attorney for speeding ticket in Clarence?

goosifer

Unless your gonna lose license due to too many tickets an attorney will cost more than the fine. I would contact DA office and ask if they would be lenient if you took the defensive driving class.  A lot of times locals will downgrade ticket to a non moving violation and just charge you the court fee.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just go to court hat in hand, they’ll reduce it for you to a non moving violation. Where’d you get it? County or Goodrich lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ransom Rd, northbound crossing over the 90

8 over is NBD............you'll have nothing to sweat.

In the future, do the same.  :)

Hard to believe he wrote you up for that..............I got pinched last year on Goodrich.  Faster MPH but I don't recall exactly.  Maybe 15 over?

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

8 over is NBD............you'll have nothing to sweat.

In the future, do the same.  :)

Hard to believe he wrote you up for that..............I got pinched last year on Goodrich.  Faster MPH but I don't recall exactly.  Maybe 15 over?

the officer alleged that the radar indicated I was doing 50 mph, and was giving me a break at 43. <shoulder shrug>

Edited by goosifer

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

Plead not guilty and go get it dropped down by the town attorney, really not worth getting a lawyer unless you have a bunch of tickets.

I usually don't agree with doewhacker on much but I do on this occasion . :rolleyes:Plead Not Guilty and it probably be down graded to something like "Failure to Obey a Traffic Sign" or something similar . They don't want to go to trial on something this small . You would still pay the same amount for the fine plus the sur-charge . That has been my experience . The Town attorney in Walworth even asked me if I would agree to plead to the lesser charge would would not put points on my license . Hopefully this would work out for you .

• Thanks 1

I hear what everyone is saying, and I appreciate the input. My wife, based on her experiences with her son when he was younger, insists I should hire a lawyer and let them take care of it prior to the court date. I guess I could do like Robhuntandfish suggested and contact the DA office prior to the court date. OTOH, from a risk/return perspective, I don't mind paying more (for a lawyer) to lower the chance of getting points on my license. I know, I know, I'm a wimp.

Send in the ticket and mark it not guilty. They will give  you a court date and you will see to town attorney or a assistant district attorney. they will plead it down to a parking ticket and charge you a ton. but no points on your license and they keep the $$ instead of it going to the state. It's very routine as long as you don't have any outstanding warrants or a lot of points on your license. If that's the case you're SCREWED!!!

Edited by 2012_taco
spelling/ grammer
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I hear what everyone is saying, and I appreciate the input. My wife, based on her experiences with her son when he was younger, insists I should hire a lawyer and let them take care of it prior to the court date. I guess I could do like Robhuntandfish suggested and contact the DA office prior to the court date. OTOH, from a risk/return perspective, I don't mind paying more (for a lawyer) to lower the chance of getting points on my license. I know, I know, I'm a wimp.

I got nabbed going 81 in a 55 and didn't receive any points  ,before i took the plea deal ,i was looking at 6 points , pleaded guilty to J walking and no points.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Like others said send in not guilty as long as it's close by and go to court date.  Take the def driving class online for $50 (also get 10℅off ins for 3 years) and take that to court date.  And ypur pretty much guaranteed to have it reduced.  Some townships you can call and speak to DA others want nothing to do with that and will tell you to just come in for the court date and they meet with you then.  If you have DDC certificate with you, done deal.  Out for about $100.  Esp with a ticket at less than 10 mph over limit.  

• Thanks 1

You could plead NG do as the others have said and talk to the ada prior, also the reason some plead NG is they hope the cop won’t show up, he gets OT for going so good luck with that route . Plus when they give a break like writing you below your true speed and you plead NG they tend to always so up.....

Points don’t mean much unless you got a few already , years ago our youngest  rear ended a car and got a ticket, we have two attorneys in family who practice in the same county, one wrote the DA and her ticket went from 3 to 2 points, her insurance never went up and she was 16.

Unless it meant my license I’d never pay an attorney for tickets .

Few years back I was stopped on Thruway ( Corfu ) 80 in 65 , Trooper wrote me for no seatbelt instead, I plead guilty my Mail and wrote a letter of apology to the court, which reduced it to a ten dollar parking ticket .

if you don’t already have points on license I’d save the hundreds on the attorney, in this ticket there’s not much he can do that you can’t .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goosifer said:

Ransom Rd, northbound crossing over the 90

They always sit there near the old folks home.  Go to court if the cop doesn't show up ticket will be dropped.  You can also pull the sign trick & tell them their signs are illegal;  not the correct height, wrong distance from the edge of the road, put together with the wrong type of bolts(need to be break away bolts) etc..  These are all state rules/laws for installing road signs, they are breaking the laws if the signs are installed wrong. All those temp. signs(stop, yield) in mall parking lots are all illegal according to state laws. 

Edited by hunter49
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They tend to always show, when they already gave him a break by writing him for less then his true speed, plus some courts will except a written deposition if he can’t make it .

Some officers will tell you at the stop, “I’m writing for lower , if you plead NG ,I’ll be there and talk to the judge .....”  He May get lucky sure some do, or it may backfire .

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

They tend to always show, when they already gave him a break by writing him for less then his true speed, plus some courts will except a written deposition if he can’t make it .

Some officers will tell you at the stop, “I’m writing for lower , if you plead NG ,I’ll be there and talk to the judge .....”  He May get lucky sure some do, or it may backfire .

Yeah, the backfire part is what I'm worried about, i.e., I plead not guilty and the DA doesn't offer me a plea deal. That's why I was thinking hiring a lawyer to take care of it before the court date when the sheriff is there might be the safer way to go.