The #'s are in..

LET EM GROW

Got a quick moment to shoot one of my Handloads yesterday.. This is from my Mossy Maverick 20ga w/ 22"bbl and .572 UnderTaker Choke . Still have yet to shoot the 870 w/ 26" bbl and .555 Indian Creek

Shells used:

Winchester Double X 1185fps 3" #5 shot @ 40 yrds     (Top shot, for comparison)     72 Pellets in 10" center of Pattern

Hand Load TSS 1200fps #8 shot @ 40 yrds (Bottom)    240 Pellets in 10" center of Pattern

These TSS #8 (18.4g/cc) have the energy comparison of between a #2 and #4 in Lead, but less surface area.. Meaning more penetration. For those that wondered..

20180419_062638.jpg

• Like 5

Pygmy, you aint kidding. I can only imagine what it looks like at 20 and under. If i ever get the shot trap setup, i would gladly play around with it, even change chokes and such. But these are too pricey to mess around too much  with. 

coonh, sure is! I think i could make it a little tighter if needed but im happy with it. Would maybe like to see it not so patchy in spots but, I think im ok.