2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

Ive been out scouting our spot for the last 2 mornings. Yesterday I saw 2 toms in the same field my daughter killed her bird in last year. The problem with that field this year, is that the corn was cut a couple months ago (farmer died and his kid cut it very late) and the stalks are really high, so its going to make for tougher visibility and shot opportunities. This morning there were 4 toms and 9 hens in the field next to that one. Im a little up in the air about where to setup Saturday morning. Ill scout once more tomorrow morning and see where they are at before I decide. Looks like it might be a great weekend though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Ive been out scouting our spot for the last 2 mornings. Yesterday I saw 2 toms in the same field my daughter killed her bird in last year. The problem with that field this year, is that the corn was cut a couple months ago (farmer died and his kid cut it very late) and the stalks are really high, so its going to make for tougher visibility and shot opportunities. This morning there were 4 toms and 9 hens in the field next to that one. Im a little up in the air about where to setup Saturday morning. Ill scout once more tomorrow morning and see where they are at before I decide. Looks like it might be a great weekend though.

Go where you have the best shop opp which sounds like where they were today. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

My youth(step son) bailed on me, pretty bummed. He wants to be with his dad doing what they do.. Dont blame him, but it is his weekend to shine! Oh well, Here is one of many pics from 2 card pulls yesterday..  

IMG_0065.JPG

Sorry let em grow.  Great pics though. Before you know it , your hand loads will be heading their way. 

• Like 1