How many of you have....

mowin

I had to come home early from work, so I took the opportunity to get some of my stuff set up for opener.  I even washed my decoys.  Still need to sight in gun with the new choke tube, that is on tomorrows list.  One year I forgot to change the choke, I had left in a choke from goose season.  Of course, missed a bird and I blamed the wrong choke tube for it.  I wont forget again.  

I just checked my pack.

TP - check

Bino's - check

Ammo - check

Head lamp ( fresh batteries ) - check

Zip Ties - check

Calls - check

Pens - check

Small length of rope - check

Face Mask - check

Gloves - check

Bug Spray - check

Tags - check

( will put my release and arm guard in and swap out ammo for different days depending what I hunt with on given day, but opening morning it will be the 12GA )

Other items:

Mini Folding Chair - check ( almost always in the truck anyway )

Blind - no check | opting for a length of camo burlap instead

But, I usually don't carry my pack. I fit things into pockets. But with the really warm temps I may have to carry the pack as I loose pocket space not wearing my coat. I have some WEB Gear and a TAC vest I used for hiking years ago, but can't seem to find either. Must be in the shed, I will look on Sunday.

It's almost go time! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mowin said:

Will be there tomorrow afternoon to see if I can grab one.  

They fold up nice and have a shoulder carry strap.  I looked at them and went and got some groceries and walked by them again and there was only two of the five left there so figured I better get one. Getting old a nice back on the chair is a plus.  Lol.  Thought it was a good deal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

They fold up nice and have a shoulder carry strap.  I looked at them and went and got some groceries and walked by them again and there was only two of the five left there so figured I better get one. Getting old a nice back on the chair is a plus.  Lol.  Thought it was a good deal. 

Daughter and I have 2 from cabelas    Shoulder strap way too short for me and it’s always sliding off my shoulder. But the chair is very comfy and gets you off the ground a few inches and makes it ideal for me to rest my gun on my knee for a shot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

After seeing this, I may have to stop by wally's and grab one too. Like you say, the old back, will thank me for it later on! Will come in handy this fall too! Much more comfy than a milk crate! I aint getting any younger! hehehe.

• Like 1

Just a reminder to have everyone treat their hunting clothes with Sawyers! Those nasty crawly's will be out in full force! 

12 hours ago, Rob... said:

I just checked my pack.

TP - check

Bino's - check

Ammo - check

Head lamp ( fresh batteries ) - check

Zip Ties - check

Calls - check

Pens - check

Small length of rope - check

Face Mask - check

Gloves - check

Bug Spray - check

Tags - check

( will put my release and arm guard in and swap out ammo for different days depending what I hunt with on given day, but opening morning it will be the 12GA )

Other items:

Mini Folding Chair - check ( almost always in the truck anyway )

Blind - no check | opting for a length of camo burlap instead

But, I usually don't carry my pack. I fit things into pockets. But with the really warm temps I may have to carry the pack as I loose pocket space not wearing my coat. I have some WEB Gear and a TAC vest I used for hiking years ago, but can't seem to find either. Must be in the shed, I will look on Sunday.

It's almost go time! 

Rob, not sure where your headed, I know you occasionally hunt Black Creek area. Saw a bunch of turkeys cross the road there, last night after work. Couple of nice Tom's too. It can get crowded there though. Anyways, good luck!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Where did you find these at Walmart? I checked 2 stores in Williamsville and lockport didn't see them. I even checked on line can't find them?

Cabelas has their  version in stock in Cheektowaga.  Saw them yesterday when I picked up a  thermacell. $25 or 30 I think 

23 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Where did you find these at Walmart? I checked 2 stores in Williamsville and lockport didn't see them. I even checked on line can't find them?

Bought what I think is exact same thing at a local ACE hardware for 19 on sale.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24613806&KPID=16955570&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Outdr_Function_Furniture1&pla=pla_16955570&k_clickid=73382315-5132-462e-b974-decdd91ee39f&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiZDv3Ire2gIVyiaGCh2qhgaTEAQYBCABEgJ7HvD_BwE

11 hours ago, grampy said:

Just a reminder to have everyone treat their hunting clothes with Sawyers! Those nasty crawly's will be out in full force! 

Rob, not sure where your headed, I know you occasionally hunt Black Creek area. Saw a bunch of turkeys cross the road there, last night after work. Couple of nice Tom's too. It can get crowded there though. Anyways, good luck!

That's my plan B grampy, been over there a few times peeking, the areas I really like are a tad flooded out right now. It's a bit thick to try and buy a kayak to hunt from. LOL