2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

22 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

0efae6acf0eac1c75bbbc36644178b01.jpg7ade339bbe5c87c757c0b9f52e1398f3.jpge71fa76496044daddfaa923b79637f16.jpg
Game over. Sweet purrs only , one soft 3 note help after he flew down. had him at 30 but 2 deer were almost stepping on him. His head bobbing through the May apples Had to let deer clear He hit an old logging trail. Great show and gobbled all the time. Winchester xrs at 18 yards ruined his morning. He’s not tree bird either. Guess my daughter has to roll him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome hunt. Congratulations

I took my buddy out and in the car I said this morning is about as good as it gets, we won't hear a thing. And we didn't lol. Saw a ton of deer though

Only a few lone gobbles very early off in the distance for me.

Only my 3rd time out this year, but the previous 2 were chock full of action.

Could be weather, could be that it’s getting late in the season? Idk

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

Turkeys being turkeys. Not every bird will gobble every day. My brother is hunting this morning and routinely hears gobbles in woods he’s in and nothing so far. Saturday was only day of 10 I didn’t hear any. 

Turkeys being turkeys. Not every bird will gobble every day. My brother is hunting this morning and routinely hears gobbles in woods he’s in and nothing so far. Saturday was only day of 10 I didn’t hear any. 

Yep. I’m content. Didn’t commute in rush hour and not sitting at my desk.

Happy to be in the woods. Bonus is that the bugs aren’t out yet either.

• Like 2

congrats to jason, jay, and TC. nice job guys!  spectator in the office a lot this season it seems. been listening and watching from the back deck at the house a bunch of mornings but not hearing any shots or gobbles.  birds are pretty scarce this year out this way. hope to get out this weekend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

congrats to jason, jay, and TC. nice job guys!  spectator in the office a lot this season it seems. been listening and watching from the back deck at the house a bunch of mornings but not hearing any shots or gobbles.  birds are pretty scarce this year out this way. hope to get out this weekend.

I still believe that turkey do not exist in NYS but these guys keep proving me wrong (unless they are really hunting elsewhere in claiming to be in NY - hmmmmm).

• Like 2

Another quiet morning in 8N.  I’ve been out six times this season, hunting private and public land and out until noon every time.  I’ve only heard one faint distant gobble.  I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.

I have enjoyed reading this thread, congrats to all who have harvested a bird or two.

Has anyone found morels yet?

• Like 1

Today seemed like perfect conditions for gobbling, you just never know. I believe there were toms within earshot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro