Footage from a scary hole....

wooly

23 minutes ago, rachunter said:

It looks like she's dropping mice or something for them.

Thanks guys!

That was one of the clues that tipped me off the den was active again this year. She comes back from hunting with a mouth full of moles and dumps them off for the kits to play with and chew on. One of the 4 holes to this den had a bunch of fly covered moles and raccoon jawbones laying around it so that's the hole I set the cam over. I obviously hit the jackpot with that choice on the first day! 

I've got footage of her returning almost every hour on the hour with another mouth full of rodents. This fox family filled up a 32GB sd card in no time flat shooting 30 second clips. So much I just had to leave out of it.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, wooly said:

Short answer.... YES!

I'd spend a lot of time with him there... teaching, appreciating, observing, and learning.

and if it was under your deck or behind your shed. You'd be ok with him teeter toddering about in the back yard? Heck my 1 year old just pulls the tail and ears of my golden.

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

and if it was under your deck or behind your shed. You'd be ok with him teeter toddering about in the back yard? Heck my 1 year old just pulls the tail and ears of my golden.

Yes again.

Maybe I just hang around too many dens to know there really is little to no threat as long as you don't go looking for trouble in and around them.

Your one year old should be under close watch whether he's around a fox den or in a shopping cart at the grocery store. It's up to the supervising adult to know just how much their kiddo can be trusted with what they've taught them when they turn their backs on them.

• Like 2

Just another little follow up video from the fox den one week later at a different scary hole entrance. This one shot with my refurbished Dark Ops.

It's gonna be a very sad day when these Brownings die.

• Like 4