2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

18 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Turkey's 5 or 6 Redneck 0 and counting. Just need one gobble.

You’ll catch em on the right day with the hours you’re putting in.  Zero to hero can happen pretty quick. Yesterday was day 5 and only day I had ground talk. 

• Like 1

Well went out today on my walk in ran into a hen on the logging road. She bolted went to my honey hole but not one gobble on my way out I seen I think the same hen on the logging road. Walked 4 miles today at least I know there are turkeys around. Just got to find where the gobblers are. Overall good day to be in the woods.

• Like 1

wow amazing i went upstate and hunted tuesday got up @4:00 in the field by 4:45 am started to call and got 2 gobblers but they wouldnt come in. wed. I set up where i had seen[ i kid YOU NOT] 50 turkeys coming out of the roost during gun season last year but nothing so i was going to try another spot and was coming down the trail on my atv and i see 6 of them in a field running to the woods i say oh there they are. So  i went there and i heard a gobble so i knew where i was hunting in the morning got there early .I didnt even call and i had a gobble so i walked a little and set up and called and he gobbled but never came off the ridge he was about maybe 50 yds away but like i said up on the ridge so i couldnt see him. Then i heard another gobble but much deeper tone so i knew it was a different bird. so i moved closer big mistake i should have went up on the ridge  and every time i called he gobbled then a hen starts putting and purring well we had a 3 way conversation  for like 20 mins but she went to him and that was that. So a 1/2 hr later i go to the top of the ridge and down into the woods and called well there was gobbler #1 and i had him coming  but BIG mistake i left my gun and stuff where i was so i went back to get them and came back and he took off .Well i had fun and it was a learning experience 

• Like 5

Didn't hunt..  wife open the back door around 6 to let the dogs out.  First thing she hears is several gobbles basically in our back yard.  Unfortunately, the dogs heard 'em too, and started barking scaring them off.  I only own a tad less than 2 acres, but neighbor has 15 that I can hunt. Thinking I may need to get my but up in the morning and try for these toms. Been here for 14 yrs, and haven't harvested anything here.  Think it's about time I do. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, grampy said:

Got 500 acres to hunt, and hardly any turkeys. Where I live, got turkey's gobbling all over, but can't hunt em.

Think they all moved down here to heckle me!

I'm picturing a turkey foot in a middle finger pose.  Gotten many of those over the yrs.  Too frickin many.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grampy said:

Got 500 acres to hunt, and hardly any turkeys. Where I live, got turkey's gobbling all over, but can't hunt em.

Think they all moved down here to heckle me!

Grampy are you near Rennselaerville? 

I was somewhere out there the other day and my buddy’s spots are covered up in birds. 

Couldnt go today but I think I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Grampy are you near Rennselaerville? 

I was somewhere out there the other day and my buddy’s spots are covered up in birds. 

Couldnt go today but I think I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. 

That's not too far from me. I hunt in Knox, by Thatcher Park. Live outside Altamont.

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Forecast for morning looks good , I’m off so why not sit in the woods   Redemption time 

Go get 'em TF.  Gosh I wish I had your dedication.  I've played that game yrs ago. Used to hunt 25 + days each spring. Lot of those were after I was taged out. If I didn't have someone to take hunting, I'd sit and listen and enjoy the sounds of the birds waking up. Gosh you're bringing up a lot of great memories.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck, Jay....I took this morning off..Only 2nd morning since the Ontario opener April 25th...

I'll be out there tomorrow also....Cant kill 'em from the couch....

Good luck pygmy. Tip one over.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Forecast for morning looks good , I’m off so why not sit in the woods   Redemption time 

Not many have your grit and determination! Redemption indeed my friend!

22 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck, Jay....I took this morning off..Only 2nd morning since the Ontario opener April 25th...

I'll be out there tomorrow also....Cant kill 'em from the couch....

Will be waiting for the pic's! Best of luck to ya sir!

• Like 2