'm thinking of was NY specific and I thought Burmjohn was there.......then all the sudden one day it was gone.

There have been a couple hunting forums that have melted down I have browsed in last 10 years I've been on these.

Nice to get folks real contact info, never know when these can vanish.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Nice to get folks real contact info, never know when these can vanish.

A couple times this site has gone cold and I figured we were SOL and I was glad I have a Rolodex (not really, just my phone) full of names and numbers.

Then a few hours later she's up and chugging again!!

• Like 1

I lost touch with a few guys here and there; sometimes wonder what happened to either them or the board we were on......

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Some of the therads that have gone south had me wondering if it was the end.. 

Only been a member for just about a yr, and I was about ready to bail.  Lol

This is nothing; I seen guys publish intimate details of family members on other boards over feuds.

A few boards I'm on have no moderation at all, you should see those shit shows. LOL

• Like 2

I had to look up when I joined and was surprised to see it was way back in 2010 as well. I guess I didn't realize the board was new at the time. I lurked for a while and started contributing more just in the last couple of years. 

Folks don't always agree and things can go sideways once in a while just like it does in life. But all in all, I think this is a great group of people. 

I've met a couple of folks through buying some things and would love to attend a get together to meet a few more of you face to face. Especially if we can arrange something either near the southern tier or within an hour or so drive.

I'd be pretty disappointed to see this site go away!

• Like 1

I joined in 14 but never came hear a lot up  till a year or so ago, now come here quiet often. I am on several other forums but have come to realize this is one of my favorites.. I don’t see this forum going belly up anytime soon, to many good people here... 

I'm one of the old timers ( in more ways than one)...I joined this site when another forum where I hung out kind of died a natural death... I visit other forums mostly to get information..This forum also has a lot of knowledgeable people and some great info,  but the main reason I hang out here is to have FUN.... Can ya tell...??....

• Like 8

10 hours ago, mowin said:

Some of the therads that have gone south had me wondering if it was the end.. 

Only been a member for just about a yr, and I was about ready to bail.  Lol

many have taken a "leave of absence". I know I have. If you don't take the arguments/debates to heart it's good entertainment. But honestly what always had me coming back was the wealth of local knowledge on so many topics and updates. I've learned a lot and hope i've helped pass on some wisdom myself. 

• Like 1

I joined in 2011 and found the site because I was looking for a place to swap DMP's ! I knew there had to be one somewhere out there . Well I've swapped a couple over the years and gained a lot more than swapped DMP's . Lots of good people and lots of good conversation ! Think I'll stay !

3 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

I'm on a few different forums this is only hunting one and is alot if fun. Been on the fishing forum more lately as I'm trying to get ready to splash but still check in daily. Met a few guys in person and have pm and facebooked many more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Same, I have seen some of your posts over on LOU. I am under the same handle over there if you ever need any advice up on Lake O. A little less bickering over there with season starting up. Usually the forum I frequent is dependent on the season.

• Like 1

I'm on one other forum, a guitar/music site.

Been here since Oct. of 14. Was a lurker awhile, before joining in. I came on board because I saw that there were some very good hunters and outdoors people here. They were willing to share their experience and knowledge, and have a little fun too! Thought perhaps, I could share what little I know, as well as learn a bunch, from like minded people. And I have.

I've met a bunch of guy's from here, face to face. Shook their hand, shared a smile and a story. Every one of them were stand up people! Hunted and shared woods time with a few more. Made some memories that will  outlast me! Good times! And I look forward to our next get togethers.

Got a few that are on my "must meet" list too. You know who ya are.

Also, I've bumped heads with a couple of butt heads here every now and then. Fair trade, for all the good I've taken away from here though. As long as you can let some comments roll off, and not take everything personal, your enjoyment on 'ANY' forum will be enhanced. Keep in mind, we come to a forum, to hear a different point of view. To enlighten ourselves, perhaps learn a thing or two, and a good belly laugh now and then!  But we are all different! We won't always agree! 

It saddens me when we lose long time members, because of personal attacks. There really is no need to do this! If ya disagree with someone, or the content of a post, go ahead and post YOUR opinion. But because others may disagree with what YOU post, remember that's all part of a forum! Ya don't need to shoot back with personal jabs. There are much more intelligent ways to get your point across!!!! Stooping to someone else's level, is not always the best representation of YOURSELF!

This site is strong. With a great membership! Let's all work together, to keep it that way.

Just my opinion folks.............

• Like 11

Same, I have seen some of your posts over on LOU. I am under the same handle over there if you ever need any advice up on Lake O. A little less bickering over there with season starting up. Usually the forum I frequent is dependent on the season.
Yea for sure lol...cabin fever is setting in hard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I post a lot less here nowadays. This past year, I posted close to 10% of the number of posts I did in prior years, annually. And most of those are camera sales-related. Meaningful content maybe 1%, ha.

This forum like any other has its pros and cons.

Between work, moving, and other things going on, I don't often dive into the threads where there is debate nowadays. That'll reduce the post count. Plus, the topic variety seems to be pretty narrow at times of year and there are a lot of posts that seem to get steered off course even faster than in early years of the forum.

What I do like is that there are some really nice people to meet in-person. Also like to see people's successes, etc.