Too Many Guns?

Hi, my name is Hunter and I am a Gunaholic. Or gun hoarder. While I own a good number of guns I can always see the benefit of having another. My pistol collection was getting too big so I decided to sell a few. When looking through my stuff I found three boxes of ammo for one of the intended sale guns. Naturally I thought I might as well go to the range and shoot it and it's little brother too. So I take my CZ 70 in 7.65 or .32 cal to the range and fall back in love. This is basically a clone of the Walther ppk I believe and I'm keeping it. Next up is my .25 Beretta and even though it's a tiny gun it works perfectly and you can carry it when you wouldn't take anything else. Whose crazy idea was it to sell these? Obviously the problem is I need a bigger safe.

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’m in a slump......sadly, I can’t remember the last one I bought. 

I think I’ve turned a corner. 

I'm not buying too much either, just still looking for a good buy I could flip if wanted; but thinned downed the herd a few years ago when I needed to finance a trip.:rolleyes:

Problem right now is hunt fund, gun fund, and taxidermy fund are the same thing, and my piggy bank is low.:sorry:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I'm not buying too much either, just still looking for a good buy I could flip if wanted; but thinned downed the herd a few years ago when I needed to finance a trip.:rolleyes:

Problem right now is hunt fund, gun fund, and taxidermy fund are the same thing, and my piggy bank is low.:sorry:

Yea, nothing really on the radar for me at this time.  That said, my buddy has a S&W Model 63 that he'd sell me if/when I want it.  The deal wouldn't be outstanding but fair for both of us.  I certainly don't need it but have always lusted after one. I don't shoot my S&W 317, 422, Beretta, Ruger Mk II, Heritage Arms or H&R (yea, all .22's) either.  May as well add another..... :scare:

I should sell some shotguns and rifles but these days it's such a PIA.

4 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’m in a slump......sadly, I can’t remember the last one I bought. 

I think I’ve turned a corner. 

Don’t worry, I turned the corner the other way. 

New ML around Xmas and I’ll be ordering a BLR in 358 this week or next. 

And I still want a bolt in 7-08, left handed of course. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yea, nothing really on the radar for me at this time.  That said, my buddy has a S&W Model 63 that he'd sell me if/when I want it.  The deal wouldn't be outstanding but fair for both of us.  I certainly don't need it but have always lusted after one. I don't shoot my S&W 317, 422, Beretta, Ruger Mk II, Heritage Arms or H&R (yea, all .22's) either.  May as well add another..... :scare:

I should sell some shotguns and rifles but these days it's such a PIA.

I handled one of the Barrett Fieldcraft bolt guns the other day. Another entry in the sub 6 lb lightweight market. Timney trigger, Talley LW Rings, blind magazine. Similar in price to Kimber ADK series. Interesting, stock fit me well.

I have some trade bait and have dealt with this dealer several times; may get rid of last of junk in safe for a spell, but need to read some more feed back about them.

So there's always something.

Like to find a 380 auto carry gun too.

7 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I handled one of the Barrett Fieldcraft bolt guns the other day. Another entry in the sub 6 lb lightweight market. Timney trigger, Talley LW Rings, blind magazine. Similar in price to Kimber ADK series. Interesting, stock fit me well.

I have some trade bait and have dealt with this dealer several times; may get rid of last of junk in safe for a spell, but need to read some more feed back about them.

So there's always something.

Like to find a 380 auto carry gun too.

I'm glad Barrett doesn't offer the Fieldcraft in LH......I'd have been sucked in just out of principle.  They are great looking guns that are getting unreal reviews for build quality, reliability and accuracy.  BUY ONE SO I CAN FONDLE IT.

Crappers......you just reminded me, I have some interest in a Glock 43 too.

Oh hell, I guess I don't have too many guns anyway. :)

32 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

And I still want a bolt in 7-08, left handed of course. 

Tikka, hands down.

If I had a half a brain, I'd peddle almost all my guns and buy a Tikka LH 7mm-08 and take the cash difference and buy a ______________. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm glad Barrett doesn't offer the Fieldcraft in LH......I'd have been sucked in just out of principle.  They are great looking guns that are getting unreal reviews for build quality, reliability and accuracy.  BUY ONE SO I CAN FONDLE IT.

BGC have one?

I'd be curious what you thought. Stock is wide at the top of the comb and high enough for me and usually factory I have to pad up to make them work. Tikka is OK, Kimber is better but not as good. 

Medium game to 400 yds, light and compact for backpack at elevation. 308 win or 6.5x55 swede?

49 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

BGC have one?

I'd be curious what you thought. Stock is wide at the top of the comb and high enough for me and usually factory I have to pad up to make them work. Tikka is OK, Kimber is better but not as good. 

Medium game to 400 yds, light and compact for backpack at elevation. 308 win or 6.5x55 swede?

I checked a month ago and they (BGC) barely heard of them!

The Montana I gave to dad just wouldn't work for me at all even if the bolt was on the OTHER side.  I didn't like it at all..........

Tikka on the other hand fits very well.

The Swede or a Creedmore would be my choice over the .308. Guys sure are bonkers over the CM.

i don't have as many guns as others.  still in my early 30's too though.  i've got had an itch for pistols for carry, hunting, and comp... right now i've got a Sig 365 carry gun, Volquartsen Custom Scorpion 22LR with compensator and target frame, and S&W Performance Center 44mag (hunting setup of some kind) on my mind.  Shotguns i'm probably good but i've had an itch for a nice over/under.  Rifles i've had an itch for a rim fire for a while as i've never had a rimfire rifle of my own. Looking at the Volquartsen Superlite 17HMR semi-auto as i also want enough HP to pop the chucks with less noise. Always looking for a flat shooting less recoil hunting setup for taking others out and just for fun.  Always been open to a nice bigger bore lever gun too.  I'm glad i've apparently got commitment issues.

14 hours ago, hunter said:

Dinsdale , I have a glock 42 in.380 for sale willing to trade if interested.

Just started poking around, let me check one out in hand and I'll see. I know its a bit bigger than some of the competitors I was thinking of.

14 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I checked a month ago and they (BGC) barely heard of them!

The Montana I gave to dad just wouldn't work for me at all even if the bolt was on the OTHER side.  I didn't like it at all..........

Tikka on the other hand fits very well.

The Swede or a Creedmore would be my choice over the .308. Guys sure are bonkers over the CM.

Huh.....would have thought one of the wholesalers would have put one on the shelf there.

I'm thinking Swede right now.

My brother just got a 6.5 Creedmore and I can't wait to shoot it. Dinsdale good luck with the search, I actually find the Glock too small and I don't have big hands. I have an offer from a store of $300 cash and more if I take inventory so no worries. I probably won't do the deal for a week while I figure out my trade options. dbHunter don't worry I didn't really go gun crazy till was in my 40s. Until then I was happy with having enough guns to hunt the game I was after and a handful of pistols. Imagine that lol. Rob all good choices it's really a matter of which one is first. Silent death outstanding I'm doing my best to catch up. ATbuckhunter a great philosophy to live by.

2 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

May want to back off telling people how many guns you have ..... Just a Thought !

...u don't think the state knows how many guns people own right 4473's don't just dissapear like people think they do just saying

Edited by silent death