2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

only issue with Baseball is its such a long season. Already can look and see who is gonna be in the playoffs and have to go through months of games that really dont mean much.  I still watch the games but if they went to 100 game season i would be ok with this.  
lets FF to the ALCS and one off the "Pesky" pole to eliminate the Sox! 

Not if Severino blows up in 1 game playoff and DiDi doesn’t save him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Crazy 24-4 run by Yanks but still no lead in division. Getting shelled by lowly Rangers really shows the Yanks need pitching help in order to win WS

Wouldn’t say shelled.   Side note : holy bad calls on check swings 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Crazy 24-4 run by Yanks but still no lead in division. Getting shelled by lowly Rangers really shows the Yanks need pitching help in order to win WS

not necessarily they have won the last 8 series, but everyone can always use extra pitching.  Still a long ways to go and teams will be on the market to sell at the deadline.   

not necessarily they have won the last 8 series, but everyone can always use extra pitching.  Still a long ways to go and teams will be on the market to sell at the deadline.   

Looks at Astros: Verlander, Cole, Morton. Who do Yanks have to compete with that? Playoffs are all about pitching because good pitching shuts down good hitting. Playoff baseball is totally different than regular season. You aren’t playing bad teams, you aren’t facing Number 4 and 5 starters

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Looks at Astros: Verlander, Cole, Morton. Who do Yanks have to compete with that? Playoffs are all about pitching because good pitching shuts down good hitting.

playoffs are def all about pitching but its a looong way to go yet.  its all evened up if verlander has another muscle tear etc.  The rotation come playoffs is never the same as it started in the spring.  

or if they sign a pitcher at deadline.  Rotation could be Severino, Tanaka and Hamels.  In the playoffs need 3 strong starters and can shuffle rotation enough that they take on almost all the starts. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

When you score ten runs and lose, you need some pitching help! There is some top notch trade bait in AAA Scranton, to get a big arm into the rotation. That's what they will do, before the deadline.

• Like 1

playoffs are def all about pitching but its a looong way to go yet.  its all evened up if verlander has another muscle tear etc.  The rotation come playoffs is never the same as it started in the spring.  
or if they sign a pitcher at deadline.  Rotation could be Severino, Tanaka and Hamels.  In the playoffs need 3 strong starters and can shuffle rotation enough that they take on almost all the starts. 

Severino/Sale
Tanaka/Porcello
Hamels/Price
CC/Pomeranz or E Rod

Could make for a great ALCS

• Like 1

I'm a Yankee fan but can't hate Pedroia.  Wished he was a Yankee.  
Easy to hate Manny and Pedro, but always liked Pedroia.  Glad he's back. 

But it’s easy to hate Brett Pedroia. A real disgrace to Dustin’s name.

Pedroia is probably smiling a little.  Get that deadbeat out of town......lol.   and make room for a true red sock!  
That was a terrible contract from the start.  Almost as bad as Crawford.  

Nowhere close to as bad as Crawford, although we got a WS ring after trading Crawford so I can’t complain.

Pablo was the worst one

The Spankees have one less loss.  Mathematically, you are correct.  I'm okay with the Sox having already played those 4 games, and won 3.  It's a grind.  I'm glad both teams are competitive.  I like that both teams are young.  It's good for baseball.  I still don't like "Dirty" Sanchez or "Spiker" Austin.

Edited by stubborn1VT

False. If both teams win out who wins the division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 games difference, not 1 actually.

Sox magic Number is 163 - 35 wins - 15 yanks losses = 113

Yanks magic Number is 163 - 32 wins - 16 Red Sox losses = 115

The Spankees have one less loss.  Mathematically, you are correct.  I'm okay with the Sox having already played those 4 games, and won 3.  It's a grind.  I'm glad both teams are competitive.  I like that both teams are young.  It's good for baseball.  I still don't like "Dirty" Sanchez or "Spiker" Austin.

Austin will be back in minors soon where he belongs.