2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

If Happ wants to do something great for the fans of baseball, he should bury his first pitch square in the small Betts’ back-gotta strike first with that crap since bench warnings will be issued immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta be kidding?  And you coach?  

I get what you're saying about the warnings, but that's some BS.

If Happ wants to do something great for the fans of baseball, he should bury his first pitch square in the small Betts’ back-gotta strike first with that crap since bench warnings will be issued immediately.

Happ owns the Sox........until tonight?

You gotta be kidding?  And you coach?  
I get what you're saying about the warnings, but that's some BS.

Maybe I am kidding as per my MO. But maybe, just maybe(quoting L.C.K- MeToo accussee) it’s part of the game. I didn’t say throw at his head...geez!

Ask any real baseball player about being thrown at or throwing at a hitter. Badge of respect for the thrower and receiver - sorry if you do not like that part of the game.

One quick story- championship game in a big tourney and we are getting SMOKED(no hit; down by a bakers dozen). Our 4 hitter hits a rocket double to left center. Next time up he gets plunked in the ass. The whole way down the line he is smiling at the pitcher who is smiling right back and the pitcher then tips his cap as does the 4 hitter.
13U baseball players who fully understood what just happened.

But like I said, I kid a lot...but maybe just maybe not about baseball...or maybe I do?

There goes my shot at being a SC Justice!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Maybe I am kidding as per my MO. But maybe, just maybe(quoting L.C.K- MeToo accussee) it’s part of the game. I didn’t say throw at his head...geez!

Ask any real baseball player about being thrown at or throwing at a hitter. Badge of respect for the thrower and receiver - sorry if you do not like that part of the game.

One quick story- championship game in a big tourney and we are getting SMOKED(no hit; down by a bakers dozen). Our 4 hitter hits a rocket double to left center. Next time up he gets plunked in the ass. The whole way down the line he is smiling at the pitcher who is smiling right back and the pitcher then tips his cap as does the 4 hitter.

But like I said, I kid a lot...but maybe just maybe not about baseball...or maybe I do?

My 14 yo grandson plays travel ball, spring and fall. In a VERY competitive A league. BA is mid 400s, and highest on the team, so he gets plunked a lot!  He is good at hitting stuff out of the strike zone too. There is no intentional walks, so he takes one for the the team and takes his base. Better for the other team that he doesn't drive in a run or two. He understands this and takes it in stride. He was even hit by one of his best friends in a game. They just looked at each other and laughed!! He repaid his friend a couple innings later and both teams were holding their gloves over their mouths hiding the smiles. Nothing really hard, or at the head though. Got to the point where he wears a protective pad on his left hip and elbow now.

Yanks win tonight in a close one, 5 - 4 !  

But you've all seen how my predictions play out........ :taunt:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

My 14 yo grandson plays travel ball, spring and fall. In a VERY competitive A league. BA is mid 400s, and highest on the team, so he gets plunked a lot!  He is good at hitting stuff out of the strike zone too. There is no intentional walks, so he takes one for the the team and takes his base. Better for the other team that he doesn't drive in a run or two. He understands this and takes it in stride. He was even hit by one of his best friends in a game. They just looked at each other and laughed!! He repaid his friend a couple innings later and both teams were holding their gloves over their mouths hiding the smiles. Nothing really hard, or at the head though. Got to the point where he wears a protective pad on his left hip and elbow now.

Yanks win tonight in a close one, 5 - 4 !  

But you've all seen how my predictions play out........ :taunt:

We plunk Betts in the bottom of the first, both benches are warned, and Sale cant retaliate or pitch inside for fear of ejection. Baseball 101! Oh and El Gary throws out Betts trying to steal 2nd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Your example is cause & effect.  I get that.  Drilling Betts in the 1st isn't that, unless it's for the 13 pitch AB where he hit a granny off Happ.  

Maybe you're right, and Sale should drill Judge just to set the tone.  I'm not against guys getting hit, but there aught to be a reason.  

Maybe the starter of each home team should just drill the leadoff man EVERY GAME.  

Drilling Betts seems like a gutless move.  Maybe that's" the Yankee Way".

If anyone should get drilled it's the umps for some of the warning they have issued.  

Guess we'll see if Sale is healthy and if Happ can continue his success against the Sox.

7 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Your example is cause & effect.  I get that.  Drilling Betts in the 1st isn't that, unless it's for the 13 pitch AB where he hit a granny off Happ.  

Maybe you're right, and Sale should drill Judge just to set the tone.  I'm not against guys getting hit, but there aught to be a reason.  

Maybe the starter of each home team should just drill the leadoff man EVERY GAME.  

Drilling Betts seems like a gutless move.  Maybe that's" the Yankee Way".

If anyone should get drilled it's the umps for some of the warning they have issued.  

Guess we'll see if Sale is healthy and if Happ can continue his success against the Sox.

Im against the plunking 100%, I think its absolute garbage and a blight on the game. Especially after a bat flip or other celebration by the hitter. Unless the hitter can charge the mound with the bat and get a free shot, thats the equivalent right? Our friend Izzy Alcantara had the right of it

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If Chris Sale is himself, Sox 5-3.

If Chris Sale is dead arm with low 90’s only, Yanks 7-3 and we dunzo

yeah his arm went to spaghetti end of season, he looked great all year, maybe some rest will help him out.   BUT its not like yanks are sending out Andy Pettite tonite either.  

I didn’t say I like it either by the way. I did say that its part of the game and a tool to do exactly what Biz describes- take away the inside corner for the pitcher who does get to throw it.

Grampy’s grandson gets a big ATTA BOY!!!!

correct this for you...... 2003!  lol  

I said 2004. That was 2003 and yanks have nothing to show for it. Except getting smoked by big game Josh Beckett for the ring. He later won another for the Sox!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I said 2004. That was 2003 and yanks have nothing to show for it. Except getting smoked by big game Josh Beckett for the ring. He later won another for the Sox!

yes i know , but us yanks fans are jacked up like 2003!   2004 wasnt so good for us.  Well at least the last 4 games of that series with the sox.  That Aaron Boone homer was epic in 03 and that comeback by the socks was unbelieveable in 04.  Hoping for a series like those ! 

yes i know , but us yanks fans are jacked up like 2003!   2004 wasnt so good for us.  Well at least the last 4 games of that series with the sox.  That Aaron Boone homer was epic in 03 and that comeback by the socks was unbelieveable in 04.  Hoping for a series like those ! 

But none of it will matter for either of us if the Astros repeat