Campfire at home?

Bionic

41 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

we have a burn ban still in place in our area.  But this weekend is a washout anyway but really wanted to have a fire Friday night and grill out.  So much for that .  

Rain alll weekend agaiiin

i don’t know for sure, but I thought the burn ban was for open burning like brush, leaves debris, not campfire contained within certain dimensions, but not positive.

Edited by Bionic

39 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Rain alll weekend agaiiin

i don’t know for sure, but I thought the burn ban was for open burning like brush, leaves debris, not campfire contained within certain dimensions, but not positive.

not sure just got an email on it in March https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/116481.html

But after all this rain if we get a friday night its not pouring gonna go for it! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

not sure just got an email on it in March https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/116481.html

From the press release:

DEC Announces Brush Burning Prohibited in New York State March 16 through May 14

"Campfires using charcoal or untreated wood are allowed, but people should never leave such fires unattended and must extinguish them. Burning garbage or leaves is prohibited year-round."

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Is that galvanized?

That is what it looked like to me and what I was going to comment on. I would never use galvanized in a situation like that. The smoke and fumes are very poisonous and there is no way I'd ever let any food to be cooked over it, even if I thought the coating had burned off. Just not worth the risk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That is what it looked like to me and what I was going to comment on. I would never use galvanized in a situation like that. The smoke and fumes are very poisonous and there is no way I'd ever let any food to be cooked over it, even if I thought the coating had burned off. Just not worth the risk. 

Def was not planning on cooking on it at all.  Thanks for the info though. Didn't realize that. 

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Def was not planning on cooking on it at all.  Thanks for the info though. Didn't realize that. 

in a good fire you will hit the temps to burn the galvanizing.  Google burning galvanized coating. I can't believe for the life of me that tractor supply is selling that. Sure seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

15 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

in a good fire you will hit the temps to burn the galvanizing.  Google burning galvanized coating. I can't believe for the life of me that tractor supply is selling that. Sure seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Seems all the box stores sell them. https://www.homedepot.com/p/36-in-Galvanized-Round-Fire-Ring-97869VGDHD/207051893

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I just had a bear come through about 20 minutes prior to firing up the pit, then a deer deer comes through....I love this place.

7BBBA980-2B5F-4E79-85DE-48D3A4E1D6DA.jpeg

New challenge this summer! Instead of deer selfies from stand... Campfire deer selfie... Great shot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kpkot said:

New challenge this summer! Instead of deer selfies from stand... Campfire deer selfie... Great shot!

I was sooooo close to a bear pic! If i had only been out here 15-20 mins sooner, it would be a bear by the fire! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Just did a quick stop and grab on the way home today past a local dumping ground for cut trees for the summer outside burns
923c15c8eeff985d9db657bcaea3a7b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it split up for a night of fire, tomorrow is Fireday, I mean Friday 

• Like 2