2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

Yes!!!

WHY THE F DID CORA PULL PORCELLO?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cora had a stellar series! Bold moves and right moves throughout. Seemed like he trusted some baseball guts, played good small ball and had a better mojo and more confidence.

• Like 2

Cora had a stellar series! Bold moves and right moves throughout. Seemed like he trusted some baseball guts, played good small ball and had a better mojo and more confidence.

Yea I think being part of that Astros WS team staff last year really helped him.

To beat the Yanks in 4, with Betts hitting .188 is impressive

Much like Bills fans, I can now focus on hunting since baseball is now officially over!

Wife and daughter happy yanks lost as now they might to watch some tv again.  

Now that the Sox moved on, it throws a wrench into my weekend. Game 1 Saturday night, so I’ll be getting minimal sleep before hunting Sunday morning for a few hours before a boozy brunch at 11am. Then Sox Game 2 at 7pm on Sunday night I think. Chiefs/Patriots at 830pm.

Earned it? Highest payroll in baseball, I’d say they purchased it. Insert Biz’s response of denial below ....
kidding Tommy ya know I like to stoke the fire 

Glad we paid JD 1/2 the price of Stanton. His .222/.222./.222 slashline this series and 10+ runners left on base was utterly pathetic.

And Dodgers/Yanks were 1 and 2 in payroll every year 2013-2017 with 0 rings combined.

Even father back Yanks were also 1 in 2012, 2011, and 2010. So that’s 8 years being 1 or 2 and 0 rings.

Many years Yanks were $70M+ more than the 2nd highest team. That’s truly buying a ring (or lack thereof)

• Like 1

Yankees didn't get the name "Evil Empire" because the kept a low payroll through out the 1990's and 2000's.

Their old motto use to be that they let the other teams develop the talent and then they would just sign the guy once he got good.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

What’s with the weird hand tilt generally second pitch to batter on ? Looks like he’s listening to his hand. 

Just his routine. Whatever works. At this point this point in his career at his age, there has never been another closer with numbers anywhere close to his in the regular season.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just his routine. Whatever works. At this point this point in his career at his age, there has never been another closer with numbers anywhere close to his in the regular season.

Will have to see if he does better against the Astro's? The Stro's won't go down as easy as the Yanks. Should be a good series.

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

He’s up there for sure 

https://amp.mlb.com/266184532-kenley-jansen-leads-top-mlb-relievers-in-2018.amp.html

Will have to see if he does better against the Astro's? The Stro's won't go down as easy as the Yanks. Should be a good series.

I’m hoping the Sox don’t go down easy. Astros could beat us in 5 games and it would surprise nobody.