How many of you have....

mowin

Gone through your gear for the umteenth time.  You know it's ready, but you still do it.  

Think I'll go check mine again.. even though I used it last weekend for youth season. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

Gone through your gear for the umteenth time.  You know it's ready, but you still do it.  

Think I'll go check mine again.. even though I used it last weekend for youth season. 

Yup , I write down everything I /we need.  Pack the vest and car and don’t leave the driveway until that list is all checked off.  My vest stays very consistent though.  

Ever since my kidds were born, Im always last minute and forget something. Im good for that! lol. They consume me. But as long as i have my mouth calls, and my crystal, and custom slate pot calls. My gun and ammo.. Im good. Decoys.. meh.. they piss me off more every year. I try to do the opposite of what everyone around me does. Speaking of that, i do need to get the 12ga shells out of my vest since ill be toting the 20 this spring. Tomorrow ill get it around .. home with my kids all day. 

32 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Ever since my kidds were born, Im always last minute and forget something. Im good for that! lol. They consume me. But as long as i have my mouth calls, and my crystal, and custom slate pot calls. My gun and ammo.. Im good. Decoys.. meh.. they piss me off more every year. I try to do the opposite of what everyone around me does. Speaking of that, i do need to get the 12ga shells out of my vest since ill be toting the 20 this spring. Tomorrow ill get it around .. home with my kids all day. 

write it down! or do it now! lol or else you'll be trying to stuff those 12 's into the 20 on tues!    

This should arrive tomorrow. Looks perfect for what I was looking for. Holds 2 slates , 3 strikers , box call , holds 5 rounds , locator call pocket , detectable pack with game pouch , mouthcall pocket. . Had the same vest forever. Vest at times seems cumbersome and bulky. Looked at a bunch of actual vests and truly wondered who designed them , Ray Charles ?! Pockets seem well placed and reviews are pretty good. We shall see soon enough. Thinking I’ll go buy a thermacell at cabelas today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AF51AA9D-FBBB-499B-A48B-B8367EF57A61.png

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

went thru my turkey stuff and pulled out an old backpack i have since replaced with another one.  And i found my turkey tags for 2012 - that i thought i had lost and went and got replacement tags that year. lol.  

I have to buy the replacement tags just about every year lol. "I am not a smart man, Jenny"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

This should arrive tomorrow. Looks perfect for what I was looking for. Holds 2 slates , 3 strikers , box call , holds 5 rounds , locator call pocket , detectable pack with game pouch , mouthcall pocket. . Had the same vest forever. Vest at times seems cumbersome and bulky. Looked at a bunch of actual vests and truly wondered who designed them , Ray Charles ?! Pockets seem well placed and reviews are pretty good. We shall see soon enough. Thinking I’ll go buy a thermacell at cabelas today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AF51AA9D-FBBB-499B-A48B-B8367EF57A61.png

TF that vest looks great except no padded seat and that fanny pack would be in the way when sitting up against a tree. Although you usually sit in a blind so I assume you're on a chair and take the vest off? I like the fact that it is very open, my vest is a full vest and walking out on a warm day it gets hot. I just went through my stuff getting ready for drive to Little Valley on Monday, can't wait!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

TF that vest looks great except no padded seat and that fanny pack would be in the way when sitting up against a tree. Although you usually sit in a blind so I assume you're on a chair and take the vest off? I like the fact that it is very open, my vest is a full vest and walking out on a warm day it gets hot. I just went through my stuff getting ready for drive to Little Valley on Monday, can't wait!!

Fanny pack zips off and doubtful I’ll use it. Have used pop up blind last two years for the kid. We’re going stick blind in front of her this year. I just sit my butt down up against a tree on a strut chair.  Gobbles through the hills of little valley gotta be a glorious sound. 

• Like 2

I must be the only guy that hasent looked at my hunting gear much at all yet. All Ive done is wash my clothes again and condition my crystal call again.  Ive had tests the last 2 weeks and have an organic chemistry test on Tuesday so I wont be packing my car for turkey season till I come home from that. 

Just putting a slate and 2 strikers in my pocket this year.. I dont like staying out till noon and hate carrying stuff. Face mask is sewn into hat wear gloves ..good to go. No action by 8 am have ground to work and other things to do.

I drove up to Canada and discovered that I forgot my camo hat, my crow call and my long johns..

Borrowed a hat from Gator, bought some cheap track pants at Giant Tiger to substitute for thermal bottoms, and so far I haven't needed the crow call...

• Like 2

Been busy with new job, doing things for kids for school and preparing one kid for a two week foreign study trip and looked at the date - oops time to check gear and retreat with Sawyers.  One time i did leave the house without most of my calls. luckily I keep one or two mouth calls stashed just in case. Once it was a very short trip out - left the parking permit home.

Being they are calling for the temps in 80's, thinking shorts?

4 minutes ago, Two Track said:

Been busy with new job, doing things for kids for school and preparing one kid for a two week foreign study trip and looked at the date - oops time to check gear and retreat with Sawyers.  One time i did leave the house without most of my calls. luckily I keep one or two mouth calls stashed just in case. Once it was a very short trip out - left the parking permit home.

Being they are calling for the temps in 80's, thinking shorts?

It won’t be in the 80’s from first gobble til noon anytime soon unless you’re hunting Florida Osceolas