Campfire at home?

Bionic

Very nice! Wife and I where outside with a fire for a bit tonight until some wasp or something dive-bombed me and stung me right on my wrist. It returned for round two and I got a good shot in on it but we decided to cut our loses and head inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Rob... said:

You have a lovely yard Jeremy. The only thing missing is a live band. Maybe that's on for next weekend.

That's not my yard , it is gorgeous though ,right on the river ,you can see all the lights from the falls in the other direction. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

My work in progress.  Hope to finish this weekend.  Gotta finish pergola roof and block in rest of fire pit.  

Then fireside with a beer just in time for some cooler weather I hope.  

rps20180828_053957.jpg

Nice idea Rob, those blocks should last a long time being shielded like that.

Ok , I’m retired and when I was working I never cared about rec fires, but folks would call them in a lot . It’s often because of a neighbor issue, they don’t like you , you’re to loud ,the smoke bothers them and so on.

So you guys will know what’s what’s and how to handle it. NYS code, a rec fire just on the ground, has to be 25 feet from a structure, and shed and fences count , if it’s in a pit 15 feet I don’t carry a tape measure either  . There must be a means to,put it out . I’d ask if there was a garden hose hooked up to the house  , the dumb ones would say no..... I’d ask again . Oh and size is 3 foot diameter, with a 2foot high pile , max . Again I never cared but that’s the code. In the city we’d have folks burning old dresser draws on the apartment parking lot,that’s mostly the type we put out .

It can’t be left unattended, it must be put out when you go inside for the night . We never went looking for,them and frankly hated going for them , it is ALWAYS a neighbor complaint , so,invite them or at least get along .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I would love to know what that is like. Wind here has been 30-40mph all week and most of the winter:asciidity:

Ugh, i am not a fan of wind, we have huge pines here, and it scares me to be honest.  We have had some windy days, but lately it has been a bit more settled.