2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

My buddy and I had one of those perfect
Mornings. We went in a newish spot just to listen and a longbeard lights up practically right above us. We watched him gobble and swivel for 15-20 minutes and then BOOM the another one gobbles and he’s just off to our right. They both fly down into the field behind us and he smokes one, real nice bird close to 1.5” spurs. Naturally they’re on his side of the tree and I’m closed out lol. All the while another bird is gobbling down in a ravine so I started calling to him and he cut me off a couple times. I can hear hens cutting at him as well. He came right in with a couple jakes in tow and I took him at 35-40 yards. Two year old with a nice beard. There were at least two more birds gobbling even as we were leaving 88dc23d2fbe4b95803523e3e5ef2e927.jpegf8bdfbc064883e99826fcff5ec177647.jpg Back home before the kids got the bus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 28

I roosted one last night here in Westchester.   Got on em at 5:15 and had em gobbling in the roost.  Heard him fly down and was waiting for him with the decoys out.   Nothing.  Heard gobbling, but heading in the opposite direction.  waited about 30 mins to see if he would circle back and nothing.   Heading up to the catskills tonight for 2 days!

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m gonna park car at like 650am. walk in slowly and listen. Follow the sound of gobbles, spot & stalk, flush a big Tom and lead him with the shotgun and take him out.

I’m predicting 27lbs, 2” spurs, and 3 beards. Pics by 718am. Stay tuned!

2cc41806ce14ca36975e846d6affc19a.jpg this call is older than me. Maybe I’ll give it a whirl by 10am if I can’t find anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of those, got it when they first came out. Have called in a lot of birds with it.  Good luck!