Meat or Antlers

wolc123

11 minutes ago, Rob... said:

That means so much to me, thanks, jack ass!. Let me explain a little something more to you. I am disabled, I have a bad back that gets a little worse each year. I have days I can barely move. I also have days where I am mobile with no pain, and days where mobility is painful, but I can get around. I still bust my ass to get into the woods as often as my health allows. No one helps me climb the mountains I hunt, no one sets up my hunting spots, no one scouts for me, and I don't use trail cams. So think about this, you sitting in a chair in your bedroom puts a splinter under my finger nail.

Also, look at the people on this site who have gone through surgery for shoulders and put the work in to get back to shooting a vert bow. My hats goes off to each and every one of them! 

DO YOU GET IT NOW!

I and no one else will ever convince you these polls and stats from sites are nonsense. 

I am sorry to hear about that Rob and once again (or as many times as necessary) I forgive you for your personal attack.  Sooner or later you will learn (as many others have) that there is nothing you can say or do to piss me off.

The bitterness that you harbor is born of jealousy.  What you are doing with these attacks is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt me.  My recommendation is that you stop feeling sorry for yourself and put your faith in the Lord.  He can overcome any physical challenge, up to and including death itself.   I will pray that you get better and have a good year hunting.  

p.s:  Cool (8) pages.  Hopefully a few more votes will come in to make the poll more accurate.

Edited by wolc123

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I am sorry to hear about that Rob and once again (or as many times as necessary) I forgive you for your personal attack.  Sooner or later you will learn (as many others have) that there is nothing you can say or do to piss me off.

The bitterness that you harbor is born of jealousy.  What you are doing with these attacks is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt me.  My recommendation is that you stop feeling sorry for yourself and put your faith in the Lord.  He can overcome any physical challenge, up to and including death itself.   I will pray that you get better and have a good year hunting.  

p.s:  Cool (8) pages.  Hopefully a few more votes will come in to make the poll more accurate.

Seriously! Bitterness, jealousy, feeling sorry for myself? You are clueless! I do my best to over come my issues, I don't feel sorry for myself you dolt ( now there's a personal attack ) you are the one passing judgment right now. Pay attention son! What attacks? I am being dead on honest. Go shoot a button buck from your window with a crossbow. Enjoy the rest of your night. I am out, I have to get up early to hunt turkey and I don't have the luxury of hunting anything from my windows. Best of luck to you if you get out after turkeys, try not to post a pic of someone else's bird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

You and Buckmaster sound like a born fighters, who hunt primarily for the challenge.  I don't have a problem with that and I would be happier if there was more like you.  It is too bad that this poll indicates that the antler craze may be in decline.  I was born a killer, who seeks to minimize the challenge, and I kill mainly for food.  Fortunately, we live in a state where there are plenty of deer for all of us.  

By the way, last year's crossbow buck was also a 3-1/2 year old, according to the skull size (slightly larger than the one on the left on the page 6 photo).  Is that mature for you ?  I had thought it was just a stout 2-1/2 year old, until I did the euro and compared the skull size.  The PA chest-girth measurement / body weight conversion also matches up to a 3-1/2 year old, per the NY state hunting regulation book. 

I did post a kill shot of that one with me in it, on the back of my wife's mini-van, in the crossbow section.  The busted up rack was nothing special, but that is ok.  Antlers do not mean too much to me.  Now I can find something better to do with the $500 that a shoulder mount would have cost.  That will buy a lot of fertilizer and diesel fuel.   That sucker sure did have some meat on it.  We just finished the last pack of grind from it last week and still have (5) roasts an a  couple packs of backstrap left in the freezer from it.  

Our food supply looks pretty good at this point, with that and (2) more average-sized deer remaining.  We should have plenty to last until the fall when the new ones start coming in if the Lord chooses to bless us again as He always has.   A button buck sure would be nice because I am almost forgetting how good they are.  Have you ever tried one ?

There is something to be said for milk on the lips.  That could be why they taste so good.  I know for a fact, that General Eisenhower dominated the PA beef competitions, back in the early 1960's, with his black-angus steers that were finished on Holstein milk.  Maybe Buckmaster could try that trick with his, since he don't care for venison.          

That buck was 140lbs soaking wet and 21/2 max.  You like to use all kinds of fake crap to weigh this and age that and you are so far off you just keep showing what you really DONT KNOW about deer and deer hunting. Feel free to throw a scale pic up and some teeth and then maybe we would believe you. Until then keep the show going because you really are a joke to listen to.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 4:29 AM, wolc123 said:

How many people work and pay taxes for sufficient property, surrounding their houses, to hunt on ?

land taxes are dirt cheap unless you're very close to a city. With no disrespect meant, I bet many of us pay far more in tax on less than an acre property than those fortunate enough to live further out in God's country. 

Sometimes the real sacrifice is giving up a better paying job or nicer house or shorter commute to live in a place that does afford you a lot of land.