2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Larry , Fatheads brewing is your quest. Put out great iPas 

Thanks I’ll try . Wife’s best  freinds cousin lives there and we meet up,with him, and another Roch FF texted me he’s going there as well . I told him where I’m staying ( station square, Sheraton) gives Gov discount , so he is booking there too . So it’s getting kind of crazy .....

well we’re staying in Station Square, it looks close ,perhaps Sunday breakfast.....

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sox are better all around   Boone not so great for yanks.  That hurt to say Biz 

Yanks definitely need a spark. I don't think Boone is capable of giving it. Doesn't seem like anyone on that team is stepping up.

I agree. At this point of the season Sox are the better team. 

Yeah, it hurts to say that.

yeah ,well I have my give my 2 cents well, I went two weeks ago  tonite to yankee stadium for the mets vs the yankees first $40 to park the car then all I want was a damn hot dog and a diet coke well I see some guy cutting beef and the line is like 45 mins long to get some kind of steak sandwich [this was field level oh yeah I was told if you want a hot dog you gotta go up to the cheap seats] well I get on a short line and get a burger fries and a diet coke[well good thing mikey bloomberg's not around anymore and I could get a coke bigger than 16 ozs]$30 and this is $70 before I even sat down on top of the $115 I paid for the tickets. Well the burger was over cooked so when I went to get another coke I asked the girl there why was the burger was cooked so hard and she says oh we have cook it to 160degs as per health dept regs food police telling me how I have to get my burger. Long story short I will NEVER EVER  go to that !!@$#% hole again bring back the old stadium. sorry if I offended anyone but I needed to vent

• Like 1

yeah ,well I have my give my 2 cents well, I went two weeks ago  tonite to yankee stadium for the mets vs the yankees first $40 to park the car then all I want was a damn hot dog and a diet coke well I see some guy cutting beef and the line is like 45 mins long to get some kind of steak sandwich [this was field level oh yeah I was told if you want a hot dog you gotta go up to the cheap seats] well I get on a short line and get a burger fries and a diet coke[well good thing mikey bloomberg's not around anymore and I could get a coke bigger than 16 ozs]$30 and this is $70 before I even sat down on top of the $115 I paid for the tickets. Well the burger was over cooked so when I went to get another coke I asked the girl there why was the burger was cooked so hard and she says oh we have cook it to 160degs as per health dept regs food police telling me how I have to get my burger. Long story short I will NEVER EVER  go to that !!@$#% hole again bring back the old stadium. sorry if I offended anyone but I needed to vent

I’m planning on hitting three stadiums this summer...coors field for the Rockies vs Dodgers, Camden yard and (my most anticipated) Williamsport, Pa for the Little League World Series. My boys are trying to double down on Nationals too while we do Camden...would be cool to do a day game at one and a night game at the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’m planning on hitting three stadiums this summer...coors field for the Rockies vs Dodgers, Camden yard and (my most anticipated) Williamsport, Pa for the Little League World Series. My boys are trying to double down on Nationals too while we do Camden...would be cool to do a day game at one and a night game at the other.

Coors Field is awesome. I been there a bunch of times since my Uncle lives in Boulder. I went to 4 games at 4 stadiums this year:

Fenway - Food/drink always great.
Yankees Stadium - long lines for shitty food and crap beer choices.
Citi Field - great food and 50+ beer choices and short lines.
Nationals - way better than Yankees Stadium but not on same level as citi and fenway but nice stadium overall.

4 hours ago, ny hunter said:

I love going Citi Field... They did a great job when it was rebuilt !

me too I park under the highway for free and go to McFadden's before the game sometimes to eat and my friends have some drinks. then I always go the the fan walk to see my grandfathers brick[ best money I ever spent] its such a different atmosphere .Its funny I was in mcfaddens and the pin man came in [hes a guy lit up like a Christmas tree with all the pins on him] and hes starts talking with us  about matt Harvey and now im not much of a fan just like to go to the games w/ my friends and im talking about the guy like I know him personally yeah they should bust him to the minors blah blah I don't even know what the guy looks like .I mean I still got it man could I fling the b/s.

• Like 3

Well Cards, won, seats we’re good,, but was it ever hot .Hung outside before as  they had a band playing outside the  park in the street   drank some Iron City ( when in Rome ) . Tomorrow is a day game and 90 degrees , luckily our seats are in some area that has access to inside bars ,  which we can watch from to beat the heat .

When we want to see the Yankees we go to Toronto, last time was ten years ago or so. $29 to sit a few rows back from their dugout , our kids got two Yankee autographs.

712A6417-101F-4B60-926E-685094002445.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

Well Matt Carpenter has homered in both games ! Today we’re higher but in some special area with wider padded seats, mich better food and beer . 

Can watch from inside in leather chairs if weather is an issue .

951D8B31-3749-4BE4-84EF-BD3D30A27ACF.jpeg

519E8109-BF10-40BF-8BFE-B81EA82F92CA.jpeg

• Like 1

He will because there’s no pressure, Judge or Sanchez 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who’s Sanchez? No pressure because yanks are missing 1 starter?

Massive pressure for Price to finally show he can do something vs Yanks

Who’s Sanchez? No pressure because yanks are missing 1 starter?

Massive pressure for Price to finally show he can do something vs Yanks

Sanchez is the guy with five HR in twelve AB against Price. As expected , there's nothing on the line so that overpaid baby pitched well at home

Sanchez is the guy with five HR in twelve AB against Price. As expected , there's nothing on the line so that overpaid baby pitched well at home

Sanchez is also the guy who isn’t playing right now because he stinks. He’s not hurt