2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

I think I saw Judge hit a 2 rum HR to win versus the Red Sox   Biz , you happen to see that ? I could be mistaken 

Wrong. Yanks were winning already.

Gotta win home games, congrats.

Like I’ve said all along, anything less than WS ring for Yanks would be major disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 of last 18 games. First time Yanks have done that in 65 years. Tonight, for the first time this year, Yankees are first place in AL east. 

Wonder what Ellsbury is thinking. He’s probably just thinking about how he can stay away and just keep collecting $25M/yr lol

• Like 1

Wrong. Yanks were winning already.

Gotta win home games, congrats.

Like I’ve said all along, anything less than WS ring for Yanks would be major disappointment

I’m pretty sure any win against the Sox makes me feel all fuzzy!

A year kicking the Sox ass and not winning a series beats a year losing to the Sox and not winning a ring!!

I can take not winning a ring as long as we are better than the Sox lol

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure any win against the Sox makes me feel all fuzzy!

A year kicking the Sox ass and not winning a series beats a year losing to the Sox and not winning a ring!!

I can take not winning a ring as long as we are better than the Sox lol

That makes zero sense. I’d gladly go 0-19 vs Yanks if it means winning another World Series

7 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

At least Ellsbury contributed in '17, he's no Sandoval though. Or Carl Crawford

If we have to cut bait in him, so be it

wasnt happy when the yanks got him.   Big contract and lots of injuries with the sox as well.  Big talent but hurt so often.  And they had Gardner then that could lead off. 

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea like Pavano and Kie Igawa

I was def disappointed in Pavano.  Thought that was gonna be a good pickup.  Hurt himself every 10 minutes it seemed.  And crazy types of injuries - ruptured spleen snow shoveling, bruised buttocks, wrecked his porshe and hurt ribs - WTH!   He did hook up with Alyssa Milano and then cashed in 40 mil as a yankee but thats not getting him in Monument park! And then has a decent career with the Twinkies!  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

19 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

After a hot start , the Mets are back to being the Mets.

Yesterday they got called for batting out of order. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

Mets typically play like Hall of Famers in April, and then like Pee Wee leaguers the rest of the season!!

I was def disappointed in Pavano.  Thought that was gonna be a good pickup.  Hurt himself every 10 minutes it seemed.  And crazy types of injuries - ruptured spleen snow shoveling, bruised buttocks, wrecked his porshe and hurt ribs - WTH!   He did hook up with Alyssa Milano and then cashed in 40 mil as a yankee but thats not getting him in Monument park! And then has a decent career with the Twinkies!  

I was actually at Pavano’s first start with Yanks at the stadium vs Red Sox. He pitched well that day and that was it lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Great game last night...,

Games like that, amongst longtime rivals, are always good for baseball.

Still think it will go down to the wire, with the Sox this year, for the AL east.

I think the Yanks might just runaway with it this year....They really have a great defense in the field and even if a couple of guys go into a slump there is just so much power at the plate...Didi is in s bit of a slump now but everyone else is hitting..,

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That makes zero sense. I’d gladly go 0-19 vs Yanks if it means winning another World Series

Well your off to a good start...........

I think the Yanks might just runaway with it this year....They really have a great defense in the field and even if a couple of guys go into a slump there is just so much power at the plate...Didi is in s bit of a slump now but everyone else is hitting..,

Actually their D is killing them. Lots of errors from the few games I seen. They gotta be bottom 20-30 in fielding

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Did you forget the Sox beat yanks 2 out of 3 in Boston this year?

Of course! I am a Yankee fan why would I want to remember that nonsense!!

• Like 1

Biz, what I would like to know is how the hell did you become a Boston Red Sox fan growing up close to NYC??  Your NY buddies who are probably Yankees or Mets fans must love you?   Honestly, we should start a collection here to ship you to Massachusetts since you like the Red Sox so much!!  One way shipment with NO return. LOL

13 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I think I saw Judge hit a 2 rum HR to win versus the Red Sox   Biz , you happen to see that ? I could be mistaken 

Judge visualized Biz's head floating towards the plate that's why he was able to get such a great cut at that pitch! LOL

Biz, what I would like to know is how the hell did you become a Boston Red Sox fan growing up close to NYC??  Your NY buddies who are probably Yankees or Mets fans must love you?   Honestly, we should start a collection here to ship you to Massachusetts since you like the Red Sox so much!!  One way shipment with NO return. LOL

Ive explained it before. Was Mets fan and loved Dykstra (still favorite player all time). Mets trades him and vowed to never root for Mets again. I didn’t care about Phillies so once Dykstra career was over, I had to pick a team. Everyone in mid 90’s loved yankees. That was too easy, so I started rooting for underdog Sox mid/late 90’s