2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

Sitting up against my tree wondering how tough it is to call him back to the same spot. Usually if he’s inside 40 yards I’m carrying him out with me. To sparse to move around. My chipmunk buddy has his mouth stuffed. Big fat doe just snuck through close. de4fcd6a92ab336eb097bc1db3fe2003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Man these woods are thin and sparse. Just had a chipmunk on my boot. Every woodpecker in WNY making a racket now. e2486792751d2a999938efe50bbba0c6.jpg

looks like some nice trees in there for a ladder stand for bow hunting!..... always looking ahead.  Is this a spot you can deer hunt too?  

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

looks like some nice trees in there for a ladder stand for bow hunting!..... always looking ahead.  Is this a spot you can deer hunt too?  

There is a ladder stand just out of pic. Lol  Sadly no , owner and his son hunt it. It’s so deery too. Great trails , fields   According to OnX it’s centered in a bunch of other properties. I can see different posted signs from behind me. 

Being the not so dedicated turkey hunter I just realized its turkey season lol. Been outa town until yesterday. Got up into the office this morning and windows open and hear a Tom gobbling out back. I'll be out in a couple days.

Good luck to you out there. It is hot and buggy already!!

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yote came in for a turkey meal. Moused the field , 441d4c2077ecbaa123ff671a84f127e4.jpgLeft and sneaking in again Free pass in my book. 25 yard chip shot too.

I am sorry, but if I am turkey hunting and a yote walks in...they turkey hunt becomes a yote hunt....shoot on sight!

14 minutes ago, TurkeyHuntPA_NY said:

I am sorry, but if I am turkey hunting and a yote walks in...they turkey hunt becomes a yote hunt....shoot on sight!

Nah , not my thing. I also swerved to avoid an opossum a week ago. Coyote came back a third time.   Wish I had my dekes out. Could have been fun to watch 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I would like to apologize to the fella who owns the ladder stand that I left a scent pile next too. By the time I realized how close it was it was too late. Fingers crossed the scent will be gone by 10/1.  :stop::heat:

I found me some wild leeks, grabbed a few and will have to come back and get more. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I would like to apologize to the fella who owns the ladder stand that I left a scent pile next too. By the time I realized how close it was it was too late. Fingers crossed the scent will be gone by 10/1.  :stop::heat:

Don't they say on this forum "pictures or it didn't happen"?  I don't know if we want pictures of that.  LOL

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

If you can copy every sound she makes. Usually pisses her and makes her curious. He comes in tow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Read the whole series, he called them in but the hens were in the way of the Tom. 

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

Don't they say on this forum "pictures or it didn't happen"?  I don't know if we want pictures of that.  LOL

Don’t worry, I gave the hero shots to my future sponser.” Charmin Dependable, durable TP for the expert outdoors men”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Read the whole series, he called them in but the hens were in the way of the Tom. 

yea i saw it after i posted.. getting up to speed sitting here in the office. some of us have to go to work. lol