8 Year Anniversary Coming Up

Lawdwaz

Jeez....No one's credibility, or self worth, should be based on a set of deer antlers.  

Too bad, but this kind of crap, does crop up every now and then.

Careful Grampy all REAL NY Hunters can only be judged by antlers. The rest of us just haven’t been self actualized enough to know it yet.

I enjoy the harmless banter(as evidence from my above shot across the bow at FSW!!!) since real life (which this place is not) seems way too serious.

I’m here since 2010 as well and am quite embarrassed to admit that I haven’t left yet. I guess I’m still here because I have learned some stuff, laughed a bunch and been helped in some real ways by some solid people.

Hoping Biz will let me stow away in his carry on when the Goat opens up for a get together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Since you seem to kill 2 nice bucks each year, I’d be interested in meeting you where you hunt in early November. After I shoot a nice one, I’ll give you the meat if you let me take the cape/antlers!

Relevance to the thread is missing my friend.  

I'd be thrilled to meet you again at the 'Goat when the taps are flowing and the deep fryer is frying.

No boot in the ass or headlocks this time..............I promise. :)

• Like 2

I guess I joined fairly early jan2 2011

Not sure how I ended up here really.. 

Enjoyed the meeting at the goat in wny.

Though I am  more southern tier ( boarder of catt/allegany county.  I will offer my property for a family picnic in the summer and could accommodate quite a few people. Lots to do . Fishing, hiking, and could probable do A trapshoot easy enough. 

If you would be  traveling to get there there are other things to do in the immediate area including rock city park, 4 mile brewing , and the world famous Cuba cheese, and of course Cuba lake

• Like 3

Maybe you could start a poll on that and validate my ASSumption with the voting members here ?
Another poll?
Wolc, I sent you a pm on how create polls here. After three days of crickets I deleted the pm as I figured you ignored it. Or worse, you read it and didn't have the common courtesy to say thank you.
I am not sure where your extreme fascination with polls comes from, but all they do is cause issues and resolve nothing!
If you like, I will send you the PM again, and you can become a poll creating mad man. If I send it this time don't ignore it.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2018 at 5:30 PM, wolc123 said:

Thanks for the poll "how to advice".    

2 hours ago, Rob... said:

emoji19.png
 didn't have the common courtesy to say thank you.

It sounds like you missed that  4/20 reply Rob.  Maybe you had your "alerts" turned off.  That crossbow poll you made was great and the results have certainly been stellar.   If Belo does not make a "what is more important to you:  meat or antlers" one about deer hunting, maybe I will try it in a few more months.   I like them to be one or the other, with no middle ground, such as you did with your crossbow full-inclusion poll.  If folks are unable to decide between one of the two choices, they can always comment in the thread.     

I do know that we have one guy here who seems to be quite fixated on antlers, and I may represent the opposite extreme on the meat.   There is not a whole lot of interest in deer at this time however.   Most folks are currently preoccupied with turkeys and/or fish.      

so i do it for the experiences had, sounds management/conservation of a resource, and a bunch of other personal reasons. last on the list is solely to obtain meat and antlers.  i just want to know how i stand with that 28% or 72% for meat or antlers. last i checked it adds up to 100% so i'm a little confused.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:55 AM, Belo said:

where did you get the stat that 72% of hunters on this site are meat hunters?

I bet it is closer to 95 or 100% that hunt for meat and 100% for those that wouldn't be against shooting a big antlered buck. It just depends on how you ask the question.  :)

• Like 1

I bet it is closer to 95 or 100% that hunt for meat and 100% for those that wouldn't be against shooting a big antlered buck. It just depends on how you ask the question. 

Not 100% for meat because I don’t care about meat. I never shoot does and if I shoot a buck I sometimes donate meat and just keep backstraps. “meat” has 100% nothing to do with why I hunt deer.

22 hours ago, wolc123 said:

It sounds like you missed that  4/20 reply Rob.  Maybe you had your "alerts" turned off.  That crossbow poll you made was great and the results have certainly been stellar.   If Belo does not make a "what is more important to you:  meat or antlers" one about deer hunting, maybe I will try it in a few more months.   I like them to be one or the other, with no middle ground, such as you did with your crossbow full-inclusion poll.  If folks are unable to decide between one of the two choices, they can always comment in the thread.     

