8 Year Anniversary Coming Up

Lawdwaz

7 hours ago, chas0218 said:

Same, I have seen some of your posts over on LOU. I am under the same handle over there if you ever need any advice up on Lake O. A little less bickering over there with season starting up. Usually the forum I frequent is dependent on the season.

To you and stone I'm riggered on Lou. Just joined, great site.

This is my favorite site.  I appreciate the contributions of all the members here, even though I only agree with 72 % of them on average.  I do enjoy the arguments with the other 28 %.  It does feel good to be in the majority most of the time.   Although I give the bulk of the credit for all of my hunting success to OUR Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I have definitely learned some good stuff from the folks on here.  Where would I be without the Butt-out II that was recommended by my buddy Chef, who is being very undeservably grilled on another thread right now as I type.   Or how about that PA chest girth chart that was contributed here by another prolific member.  Just last night, we enjoyed "hidden tenderloins" for dinner, which I never would have found without that Grant Woods video that someone posted on here.   

Folks tend to get pissed off and aggravated at this time of year, because their vitamin D level gets low due to the lack of sunlight for so long.   That makes the personal attacks run rampant.  I hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive each other as I forgive all those who have (and I am certain will continue) to rag on me here.  It is all in good fun.      

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Found the site browsing the web.Alot of good people here willing to share knowledgeable info,tip,tricks and willing to lend a hand when can.i myself steer away from some of the topics as others do.nothing unusual for a forum!all together a great place to shoot the chit and bust chops.carry on!

I joined sometime in 2012 when I was a regular member of Bowhunting.com forum. Once I found out about this site, I quickly came here and made an account. I was casual here and I tended to focus on Bowhunting.com, but now I rarely go on that site and Im on here all the time. Ive met only a few members on here but all were great people that I enjoy talking to and there are some members that Id love to finally meet like Grampy and The Real TCIII. I think in general this forum is a wonderful place to learn about hunting and just talk crap with people. Where I live, isn't what you'd consider a hot bed for hunters, so I really don't have all too many people to talk hunting with other than some friends and some family members who mostly bird hunt in Europe or rifle hunt. This is usually the place I come to, to get answers to my hunting questions or even share my experiences in the woods with people who will appreciate it like I did. I was never part of the last board, but im so glad that this forum is around and healthy. Hats off to all the members who make this forum what it is and hopefully it continues!

• Like 4

This is my favorite forum without a doubt with alot of great knowledgeable people on board. I got my first taste of southern Tier hunting because of a member on here ( thanks Aaron) . I wish all the meetings were a little closer would love to meet up with some more members but I am one of the few from here in Northern NY. Hope someday to meet more members!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Was on the old Empire hunting site. There was a hunter on there that shot huge bucks every yr. The owner of the site I think got a. Little carried away promoting him and got used in my eyes by this guy. Well come to find out this douche had actually poached them or killed them behind a fence and got caught. Well the owner got Dragged through the mud for it and the site went down over night. So long story short thats why some of us on here dont particularly care for some of the every one breaks the law jokers on here. Growie would have remembered  his name if you hadnt made her sick of y'all. 

Edited by erussell

3 hours ago, erussell said:

Was on the old Empire hunting site. There was a hunter on there that shot huge bucks every yr. The owner of the site I think got a. Little carried away promoting him and got used in my eyes by this guy. Well come to find out this douche had actually poached them or killed them behind a fence and got caught. Well the owner got Dragged through the mud for it and the site went down over night. So long story short thats why some of us on here dont particularly care for some of the every one breaks the law jokers on here. Growie would have remembered  his name if you hadnt made her sick of y'all. 

I think she was got sick of a select few .

6 hours ago, erussell said:

Thats right! I forgot all about that guy.

This site will be 8 years old in June, I believe................wasn't there another NY site that was similar that folded for some reason, then this one was born?
It's been a good run with plenty of great guys (a couple nice gals too) on here.  Having met and become very good friends with a pile of the guys I'd say this place has been a winner for me.   How about you, have you made friends with many guys in your area or even over across the state?
The gathering last year at the 'Goat was a good time and maybe we can do another after they re-open?  How about a picnic or something this summer?  Wasn't there some talk of that LAST year?
Time sure does fly eh?

Since you seem to kill 2 nice bucks each year, I’d be interested in meeting you where you hunt in early November. After I shoot a nice one, I’ll give you the meat if you let me take the cape/antlers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

A Google search shows him with the antlers in question .

"Congrats go to Corey Wiktor on what is an amazing find. If harvested in 2009, the deer would have likely surpassed the Roosevelt Luckey record buck killed in 1939 (the first deer hunting season in NY) in my home county of Allegany."

whoops

• Haha 1