yellow perch

rachunter

I'll be targeting these fish this year,so far everything I've read says worm,hook and bobber are the way to go,but can i use lures with consistent results? i picked up a few micro lures to give a shot.I have caught a few as a bi-catch bass fishing.They seem to be a very aggressive fish.

I plan on keeping a few for the frying pan,I never had them before.

41.png

1B7EF26F-A3E9-43BF-BBE0-15F99E31B40A.jpeg

02B21580-763A-49C5-B3A4-235DFAB0AAC8.jpeg

Edited by rachunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice perch.  They’re outstanding eating. We have a farm pond we can fish and catch some big ones. Usually pitching pieces of worm and pencil bobbers.  But once the water gets too warm  they get wormy.  

75ABDA51-D29C-4655-BC1D-88FA90931D94.png

BY wormy do you mean in the meat like cod fish?

5 minutes ago, Rob... said:

One of the best tasting fish. Super fun to catch. If I am after most panfish I usually just use worms and a bobber. Caught my first white perch last Spring, couldn't eat as I caught it out of the Hudson.3680f3f0ba584632f8ffabec81ec9fd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Do they consider that a white fish or are they two different fish? Did you ever try rockbass? I'm thinking of giving them a shot

Rock bass are great to eat. I love fishing for sunnies and blue gill and they're my favorite to eat very sweet. 
Yep. Most of the panfish are good eating. Fun to fish and more fun to catch. Easy too, and you don't need a boat with downriggers to get after them.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1