Mute Swans....BTDT

Lawdwaz

My friend has a couple mute swans  that he got years ago.  I hate 'em.........they are nasty pricks.  Each fall when his ponds are 100% frozen over (seems I'm always there when it happens) I am heavily involved in the "Swan Roundup".  We have to get them into his barn and in separate stalls as they'd kill each other before Xmas. :)

It can be a real cluster.....last year I had to to a flying leap on each one and wrestle them down, secure them and then walk with the bastids to the barn.  I'm not kidding on the leaping either.....!!

Well today was the day we sprung 'em loose.  You'd think it would be as simple as opening the barn door and kicking them in the ass; nope, they have to be carried to each pond and led right to the water.  They aren't the smartest birds Ma Nature outfitted.....

So these pics are of the first one to go out.  My buddy and I corner him in  the stall and one of us will grab him.   NOT me this year, I was the wheel man to drive him down to the pond.  As aggressive as they seem 99% of the time they are pretty docile once you have a grip on them.  The second swan I just grabbed and carried to the closer pond with no great issues.

More good times!

0kn4Ly5.jpg

HB0tlVy.jpg

vdtOUlf.jpg

2I5AjRP.jpg

• Like 8