Best group so far

Loving this rifle. 6.5 grendel, 20" barrel. First time shooting for a group with the larue 2 stage trigger in it. My son shot it for the first time too. At 300 yards he kept 5 shots on a target. The app i use is called Range Buddy. Next, the scope is being upgraded sometime this summer.

Screenshot_20180506-184405_Range Buddy.jpg

20180506_175043.jpg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

It is chambered in 6.5 Grendel but what is the gun?

Nice shooting..........

Its one of those scary rifles. Pinned mag so thats clear... its a stag lower, larue 2 stage trigger, magpul prs stock, the upper i bought from grendelhunter.com, 20" heavy s.s. saturn barrel, topped with a leupold vx3 3.5-10.

20180506_174933.jpg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, grampy said:

Very good shooting at 300 yards!  Pretty sweet rifle too!  Always nice to see the young guns on the bench also!

Are you going to be reloading your own 6.5 ammo?

I do plan on reloading. Still need to get the dies, but before deer season id like to have some loads worked up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

naaa... i'd only buy one lower. separate note, i sure do love peanuts.

You NEED at least 2 lowers - AR15 and AR10 style to cover the many calibers now available.  Then you start pricing uppers and realize that it isn’t that much more to buy the whole rifle.  Very slippery slope DB.  Lol.  

Loving this rifle. 6.5 grendel, 20" barrel. First time shooting for a group with the larue 2 stage trigger in it. My son shot it for the first time too. At 300 yards he kept 5 shots on a target. The app i use is called Range Buddy. Next, the scope is being upgraded sometime this summer.
5aefa05a3aa1c_Screenshot_20180506-184405_RangeBuddy.thumb.jpg.b9094ea45e112d31034e3eb77e1eeea3.jpg
20180506_175043.thumb.jpg.9aa91be7156fd278bf54082fca2b8fa1.jpg

Tell me more about this range buddy app how’s it work etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the grendel because i didnt want the weight of a ar10 but wanted similar punch of a .308. The grendel fits the bill perfectly. I know it doesnt have heavy bullets like s .308 but 123g killed 2 deer last year with no problems. However since i love the ar platform i will one of these days put a ar10 together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Tell me more about this range buddy app how’s it work etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free download, it has a tutorial so u can figure out all the icons. Still a little confusing since this was only the second time using it. But take a pic of your target, tap icon to set a measurement, so i measured from 1 horizontal line to the one above it 1". Now it has that set u mark your bullet impacts and hit one of the buttons...forgot which one but it calculates all your measurements for group size, moa. Im still learning it but so far so good.

37 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I went with the grendel because i didnt want the weight of a ar10 but wanted similar punch of a .308. The grendel fits the bill perfectly. I know it doesnt have heavy bullets like s .308 but 123g killed 2 deer last year with no problems. However since i love the ar platform i will one of these days put a ar10 together.

Check out the dpms g2 compact hunter in 308.   Not much bigger than an AR15 and only 7lbs.  I need to get mine to the range.  You make me want to buy a 6.5 now too.  Lol

Edited by moog5050

14 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You NEED at least 2 lowers - AR15 and AR10 style to cover the many calibers now available.  Then you start pricing uppers and realize that it isn’t that much more to buy the whole rifle.  Very slippery slope DB.  Lol.  

already decided i'd go straight for the AR10 trying to justify that i'll somehow not end up with both. it'd be in 6.5 creedmoor too. can't justify getting a 308 over that.

Edited by dbHunterNY