2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ive explained it before. Was Mets fan and loved Dykstra (still favorite player all time). Mets trades him and vowed to never root for Mets again. I didn’t care about Phillies so once Dykstra career was over, I had to pick a team. Everyone in mid 90’s loved yankees. That was too easy, so I started rooting for underdog Sox mid/late 90’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks for explaining.  It's almost understandable now.  Never mind Dykstra being traded, there IS a certain stigma being a Met fan, so I will give you a pass on this one.  Some of the dorkiest looking baseball fans I've ever seen have been Mets fans, so I could understand how someone would not want to be associated with that bunch!  LOL 

• Like 1

Not happy about blowing lead, but at least we got 1 win. Thought we had good chance in all 3 games to win, but 1 is better than 0 I guess.

3-3 on the season and tied overall. and that’s it for 6 weeks now till they meet again end of June

• Like 1

23 hours ago, steve863 said:

Mets typically play like Hall of Famers in April, and then like Pee Wee leaguers the rest of the season!!

I'd be happy if their playing meaningful games in September. Right now the NL East is up for grabs , although I expect the Nats to turn it on.

I'd be happy if their playing meaningful games in September. Right now the NL East is up for grabs , although I expect the Nats to turn it on.

The Baby Braves look good, but agree it’s the Nats division to lose.

You really want to open the bad free agent signing can of worms? You have a $30MM pitcher that wont pitch against the Yankees

He will in October and be the difference, book it!

You just got dominated by Eduardo Rodriguez

Nice to finally see Sonny come around! A little run support goes a long way. The guy definitely has some dirty stuff. Hope he continues to show it through the rest of the season. We will need him come September! 

• Like 2

Regardless of individual stats, both Yankees and Red Sox, are playing great baseball right now! The two 'TEAMS' have the best win, loss record in baseball at this time. AL east, will be a battle down to the wire. Awesome for us fans! And for baseball. Looking forward to see how it all plays out!!!

only issue with Baseball is its such a long season. Already can look and see who is gonna be in the playoffs and have to go through months of games that really dont mean much.  I still watch the games but if they went to 100 game season i would be ok with this.  

lets FF to the ALCS and one off the "Pesky" pole to eliminate the Sox! 

Regardless of individual stats, both Yankees and Red Sox, are playing great baseball right now! The two 'TEAMS' have the best win, loss record in baseball at this time. AL east, will be a battle down to the wire. Awesome for us fans! And for baseball. Looking forward to see how it all plays out!!!

Astros still team to beat in my opinion!