I do know that we have one guy here who seems to be quite fixated on antlers, and I may represent the opposite extreme on the meat.   There is not a whole lot of interest in deer at this time however.   Most folks are currently preoccupied with turkeys and/or fish.      

I do not have any alerts to any site that go to my phone if that's what you are referring too. I have alerts set on the site itself to show up, and I certainly didn't get a reply via the PM. It doesn't matter to be honest. There are some awesome people on here, who help each other out. I gave a nice air rifle and scope to a guy for his grand kids, Jeremy K sent me a bow at no cost ( the bow didn't fit me so I passed it on for free to greg54 ), turkeyfeathers sent me a Bills glass as a house warming gift, I even offered to send Bill Schmidt a tent if he covered the shipping. When you ask for advice on here, you generally get help.

Many other members have helped each other out as well, by just giving things away, there are honestly too many to list.

For all our differences of opinions, we are a brotherhood. If you need help and someone can help you out, they will and do. You talk about God and religion all the time. God teaches us to help those in need, In the almost 4 years I have been on this site, I haven't seen you offer much.

What's my point? Not all of us will agree on every aspect of hunting! If we did this site would be more like a book reading then the soap opera it is ( FYI! That's not a crack at the site ). I really don't like the segregation, but I am coming to terms with it. We are all different and have different reasons to why we hunt, what we hunt, and what weapon we choose to hunt with. Without this banter, again, go to a book reading.

Final thought:

We all like a good debate, but this crap of trashing people because they don't do what you want or how you want it is BS. wolc, you are no different. You have this push for the crossbow that's starting to rival another ex-members agenda about Dove hunting. When you keep stuffing things in peoples faces they turn and just get sick of it. 

Best of luck with your "Polls". Just remember, they are more fore "personal gratification" then getting the DEC to alter the laws.

17 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Best of luck with your "Polls". Just remember, they are more fore "personal gratification" then getting the DEC to alter the laws.

I tried the poll thing (see deer hunting section) but it did not seem to work quite right.  I will try it again closer to deer season.  Thanks for your help anyhow.   

48 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I tried the poll thing (see deer hunting section) but it did not seem to work quite right.  I will try it again closer to deer season.  Thanks for your help anyhow.   

That's all you took away from my post? Seriously?  Best of luck to you on "Judgment Day". 

Actually. I am bowing out on this topic/thread.

The divisions are never going away. Wolc tagged a certain part of my post, but had nothing to say about the rest.

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

I do not have any alerts to any site that go to my phone if that's what you are referring too. I have alerts set on the site itself to show up, and I certainly didn't get a reply via the PM. It doesn't matter to be honest. There are some awesome people on here, who help each other out. I gave a nice air rifle and scope to a guy for his grand kids, Jeremy K sent me a bow at no cost ( the bow didn't fit me so I passed it on for free to greg54 ), turkeyfeathers sent me a Bills glass as a house warming gift, I even offered to send Bill Schmidt a tent if he covered the shipping. When you ask for advice on here, you generally get help.

Many other members have helped each other out as well, by just giving things away, there are honestly too many to list.

For all our differences of opinions, we are a brotherhood. If you need help and someone can help you out, they will and do. You talk about God and religion all the time. God teaches us to help those in need, In the almost 4 years I have been on this site, I haven't seen you offer much.

What's my point? Not all of us will agree on every aspect of hunting! If we did this site would be more like a book reading then the soap opera it is ( FYI! That's not a crack at the site ). I really don't like the segregation, but I am coming to terms with it. We are all different and have different reasons to why we hunt, what we hunt, and what weapon we choose to hunt with. Without this banter, again, go to a book reading.

Final thought:

We all like a good debate, but this crap of trashing people because they don't do what you want or how you want it is BS. wolc, you are no different. You have this push for the crossbow that's starting to rival another ex-members agenda about Dove hunting. When you keep stuffing things in peoples faces they turn and just get sick of it. 

18 minutes ago, Rob... said:

That's all you took away from my post? Seriously?  Best of luck to you on "Judgment Day". 

I am certain that I will be ok then and I will pray that you also will be.    Good luck with the turkeys.

Edited by wolc123