Other (NON Hunting) Forums You Frequent?

Lawdwaz

I am a member of several forums mostly hunting dog related, I do not frequent them a whole lot but they come in handy when I have a question or am researching some information I am wanting to know about.

The one I frequent the most is the one I run and own "Traditional Working Airedales"

RimfireCentral.com is one I do visit frequently as I am a big fan and shooter of rimfire firearms.

Below are some that I will take a look at every now and then.

VersatileDogs.com

Upland Journal

Squirrel Dog Central

Big Game Houndsman

Bird Dogs and Doubles

XdTalk

ExpeditionPortal

HidPlanet

FordEscape.org

I don't routinely follow those forums, but check in once in about a month, or two.  The XdTalk forum has a lot of self centered dbag's, who try to tell me how I shoukd shoot with my prosthesis, boils my blood.  The other 3 foruns listed are a lot less active then here, so it really isn't possible spending a little time each day on them.

I'm on a couple guitar/music, tabs and chords forums. 

Anytime I can't figure something out I UTube, looking at lots of reloading video's these days!

Will check out the albanycraigslist for music, hunting and fishing bargains.

This is the only hunting related site I visit. 

24 minutes ago, Bionic said:

XdTalk

ExpeditionPortal

HidPlanet

FordEscape.org

I don't routinely follow those forums, but check in once in about a month, or two.  The XdTalk forum has a lot of self centered dbag's, who try to tell me how I shoukd shoot with my prosthesis, boils my blood.  The other 3 foruns listed are a lot less active then here, so it really isn't possible spending a little time each day on them.

Unfortunately there’s a ton of douchebags on the internet and in life. I myself have a ton of respect for you not letting anything hold you back from doing what you love..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Unfortunately there’s a ton of douchebags on the internet and in life. I myself have a ton of respect for you not letting anything hold you back from doing what you love..

I agree 1000% about douchebags in the world. 

Thank you for that, if I don't go after what I want, no one will hand it to me.  I always look at anything, as it could be worse.

Have a good day :-)

Im mostly on here and AT. I joined AT in 2003 to get some advice ahead of my first bear hunt. Im also on bowsite but not much because the format is archaic. I also joined a pool maintenance forum and thats been a great source of advice. Same with lake ontario united and Iceshanty.

You want entertainment, go on duckhunting chat or therefuge forum and ask a simple question about locating ducks lol. The first 15 replies will be BURN SOME GAS A$$HOLE!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Theres a few I go to once in a while.

ArcheryTalk

a couple of BMW forums when Im looking for a fix for my car

a couple of Ram forums

Bark at the moon

Thats about it anymore though. I dont spend nearly as much time at the others than here.

BMW and RAM - you must like repairing your vehicles!  lol  I had a 550ix with the dinan tune.  It was crazy fast for a sedan.

56 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

BMW and RAM - you must like repairing your vehicles!  lol  I had a 550ix with the dinan tune.  It was crazy fast for a sedan.

I got the Beemer cheap, have put a few hundred into it to fix minor things, but it runs like a top and gets great gas mileage. Its fun to drive too, which is a bonus, just wish it was faster. That would probably defeat the reason I bought it though lol. My Ram's overall cost of ownership hasnt been bad at all with the exception of it being thirsty (which is why I bought the car). Shes never let me down in going on 7 years.

Ive been eyeballing the E90 335i as a possible summer fun car, but theres an E46 M3 vert that has popped up too. Its an original Dinan car, around 350hp. Sure is nice.

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I got the Beemer cheap, have put a few hundred into it to fix minor things, but it runs like a top and gets great gas mileage. Its fun to drive too, which is a bonus, just wish it was faster. That would probably defeat the reason I bought it though lol. My Ram's overall cost of ownership hasnt been bad at all with the exception of it being thirsty (which is why I bought the car). Shes never let me down in going on 7 years.

Just breaking your chops John.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Homesteading and LOU

Looking for a good fly fishing forum if anyone knows of one.....

Try http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/ for a general, extensive and popular forum.

The sister site - https://www.flyfishing.co.uk/ is great for the UK, Europe and Scandinavia. The Destination Fishing subforum is very good.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/ is the place for spey and two-handed casting though it also covers off general fly fishing and has a great classified section.

If you're ever going to NorCal take a look at http://www.kiene.com/forums/index.php 

I spend a lot of time on https://www.styleforum.net/forums/ which is essentially men's clothing but has excellent lifestyle subforums. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greg54 said:

I visit Treasurenet.com for helpful metal detecting info.

I just tossed out my old White detector from  the ‘ 70’s . Been toying with the idea to get back into it .

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I just tossed out my old White detector from  the ‘ 70’s . Been toying with the idea to get back into it .

I always thought metal detecting would be fun! I've watched tons of utube video's on this.

Now that you are retired, sounds like a great idea!  Go for it Larry!