Its about that time..

LET EM GROW

Love getting Strutting pictures.. Hoping to get some gobbling shots. 

Also trying to find out where they are roosting now, and what their morning travel patterns are... They clear cut a wood lot and a side hill where they used to roost and spend a lot of time.. But I have 2 new "logging roads", I can probably use to my advantage this spring.. Connects 2 new clover food plots, and several other fields

IMG_0065.JPG

dtjg.PNG

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How much breeding versus feeding do we think is going on ? Been a crap spring. Most unusual I can recall   Boys will be boys but I gotta eat first before I think “ lady friends “ Them 30 seconds burns calories you know.  

Talking about calories, seen some turkeys at the Y.M.C.A the other day, LOL.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How much breeding versus feeding do we think is going on ? Been a crap spring. Most unusual I can recall   Boys will be boys but I gotta eat first before I think “ lady friends “ Them 30 seconds burns calories you know.  

Is that why I am fat :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw a flock of 8 or 9 turkeys yesterday afternoon. Two of them were swinging some mighty nice beards! I was a little surprised there were so many all together yet. I think the warm weather next week will get the flock split up a little bit more yet. 

• Like 1

The bottom one is a video. you can hear them fat boys spitting and drumming. I just took a still shot of it.

Jay, I heard people seeing birds breeding for several weeks now. I used to think it was based off ground temp, (hens would check and no the ground temp was warming up enough to breed and lay eggs, Sounded good i thought lol).  The last few years ive seen them breed on a ft of snow in end of March, plus hearing from others seeing it also.. Maybe they breed the same time of year regardless.. But One thing i do know is the reason for the May1st opener ... to let the toms take those hens to pound town before getting thumped..  So it must be the same each year roughly.. Any turkey sex experts out there? lol